over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How do you handle - "what are you on"

triathloncoach

Featured Member / Kilo Klub / Board Supporter
Featured Member
Board Supporter
Are you uncomfortable with the looks and questions regarding personal DVD use? I'm starting to get looks and questions and it's no fun. I'm a 45 year old married father who works in an office. I love the way I look and feel, but I don't want people to think I'm watching DVDs. I guess you can't have your cake and eat it too.

"You wouldn't believe what a change a few diet adjustments can make! Next step I think I'm even gonna try that stuff... you know... creatine". :) :p

Sure there will be a few skeptics... but who cares? :D

Just tell them you walk past the donuts in the breakroom then suggest they try doing the same

It happens

Are you uncomfortable with the looks and questions regarding personal DVD use? I'm starting to get looks and questions and it's no fun. I'm a 45 year old married father who works in an office. I love the way I look and feel, but I don't want people to think I'm watching DVDs. I guess you can't have your cake and eat it too.

I saw a guy the other day at the gym and when I walked by him to say Hi he was like DAMN man, wow you gained some size since last fall, what the hell are you on ?, I told him the truth, mdrol and epistane, then he asked " are those otc"? "Yes they are I said and they work damn well dont they? " :D

it does sometimes get some unwanted attention for me, ie (toothless lady at the gas station "hey honey") but, when ppl approach me alot of times they will ask what i eat and really start drilling about nutrition and laugh as they talk about how they dont watch what they eat and oh i love this one "what is a carb?"
i dont condone the elitist attitude myself and dont judge ppl rather they are serious about fitness or not and if anyone asks about "supplements" my response is usually " that dont have a whole lot to do with it" i look bigger after i lose 20 lbs dieting for competition

it does sometimes get some unwanted attention for me, ie (toothless lady at the gas station "hey honey") but, when ppl approach me alot of times they will ask what i eat and really start drilling about nutrition and laugh as they talk about how they dont watch what they eat and oh i love this one "what is a carb?"
i dont condone the elitist attitude myself and dont judge ppl rather they are serious about fitness or not and if anyone asks about "supplements" my response is usually " that dont have a whole lot to do with it" i look bigger after i lose 20 lbs dieting for competition

Your right , now that I'm leaning out everybody keeps telling me that I'm getting huge , people constantly ask me "what are you taking" , I mention some of the OTC sups but stick with the "hard work in the gym and nutrition" aspect.
It never fails though your alwayts gonna get some hater talk shit about you cause his girl keeps "eye fucking" you from accross the room , they say shit like "its all from steroids , his dick probably only 2" long and doesn't work" rather than man up and ask about proper training they want to try to belittle you.

Fuck them , if people try to give me negitive attention and accuse gear useage I make them look dumb about it and explain what shitty work ethic they have. But or those that are intrested in actualy learing somthing I'm always more than happy to help with what I can

i was always upfront and honest. no need to lie about it.

Oh the power of Bison steak and asparagus...it just seems to have something in it that makes me get leaner and bigger, but again at a whole shopping 170lbs, I can hide it pretty easy with a proper shirt:D but in when I creep up around the 200lb mark, well then it is difficult...I telling you try the bison steak and asparagus:D!

Last edited:

During my first time watching dvds I got a TON of that.. ahhh I miss being able to get so much outta watching dvd's for the first time... I used the OTC excuse and even then, mostly from friends I still wouldn't tell, I get that...

I just tell them, come to the gym with me, eat what I eat and you'll grow up big and tall like me.. They usually shut up abt it.. Second thing I get crap about is eating so much.. lol Ya just can't win sometimes....

DD2

i was always upfront and honest. no need to lie about it.

me too, why bullshit people so they can waste another couple years and hundreds to thousands of dollars on supps that are not nearly as effective as the real deal.

me too, why bullshit people so they can waste another couple years and hundreds to thousands of dollars on supps that are not nearly as effective as the real deal.

The legality of them. Nobody wants to get in trouble for buying pirated dvd's or anything like that :)

when people would ask, I would just say using some creatine mono and gatorade during the workout, or ill say I dont take anything the body doesnt produce naturally itself

Last edited:
just say what i say...
"i'm on what everyone else here is on... amino acids, creatine, and glutamine"
then wink...

Tell them you look this way because you were a breast fed baby.... this defuses the situation every time!

The legality of them. Nobody wants to get in trouble for buying pirated dvd's or anything like that :)

no one gives a shit about that. the cops are gonna come knock on my door because someone told them that i said i use gear. come on
the same damn people asking me about gear are also asking me about training and getting in shape.

i had an old man ask me at church last sunday where i got all the muscles? my reply "lots of steroids, lots of food, and lots of heavy weight." and i walked away as he just stared at me

note the order of reply. let me add i trained natural for 16 years

we've got scumbag motherfuckers throwing babies out of the windows of moving cars, the cops are more interested in a gym rat with bigger muscles than the average guy above these kinds of atrocities?

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear