advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How long did it take for you to realize you dont have the genetics to be a Pro?

desibaba

Banned
I think I was lucky that after a few years of training I realized no amount of drugs, training or food will turn me into a top pro bodybuilder. I never stopped training but I am thankful that I didnt kill myself with the drugs trying to chase an unrealistic dream. I find it ironic that there are people out there who truly think guys like Big Ramy (a poor fisherman from Eqypt) or Phil Heath (who didnt start training until 2002) had access to some secret drug or cycle that turned them into the freaks they are today.

So my question is to those of you who arent delusional how long did it take for you to realize that while you might look amazing at the beach or the gym but you probably wont be Mr Olympia in this lifetime?

There's a lot of people who haven't figured it out yet..........cough, cough.

4 cycles, up to 1 gram was the max... I just don't have it man, it's very easy to know if you have it or not

I haven't figured it out. I see things in myself and possibilities ahead. I won't be one still living the dream risking my health at 40+.

Then again, above was not to sound arrogant...but if I was over 5'9 or couldnt get past 205lbs or had longer limbs or different tie ins, joints, etc...I could very easily have already figured it out. You play the hand you're dealt...if you feel like playing.

Last edited:
I never had any desire to be a pro bodybuilder, but I desired to get into the best shape I could.
I always had bad genetics for this sport but I was sick of being the tall thin guy lol

But I think if you haven't made significant gains in size whilst taking medium to large doses within about 5 years, you might be kidding yourself. That is becoming pro I mean. But there are a lot of exceptions to this, so I guess it really depends on the drive and what risks you are willing to take

Being a IFBB Pro wasn't ever really a goal or idea, but not being at least 210lbs and lean without aas pretty much sealed it in my book.........at 5'9.5"

Never pushed any drugs to see if I was some kind of hyper responder, but no desire to.

Within the first year or 2 off AAS. The two guys I trained and juiced with. We ate the same. Worked out the same, dosed the same. One guy blew up 50lbs and got leaner. He was doing state shows. I gained 15 lbs and struggled to the get leaner. The other guy gained 25lbs and looked good...but no comparison.

I had to do twice as much to look half as good. It wasn't in the cards for me

Just like Cerberus. When I saw that I had to take twice as much for twice as long to look half as good as the elite in my area.

A couple years.

Never stepped foot in the gym with a desire to stand on a stage in banana hammock, oiled up and posing for strangers. lol

It was all about not liking being tall and skinny and my self image. Managed to change that but never any visions of making a career from lifting.

As stated - a couple of years of serious training should allow most to see if they have any real genetic talent for the sport.

Before I started lifting I knew this boy would never be a pro.

Personally, after my 3rd show.

Had I analyzed a little better, I would have known after my first show.

I really never felt i had the genetic's even before i started working out.

I've always responded well to steroids and insulin. I've never used growth I cannot afford it. My first cycle was two 100mg shots of prop per week and I managed to gain 20lbs the first six weeks. Right now I'm 5'6" 210lbs and shooting 400mg of test/wk and just pulled 600lbs deadlift in a powerlifting meet a month ago. I knew I didn't have what it takes when I started trying to diet. I just cannot eat egg whites and oatmeal for 4 months. I love eating too much to be a skinny bastard.

Last edited:
I agree with Phil on this. It takes more than good muscle insertions. A sucessful pro probably has the right combination of mental toughness, response to drugs, means to afford food and drugs and also the know how to compete. Look at old Dorian pics. You could argue his genetics were lesser than many yet he had everything else in place.

Still haven't figured it out.

It took me a while to realize I don't have shit for genetics and I'm finally being able to train and grow without that physicological pressure of "shit, why am I doing this if x article/person/website told me I don't have good genes ?", so yeah, still growing, still strong, so haven't realized it yet.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws