over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How far do you drive for a gym and why

belong to 24hour. There is one about 2 min from my work, another one about 10 min from my house and one in the middle about 15 min from my house. So basically I have 3 I can go to. Each gym has its own thing to offer, a few things I like better for paticular muscle group I am working.

Same here bro! Kinda spoiled maybe...but it sure is nice!! Am I right?!

I have to take a helicopter because I live in Antarctica :(
j.k

.. For me I need convenience over anything.... I can make any gym work. If you do Phils routine, you wont need much... except enough weight. If you need a spot you should be able to instruct someone as simple as a monkey to do so.

that has always been a big concern of mine. more than once i have asked management of gyms if i could bring my 150's+ dumbells to their gym to train with em. i always said i can just leave em there cuz no one will steall em, hell they can't lift em lol.
most gyms were cool with that but a few didnt have the insurance for em or something? but most gyms were cool with it.
i did drive over 45 minutes to train at Milos Sarcev's Kolosieum for bout a year or so. and it was completely worth it. a gym designed by a bodybuilder is worth 3 gyms designed by a corparate a hole lol.
-JS

I go to 2 different Gold's Gyms -- one is 7 min from my apartment by bicycle and the other 14 min. Why? They are the best in the area for lifting! Membership rate is a ripoff though ($120/month!!!)

120 a month holy hell....mine is running a deal at 19.95 and if you pay upfront for the year it is 240 and no fees

Most of my career I was super heavy but my last comp when I was ranked I deadlifted 790 and weighed in at 235...

That's impressive man without a doubt. Any videos?

I go to 2 different Gold's Gyms -- one is 7 min from my apartment by bicycle and the other 14 min. Why? They are the best in the area for lifting! Membership rate is a ripoff though ($120/month!!!)

For $120 a month, your membership better come with a happy ending...

I drive 15-20min. It's the only gym around with 150lbs dumbbells, free weight squat racks (2 of them), and good atmosphere. Completely worth it IMO.

plus, $15/month is awesome.

I drive 20-25 minutes. Bodybuilding/powerlifting gym, very well equipped. Now the owners. Feels like home. Pass 4 gyms on the way there. Never think twice.

That's impressive man without a doubt. Any videos?

No video it was lost duringmy divorce so SHE says along with my lifting gear etc,,,,i found a few pictures of my warm ups and that is it.

Shortly after that i was going to do a full raw meet and during warm ups on squat with 495 for reps I was at the bottom and SNAP hammy went bigtime right there ended my pl days......I could still compete just more of a mind set know anytime I go heavy

Takes me about 35 minutes, give or take 5 minutes, depending on traffic and the weather. I train at Armbrust Pro Gym so the drive is worth it and I live in the mountains outside of Denver so anywhere I go there is going to be a comparable drive.

Skip

15 minutes, there's supposedly another bigger/better gym for $10 more a month 30 minutes away... but I have a set routine at the gym I'm at now, the staff there like me and know my family so I don't catch shit for banging around heavy weights, and my workout partner would have to drive 45 minutes to get to the new gym (which he's not willing to do), so for now I'm stuck at my midwest chain gym (cardinal fitness)

I walk, 10 minutes.
Great most of the time, but sucks in the winter. Central Europe is fuggin cold in the winter! But it's a decent gym. Good machines and heavy dumbells.

My old one was a 5 minute walk. Management problem caused them to go under...

2 min walk to the train, 10 min train ride, 1 min walk.

Golds Tokyo, same price that Aaron Osaka is paying.

that has always been a big concern of mine. more than once i have asked management of gyms if i could bring my 150's+ dumbells to their gym to train with em. i always said i can just leave em there cuz no one will steall em, hell they can't lift em lol.
most gyms were cool with that but a few didnt have the insurance for em or something? but most gyms were cool with it.
i did drive over 45 minutes to train at Milos Sarcev's Kolosieum for bout a year or so. and it was completely worth it. a gym designed by a bodybuilder is worth 3 gyms designed by a corparate a hole lol.
-JS

Sometimes it's about the floors getting f*ed up. If people let them drop the floors will melt away.

Sometimes it's about the floors getting f*ed up. If people let them drop the floors will melt away.

Trained at a posh health club for a bit. Place was huge and had decent equipment but all of a sudden they wanted us to use deadlifting pads. Essentially hard rubber pads under each side of the BB that lifted it a good 4 inches off the ground. Manager claimed that deadlifting could ruin the foundation of the gym. This is a brand new multi million dollar facility and I highly doubt the foundation is faltering under our massive deadlifts:rolleyes:

IMO some soccer moms didn't like the loud thuds and it was disterbing to there 2.5mph treadmilling. Of course I no longer train there and question why I ever did.

Trained at a posh health club for a bit. Place was huge and had decent equipment but all of a sudden they wanted us to use deadlifting pads. Essentially hard rubber pads under each side of the BB that lifted it a good 4 inches off the ground. Manager claimed that deadlifting could ruin the foundation of the gym. This is a brand new multi million dollar facility and I highly doubt the foundation is faltering under our massive deadlifts:rolleyes:

IMO some soccer moms didn't like the loud thuds and it was disterbing to there 2.5mph treadmilling. Of course I no longer train there and question why I ever did.

If the matting/flooring is expensive, replacing them can be costly.
Don't buy ruining the foundation bit, the manager gave you.
I do agree a lot of the time they just don't want big intimidating people in there.

Drive about 15 minutes. It is the best gym in the area.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131