these drugs right here to cut away the fat no problem."

Can't digest 10,000 cals/day? Maybe not while natural
and not taking enough supplements to help this but
that's not the case here.

4,000cal/day will not make Ronnie, Dorian, ETC look like
big fat slobs off season. Just not going to happen

More is better in this case

Mantus

Jesus....what is it with everyone named alpha taking pictures of themselves e/ Iphones in their avatars?

:banghead:

Damn that was some funny ass random question

You people don't get it.

It's all about nutrient utilization. Which is increased by drugs.

Ever see the natty hard gainer who needs 5k calories to get a couple of pounds over 125? By your guys logic he'd need 15-20k to be a bodybuilder.

While there's a bunch of gym rats on loads of gear who don't know shit about diet and eat 3 square meals a day and walk around 225lbs.

Pros eat generally around 3-5k, maybe more for some, but it depends on the drug regime. Lol it's never, ever over 7k. You cannot even digest that much food. You'd be sick and lethargic all day. You couldn't train. You'd be shitting every hour on the hour.

It's normal stuff guys, just the drugs and genetics that make the astounding physiques.

Use some logic for a second, it's really not that big of a mystery.

onto the next page...

Human nature is to exaggerate!! ANd with the egos in body building it is exemplified. Unless you are eating mcdonalds there is no way you are eating 12000 calories unless you are eaing every two hours including throughout the night, Its the same as some guys exaggerating on gear usage, Everyone want people to look at them and have their jaw hit the ground. Most are exaggerating!!! Hell i can say i have a 10" dick......but my wife will tell you its closer to 4"

Can some of the guys here who compete at a high level PLEASE chime in on this bullshit session??

Dusty , Phil , mountiandog1, b-boy , Shelby , Alex and anybody else that competes at the national level if you don't mind could you state you off season weight and the cal intake to maintain that , just calories not actual diet

i compete at the national level but it has been sine 2003 since i have, i eat about 4k when i'm not dieting and 2500 to 3500 when getting ready for a show, when i start my diet i start out about 2500 after about 3 to 5 weeks i need to add more once things get moving

I know Con Demetriou very well, and he eats only about 4-5k off season 5k if having a cheat day probably, he never counts protein or anything, just picks at food when he's hungry. Off season he's about 265lbs with full on abs. Though he does try to have protein at every meal even if it's just a glass of milk.

Thanks for all the responses, guys. Pretty much what I expected to hear.

Like someone else said, I'd love to hear what some of the upper echelon guys know (I know B-Boy's offseason is around 4k and he's a freak).

And obviously there will be the anomaly, the freak like Coleman who can eat 3 dozen donuts a day. But this also includes very, very, VERY high drug dosages. But that's a whole other topic.

Well, if I remember correctly.. George Farah starts many guys out on about 40 calories per kg of bodyweight..

So for someone weighing 286lbs (130kg), that would be about 5200kcal.

If your metabolism is slow.. he might lower a bit.. and if it's fast.. raise it a bit.

High protein is bad for healthy kidneys?

Who told you that?

250g protein at 170lbs?

What are you trying to get from that?

Mantus

Yes very high daily intake of protein for extended amounts of time is not healthy for kidneys. Who told me that? Maybe the M.D. after my name gives me a little authority. I hate to say it but you cant mess with a 1million years of evolution. Our kidneys are not meant to handle 500grams of protein daily. Period. I dont care what anybody says. I have patients that take 300-350 for 3-4 months and the creatinine and BUN ratios start raise and go all out of whack and depending on the person sometimes never quite come back to normal when they stop. And that is only for a few months. Try that for extended amounts of time and then you can see how unhealthy extremely high levels of protein can be on a set of kidneys.

Even at 250-300gr of protein you better be highly hydrating yourself to make sure the kidneys are being filtered properly.

Even at 250-300gr of protein you better be highly hydrating yourself to make sure the kidneys are being filtered properly.

Hydration is key here not protein intake.

I don't agree with high protein anyway, so I guess I will never have to worry.

Are you trying to gain weight with all that protein?

You should be concentration more on high carbs not protein

Mantus

Yes very high daily intake of protein for extended amounts of time is not healthy for kidneys. Who told me that? Maybe the M.D. after my name gives me a little authority. I hate to say it but you cant mess with a 1million years of evolution. Our kidneys are not meant to handle 500grams of protein daily. Period. I dont care what anybody says. I have patients that take 300-350 for 3-4 months and the creatinine and BUN ratios start raise and go all out of whack and depending on the person sometimes never quite come back to normal when they stop. And that is only for a few months. Try that for extended amounts of time and then you can see how unhealthy extremely high levels of protein can be on a set of kidneys.

What is the "MD after your name" in?? Cause both my family and work doctors are total retards when it comes to nutrition , they constantly bitch about my high protein diets and what damage its doing to my kidneys but they have nothing to back up these claims , my blood panels are great and they both say that considering the amout of fats in my diet from red meat and whole eggs and the amount of protein that i should have high blood pressuer , high cholesterol , high liver values and reduced kidney function but their not and in fact are better than theirs.

Hydration is key here not protein intake.

I don't agree with high protein anyway, so I guess I will never have to worry.

Are you trying to gain weight with all that protein?

You should be concentration more on high carbs not protein

Mantus

I was at 158 after i cut from 23% BF to 10% BF. During my "cut" phase, i was only taking about 2000 cals a day and mostly high protein, good fats, and around 50gr of carbs daily. For the last two weeks i have bumped my cals from 2000 to 3500 calories daily. I want to get to about 185ish but with slow solid gains. Currently consistently taking 250-275gr of protein, and the rest of the calories are made up with good carbs (fruits, sweet potato etc) and good fats (avocado, olive oil, nuts).

I say 10,000/day

I've seen these guys off season and Ronnie said
he eats 2-3 dozen dunkin donuts a day off season

Maybe 4,000 when starting to get ready to get off
bulking but no way 4,000 off season.

Maybe for Men's Health and some pros but not pros
like Ronnie

AND which pros say they eat clean when bulking?
When I bulk I eat everything. Well almost. I don't eat
much sugar because I care about my teeth and just don't
like sweets, but I don't worry about amount of fat or carbs.

I worry about carbs and fat when I cut not when I bulk.

I can eat 4,000 cal/day without even trying so I say
no way in hell is Ronnie eating anything less than 10,000
when bulking

Mantus

When/where did Ronnie say that? Because Ronnie has been pretty adamant about staying strict with his diet year round on many interviews.

Since you are saying that you eat just about everything and pros don't eat clean, are you a pro? You come across as being "in the know" but I would guess it's all speculation

What is the "MD after your name" in?? Cause both my family and work doctors are total retards when it comes to nutrition , they constantly bitch about my high protein diets and what damage its doing to my kidneys but they have nothing to back up these claims , my blood panels are great and they both say that considering the amout of fats in my diet from red meat and whole eggs and the amount of protein that i should have high blood pressuer , high cholesterol , high liver values and reduced kidney function but their not and in fact are better than theirs.

GS, that's what these liberal college teachers are teaching these kids, been like this for 60 yrs. They only need 1 case to "prove" that's how it is. You use great sources of fats and cholesterol, the docs would rather you take a pill. That's what is being pushed nowadays

I cant comment about your family but my training was in internal medicine. My studies in college focused on exercise physiology mainly. I am not your typical M.D. that preaches that "high" protein is bad for you or even "AAS are evil" blah blah. I have a large number of patients that i place on TRT/HRT and large number of patients that i know (and they trust to tell me) that are on gear but come to me because they feel comfortable and get their blood testing and follow ups to make sure things are cruising along properly. To most docs, consuming anything more than 100gr a day of protein "is bad for you." I obviously dont buy that for a sec. But i have seen many patients that are taking in 500gr+ of protein daily with fucked up kidney values.

Just because you or other people dont have a problem on extremely high protein intake does not make it a blanket statement that it is safe to do so. There are many people that have been smoking for 20+ yrs with no sign of cancer or coronary heart disease, but we dont come out and say that smoking is safe. Everybody has different genetic make up and may take abuse to the body differently than the next person.

Last edited:
You guys becnh 500lbs for reps? Is that impossible for you? Well, some guys can bench 500 lbs for reps, now they didn't get under the bar the first day of training and do it, they constantly pushed their limits to get to that point.
The guy asking the top national level guys what they eat is missing the point... you grouped all of them together, like they all are the same. Take Dusty H for example do you think he is consuming or was consuming the same as another guy that been in the same weight class for many years?

Hell, people thought Ronnie and Kai size was "impossible" before they achieved it, so what makes you think they are not doing what you think is impossible?
Unless I'm being lied to my face, 10,000+ cals is has been and is still being done, and yes, some do it on clean food.
Beleive what makes you feel better, doesn't really make a difference.

Thank you

Mantus

When/where did Ronnie say that? Because Ronnie has been pretty adamant about staying strict with his diet year round on many interviews.

Since you are saying that you eat just about everything and pros don't eat clean, are you a pro? You come across as being "in the know" but I would guess it's all speculation

I never heard him say that, so I could be wrong but explain this:

How can Lee Priest go from being ripped to shreds during competition
to looking like a candidate for the biggest loser off season?

No way 5,000cal can do this and no I am not a Pro
... Far from it. Never wanted to be in BBing competition
let alone a Pro. No offense to those who choose this as
a profession.

I said I eat everything except much sugar when bulking
cause I need to in order to put on weight.
What did you think I meant? That I can eat everything
and still stay lean? :confused:

Mantus

i have seen many patients that are taking in 500gr+ of protein daily with fucked up kidney values.

Too many variables in the lifes of these FEW patients

Show me a healthy kidney damaged by high protein
and then I will believe it.

mantus

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinFinch
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner