advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How long did it take for you to realize you dont have the genetics to be a Pro?

After 3 years of competiting I decided it's not for me.
I could have been ( be) a pro if I wouldve kept at it but two things put me aside:
I wouldnt be a good pro.
I would regret waisting and not living 80% of life.

Im 6'3 and 250lbs. I know ill never be at pro level. But i am still trying to get bigger and bigger. How long im gonna be trying this....No idea, but i am 38y old

I am fully capable of doing it if I took what they took. I am totally convinced of this.

:pjk

I noticed my insertions and proportions were way off once I got to a size bigger than the average gym rat. Long arms, wide waist, shallow chest is just a combination for disaster on a pro qualifier stage. :banghead:

I still haven't realized it.

I truly believe I can obtain the size and condition to compete at that level.

Mentally I cant. The drugs mess with me to much

Lol when I grew up with a waist twice the size of all the other kids :thumbdown:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

As soon as I stepped on a pro stage.........I did not have it mentally......these guys are mentally tough!

This statement carries a lot of weight and gives a little insight as to what it takes to achieve and maintain that level.

after 2-3 years of juicing

Yeah, that's sounds about right for me too. Before you use the drugs you can blame your lackluster physique on not taking drugs but after 2-3 yrs of use and you don't see an incredible amount of difference then you know that you just don't have it.

I'm still not 100% convinced that with the new shows/larger number of cards it wouldn't be a possibility if I truly gave it 100%....but it took me about 4 years to realize I wasn't a phenom or prodigy in the sport who would quickly rise through the ranks.

Shit, I didnt even know what pro bodybuillding was, forums werent around and my genetics sucked (pic attached on the left yellow shorts). I just wanted to be stronger for college soccer and get more pussy. LMAO. At least im honest. And it worked for both. The first time some chick called me the ripped guy on campus I WAS HOOKED. Probably shouldnt admit that either. But its true. What drove me was my dad, who said I can be anything I wanted to be in this life, said you will NEVER be a bodybuilder, whats the point of eating how you are? I was like you didnt just say that haha. So I stayed in school got my law degree, I practice in house for a company, am a national level competitor and run a successful nutrition consulting business. Attached my first pic before training, and pick taken 10 years later and then a current one now at 5 6 and 206. I still dont have any delusions of becoming pro, but its been a fun LONG ride.

Attachments

• jay before and after.jpg
    jay before and after.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 371
  • j now.jpg
    j now.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 374
Last edited:
I struggle with this one. I've only ever ran pep's and juice with a little slin once while I was off everything just to try it out. My waist gets to 27 inches and my shoulder circumference is 52 at my leanest. My upper body definitely has the structure, my front double looks great. Although my legs have struggled for years, they grow but not at the same rate. Doesn't deter me from my goal of doing big things though, you should have a dream and you should chase it, being practical is the antithesis of having a dream. If you have some severe sticking point or are over 40 then being practical isn't a bad thing but even then why not try?

I realized it when I finally started lifting in my 20's and I looked at my dad's physique.

I honestly believe if you want to throw all your cares about your personal life, relationships, health, freedom, and money out the window, with the right resources (someone with the inside knowledge to guide you, sources, cash, time etc) that ANYONE could get that pro card.

I'm not saying they could do shit as a pro, but they would have the status nonetheless.

Some would lose everything, including their lives, some would end up behind bars, but with a crazy enough mindset, even the guys with below average genetics could still do it.

This is strictly my opinion.

But the more I hear about the IFBB, the more I am disgusted by it and wouldn't want any part in it even if it was in the cards for me.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Shit, I didnt even know what pro bodybuillding was, forums werent around and my genetics sucked (pic attached on the left yellow shorts). I just wanted to be stronger for college soccer and get more pussy. LMAO. At least im honest. And it worked for both. The first time some chick called me the ripped guy on campus I WAS HOOKED. Probably shouldnt admit that either. But its true. What drove me was my dad, who said I can be anything I wanted to be in this life, said you will NEVER be a bodybuilder, whats the point of eating how you are? I was like you didnt just say that haha. So I stayed in school got my law degree, I practice in house for a company, am a national level competitor and run a successful nutrition consulting business. Attached my first pic before training, and pick taken 10 years later and then a current one now at 5 6 and 206. I still dont have any delusions of becoming pro, but its been a fun LONG ride.

Wow. Your before and after pics are awesome. Pro genetics or not you have professional drive and will. To make a transformation like you have; on top of an education that has chewed up and spit so many out. congrats to you on being successful in many aspects of life

Wow. Your before and after pics are awesome. Pro genetics or not you have professional drive and will. To make a transformation like you have; on top of an education that has chewed up and spit so many out. congrats to you on being successful in many aspects of life

thanks I appreciate that. I think every guy/gal should have a Plan A to support themselves, I never counsel anybody to put all eggs in the bodybuilding basket, thats a hobby or Plan B at best even for the guys with the best gentics. Only the top 5% make a living from pro bodybuilding.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Stromba926
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws