over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Honestly, there is a secret to growth

PHIL HERNON

Banned
Here it is but its HARD to do...........you must have a special machine or a training partner that is dedicated and willing. IF you can find such a thing, you are in LUCK. I wont go into much detail other than just explain what you need to do.........I wont go into sets, reps or anything else because it is not fair to my paying clients..........most times I dont even tell them because its not feasible...but IF IT IS...........what a growth ride you are on.
1. Make the eccentric contraction HEAVIER than the concentric contraction each rep.
2. HOW? Well, have your partner PUSH DOWN ON THE NEGATIVE STROKE ONLY.......the let it go on the positive stroke........EACH REP.
3. Wait until you see how LIGHT the positive stroke is after the HEAVY negative......great adaption blaster.

Also

This is why I always tell my clients to NEVER use the assisted pull up machine.....it takes away the weight to allow for the positive stroke, but also takes away the negative stroke......not good for hypertrophy. Look at olympic lifters........very strong but not huge in relation..........its all concentric contractions.........no eccentric contractions. The KEY is all in the eccentric contraction......but concentric is ALSO needed, so do not just do " Negatives".

There is a ton of research that supports Phil's statement:

Jonathan P. Farthing1 and Philip D. Chilibeck1 Contact Information
(1) College of Kinesiology, University of Saskatchewan, 105 Gymnasium Place, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, S7N 5C2, Canada

Accepted: 7 March 2003 Published online: 17 May 2003
Abstract The purpose of this study was to examine the effect of isokinetic eccentric (ECC) and concentric (CON) training at two velocities [fast, 180° s−1 (3.14 rad s−1) and slow,30° s−1(0.52 rad s−1)] on muscle hypertrophy. Twenty-four untrained volunteers (age 18–36 years) participated in fast- (n=13) or slow- (n=11) velocity training, where they trained one arm eccentrically for 8 weeks followed by CON training of the opposite arm for 8 weeks. Ten subjects served as controls (CNT). Subjects were tested before and after training for elbow flexor muscle thickness by sonography and isokinetic strength (Biodex). Overall, ECC training resulted in greater hypertrophy than CON training (P<0.01). No significant strength or hypertrophy changes occurred in the CNT group. ECC (180° s−1) training resulted in greater hypertrophy than CON (180° s−1) training and CON (30° s−1) training (P<0.01). ECC (30° s−1) training resulted in greater hypertrophy than CON (180° s−1) training (P<0.05), but not CON (30° s−1) training. ECC (180° s−1) training resulted in the greatest increases in strength (P<0.01). We conclude that ECC fast training is the most effective for muscle hypertrophy and strength gain.

**broken link removed**

using your working weight with assisted force on the negative?

Exactly

using your working weight with assisted force on the negative?

Yes, your normal working weight............you would be amazed........you can do MORE reps with heavy eccentrics...........watch. Its amazing.......I had a GREAT partner back in the late 80s-90s that helped me do this........I have not been able to do it since but in spurts, which really sucks..........its amazing.

it does work.
by far best way to work the msucle and you can tell immediately that it is.
-JS

Well, kind of

Are you referring to something like this video?:

YouTube - Delczeg Training System - Squats

(credits to emeric)

When John Olsen and I did it back in the late 80s I had him stand directly behind me and PUSH DOWN on the squat bar, making sure he did not pull me back. It works better with 1 person actually pushing down............2 guys with weights is hard to find and they have to LIFT them each rep.......after a set of squats you try lifting a 45 pound plate 15 times, ahhahahahhaha...........just grab your partner and have him push down on the bar each eccentric rep. We discovered it when we got bored one day just doing straight reps.......Emeric and I trained together this way 20 years ago......he had a similar idea but used plates........we both loved it when we could train together. You can all it what ever you want to, but it works.....

Shelby, about 5 years ago a company came out with machines that overload on the eccentric stroke........they are EXPENSIVE but awesome!

Didn't Arthur Jones experiment with that a bit?

Dr. Darden's H.I.T.

Not sure if these are the same machines you are referring to Phil but the idea is of course awesome.

YES

Dr. Darden's H.I.T.

Not sure if these are the same machines you are referring to Phil but the idea is of course awesome.

Thanks!! Thats it.........there is also a similar line........awesome stuff. I spoke with the salesman when I opened my gym 6 years ago.........but I could not afford the whole line......if I could have that stuff!!!! I am telling you........THATS THE SECRET........but a GREAT PARTNER can do it also just fine............but that stuff is awesome!!

Great tips Phil! I always heard that this works much better but its hard to find a consistent training partner. I did do something similar to this about for about a month or so in college and it did work much better than normal routines.

Yes

Great tips Phil! I always heard that this works much better but its hard to find a consistent training partner. I did do something similar to this about for about a month or so in college and it did work much better than normal routines.

I rarely tell my clients about this because they feel left out because you REALLY need a partner...you just cant do it without one....if they say they have a dedicated partner then I set up a routine for this............it really is awesome.

Thats the hard part is to find a dedicated partner. During summer I work full time and I got no reliable partner back home. And during college speaks for itself...cause most of my friends in college would rather get drunk six nights a weeks then go to gym lol.

I have tried this in the past and it does work miracles!!!

Unfortunately I now train alone and not so much for sheer size so I haven't done this in a long time!

Thanks for reminding me Phil! :)

As many have stated, this does work miracles... however, it's very hard to find a training partner for most due to schedule's, etc... I had a great one for about a year and we did this w/ excellent results.
-Phil, for those w/ no training partner would a slow down (3-4 sec) on the negative stroke be the next best thing? W/ maybe a somewhat explosive push into the positive/concentric contraction whilst staying in the range of motion we've discussed in the past? I know 'slow negatives' have been beat to death in discussion on here but they do translate into better growth for me anyway, so would they be a viable option for those w/o a dedicated training partner? Or do you have any idea's as to how to incorporate this method w/o a partner or specific machine? Thx

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws