advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How long do you REALLY stay off between cycles...what's optimal?

Aikman56

Kilo Klub Member
Up until a few years ago, I was very naive with regard to how long people cycled, what and how much. I was also under the impression that pretty much everyone took a few months of down time between cycles.

Hell, I was even delusional enough to believe that the Pros took time off (I blame that on Kevin Levrone dropping to 215 every year and growing into the O!)...

Anyway...my question is this:

How long do you guys actually stay off between cycles? What's optimal? What's the least you can get by with?

I typically take 3-4 months down, but as I get older (I'm 36) I see less point in down time. Also, I hate the feeling of 2 steps forward and 1 step back. I wonder if I wouldn't be better off taking 2 steps forward and standing still!

I blast and cruise.I used to take 12 weeks off now I don't I would loose size even with proper PCT.

Lots of people here blast cruise, doing 2-3 blasts a year and stayin on yearly doses of test. The general rule of thumb for cycling is time on + pct = time off. I talked to my gf's dad about cycling and back in the 80s he said lots of guys he spoke to who cycled instead of cruising would do usually 1/2 time on for their off time so it would be 12 weeks on, 6 off or somewhere along those lines. Some people recover much faster than others but if you want the safe route do time on = time off. Or cruise because its a better and safer bet with more stable hormone levels instead of trying to recover after every cycle.

i hate coming off, not just for the loss in strength and size but i get depressed and worst of all i seem to lose a fair amount of muscle memory for some reason, even keeping my caloric intake the same or higher. im currently cruising right now. as long as i am juicing i will not come off.

Thanks for the input guys, keep it coming.

I've never been a "cruiser", but I'm giving it serious consideration. What dose do you guys use for cruising?

Given the fact you are 35+ your hormone levels are probably starting to go down naturally, have you got them checked ? If they are not optimal, I think you know what would be recommend :cool:

-Drugcheat

I've never been a "cruiser", but I'm giving it serious consideration. What dose do you guys use for cruising?

I cruise at 2oo-250mg of test as well as 100-150mg of npp. Love it!!!!!

Given the fact you are 35+ your hormone levels are probably starting to go down naturally, have you got them checked ? If they are not optimal, I think you know what would be recommend :cool:

-Drugcheat

That's a great point, and exactly why I'm considering getting a script and doing blast/cruise. I just finished my PCT, gonna get blood work done in 3-4 weeks, then I'll know more.

I do 19 on (including PCT) and 19 off. I will start blast and cruise when I turn 35, I'm 27 now. I can't wait! lol

250mg e7-10 days... broski

you guys take an AI and/or HCG with your cruise and whats your cruise dose of test?

Im just starting a blast in a few days and plan to cruise after on 200mg test, hcg twice a week, and .5mg adex twice a week.

40 days 250mg test every 7 days. 250iu hcg/day. Arimidex eod. 100mg clomid first 20 days. 25mg proviron Ed.

43yrs old
250 cruise (prop)
2-3 blasts per year (Npp, tren or var)
Although I got happy this year and ran a dbol/drol combo :)

Usually it was 6 months on with 8 to 16 week cruises, wrapping up 5 months on now i will take 6 to 8 weeks cruise then start shorter blasts of 12 weeks with 6 to 8 week cruises test e tren e cruise 100/100.

It's still my opinion that if you're dicking around with this....and don't have aspirations of being a pro on some level (bb, powerlifter, strongman, etc) then you shouldn't be doing this.
I know personally there is no way I would do this if it wasn't to achieve my dream.

i have always come off after a blast usually 16-20 weeks on then
anywhere from 8-12 weeks off.....total waste of time ...
i am now going to blast and cruise...
my plan right now...is 17 weeks on...of 500-600 equipoise 600-800 sustenon
500-750 cypionate weekly and 50 mg winny (stanzoil)every other day
then a 10 week cruise of 300 primo
then a big 20 week blast of deca,test cypionate and winny over the winter
along the way i may throw in some tren acetate daily

Been doing 2-3 cycles yr for 20 yrs. This is first full yr doing trt. After last bloodwork dr at clinic said you can just stay on when you start again and use hcg 2 x wk at 500 iu but depends on bf. Supposedly lower bf lower dose hcg and higher bf higher dose. I am going to blast 16 wk then cruise for 8 wk then blast again and use hcg from beginning. When cruising probably best to keep test at 200-250 every 7-10 days depending on compound.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws