Votes: 26 28.6%
  • 15-20 mintues

Votes: 7 7.7%
  • 20-30 mintues

Votes: 13 14.3%

• Total voters

JCLadson

Banned
How long does it take each of you to finish a meal? I have learned to teach myself to take smaller bites. Of course, I eat every meal at the desk looking at PM or some type of training,dieting website..lol...I will vote first.

Unless the meal is enormous...not more than 5-10 minutes...unless it's gross though:eek:

Chicken breast and rice will take me around 10minutes, but it feels like an hour. :eek:

Ten minutes at the absolute most. My work environment tends to be rather fast paced. I worry more about getting all my food in during the day than taking my time when I eat it.

5-10 minutes. I gobble food down very quickly. I eat protein first, then carbs, then veggies. My protein is usually the hardest to eat since you have to cut it and really chew it, so by eating that first I can then throw the carbs down pretty quick afterwards (sweet potato, oats, etc).

Right now...45 min

The "bulking diet" I'm on, Lunch takes 45 mins. to get down. That's no breaks, just eating. (1 LB of grilled chicken & 1 LB of Sweet potatoes.)

3-5 minutes for a full plate of food, 6-10 minutes if I have a full plate of seconds. I am bad about inhaling my food

5 minutes or less. When I was in the Marines, boot camp we would eat (and I'm guessing because I don't remember exactly) in under 3 minutes. Every meal! Ever since then I have been in the bad habit of doing this. I don't do it on purpose, It's just the way I've been conditioned. When I go out to eat, I make a conscious effort to slow down so I am not rude, but I still finish pretty fast.

The "bulking diet" I'm on, Lunch takes 45 mins. to get down. That's no breaks, just eating. (1 LB of grilled chicken & 1 LB of Sweet potatoes.)

This sounds like a normal meal for me sometimes.... It takes me ten minutes... :D

This sounds like a normal meal for me sometimes.... It takes me ten minutes... :D

Good for you!!! Sucks weighing it out to makes sure, doesn't it?? Most people just guess that they're eating that much.

But since your 320 lbs that means i'm eating like a guy that's 100lbs bigger than me.

Last edited:
very quickly 10 minutes

Good for you!!! Sucks weighing it out to makes sure, doesn't it?? Most people just guess that they're eating that much.

But since your 320 lbs that means i'm eating like a guy that's 100lbs bigger than me.

Ha.. I guess I can see the problem then.. Just keep eating.. You'll get there.... And y aweighing food is no fun, but someones gotta do it..

I inhale food. 5 min tops. unless its a dessert then i take my time cuz i want that fucker to last forever. like a cheesecake.

I'm with Ming on this.....usually less than 5 minutes...I cant imagine myself eating fine cuisine...i think i would finish one course in just a bite....:D

Before when I was younger I could wolf food down. As I get older I really like to chew my food up and enjoy it.

Slow eatter

Average size meal will take me a least 30 minutes to consume. My point of view is, at any time the meal you are eating may be you last meal, so enjoy and don't inhale it. Chewing more facilitates better digestion and better absorption of nutrients in the food.

My 2 cents worth...

I eat very slow as well. I wish I could eat faster, but after choking one year at thanksgiving I have somewhat of a phobia and I really take my time and chew everything well.

Less then a minute.

[size=-5]I'm uh...not kidding :eek:[/size]

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner