over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How much carbs while bulking?

How many carbs do you eat while bulking?

• 200g-300g

Votes: 62 19.7%
  • 300g-400g

Votes: 100 31.8%
  • 400g-500g

Votes: 80 25.5%
  • 500g-600g

Votes: 35 11.1%
  • 600g +

Votes: 37 11.8%

• Total voters
I do well on high carb diets when I'm lean. Eating 600g/day right now. Was eating about 700-800g/day when I was heavier ~260.

I can maintain my size on half that amount, but I need a surplus of something to grow. Starch works best for me and most I know, assuming protein and fat intake are adequate.

I do well on high carb diets when I'm lean. Eating 600g/day right now. Was eating about 700-800g/day when I was heavier ~260.

I can maintain my size on half that amount, but I need a surplus of something to grow. Starch works best for me and most I know, assuming protein and fat intake are adequate.

You ever cut with the high carb low fat approach?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

You ever cut with the high carb low fat approach?

I like cutting with as many carbs as possible. I've done a keto ish diet before and I got lean, but lost muscle and was always flat and hungry. had to drop my calories SO low due to slow metabolism with so few carbs.

I prefer to cycle carbs and keep fats pretty low when dieting. I stay bigger, fuller and don't feel hungry all of the time. I lose fat much faster and my metabolism is revved up this way.

Tren + GH and I'm losing fat and growing no matter how many carbs I'm eating seemingly.

I like cutting with as many carbs as possible. I've done a keto ish diet before and I got lean, but lost muscle and was always flat and hungry. had to drop my calories SO low due to slow metabolism with so few carbs.

I prefer to cycle carbs and keep fats pretty low when dieting. I stay bigger, fuller and don't feel hungry all of the time. I lose fat much faster and my metabolism is revved up this way.

Tren + GH and I'm losing fat and growing no matter how many carbs I'm eating seemingly.

What was "so low" during keto? And what are your calories to diet with higher carbs?

That is almost unbelievable that you can diet on 600g of carbs....I would get so fat doing that. Then again I'm not on GH and Tren but even if I was I don't think it would be enough to let me eat that much.

I'm a carb junkie and don't really keep track of macros as I eat when hungry and fast if bodyfat creeps up. That said about 500 grams of oats, 1 kg of sweet potato, 8 bananas, 4 oranges, a few apples and a couple if tins of backed beans a day on average whatever that comes too. I know it's a lot but my body likes carbs, always has, can get to 8% on quite a high carb diet. I add it up later and post what it is out of interest. Part of me doesn't wanna know lol:eek:

Thats ~1000g of carbs....you're saying you eat that daily?? Sounds impossible if so. I have a huge appetite and a full cheat day is generally 1000-1200g carbs and that's with very carb/sugar dense foods.

What was "so low" during keto? And what are your calories to diet with higher carbs?

That is almost unbelievable that you can diet on 600g of carbs....I would get so fat doing that. Then again I'm not on GH and Tren but even if I was I don't think it would be enough to let me eat that much.

My keto diet was <50g/day carbs and 1 high carb cheat meal per week.

I'm actually not dieting right now per se. I'm trying to grow. I seem to do well with high carbs vs high fats.

I'm actually not dieting right now per se. I'm trying to grow. I seem to do well with high carbs vs high fats.

You said your calories had to get very low while doing keto though in order to lose fat. How low were your calories?

yep , I think thats most important man... trying out different things to see what works..

ive followed so many diets Im just in the state now I dont measure shit I just eat nutritious food as much and as often as I need to.. sometimes 4 sometimes 3 sometimes 8 meals a day but I really find I only grow when I throw in dirty food

I'm a carb junkie and don't really keep track of macros as I eat when hungry and fast if bodyfat creeps up. That said about 500 grams of oats, 1 kg of sweet potato, 8 bananas, 4 oranges, a few apples and a couple if tins of backed beans a day on average whatever that comes too. I know it's a lot but my body likes carbs, always has, can get to 8% on quite a high carb diet. I add it up later and post what it is out of interest. Part of me doesn't wanna know lol:eek:

dayym those oats and beans would kill me

I'm at around 275-300 grams of carbs cutting, 400-475g bulking. As long as I keep my fats in check I dont blow up much. Eating clean beans and oats makes a huge difference compared to refined carbs n crap.

I usually have 600-700 grams of carbs when bulking, because i think thats what suits me, but does it suit me?.......... I have always told myself this works well for me because i "feel" big on this but im now facing the reality that even though i feel big and full while eating like this, i have got a bit of a belly on me and very little abs most of the time.

so as i am now trying big A's method of 500g protein a day i think it's a good time to cut the carbs down.

I am thinking of dropping it to 60g per meal so 360g non training days and 450g on training days.

I know its differant for everybody but my question is how many do you eat when bulking?

200 for me:D

200 for me:D

Wow. Couldn't go that low cutting. Keto don't do shit for me but i get lean real quick on 300 carbs, 300 protein and the rest in fat as calorie requirements dictate.

The diet that I'm just starting to get to 250lbs will have 800g carbs on workout days, 650g on non training days.
Protein at 360g training days 270 on non training days
Fats at around 150g all the time though I don't really keep track of them.
I don't care if I gain fat. I work on the oil rigs and the rig I'm on is 4 stories high. I walk up and down those stairs at least 20 times a day so there's my cardio. I doubt ill gain any fat though. I run enough hgh and am active enough on the job to where ill utilize most of those calories. I'm 220lbs right now

Add in a couple of protein shakes and i'd be farting like a rusty lawn mower on that diet!

Add in a couple of protein shakes and i'd be farting like a rusty lawn mower on that diet!

Tbh the body adapts quite quick

I take in 700+ just for maintence.

about 500g when bulking on average day, on higher days 750-1000g
250g protein, 40-80g fat

250-500g when cutting, 250g protein less than 40g fat

about 500g when bulking on average day, on higher days 750-1000g
250g protein, 40-80g fat

250-500g when cutting, 250g protein less than 40g fat

Like it. Wish I'd done high carb cutting from day 1 instead of fucking about with carb restriction

You said your calories had to get very low while doing keto though in order to lose fat. How low were your calories?

For me to get the last few lbs off I had them sometime around 1600-1800/day. It was TERRIBLE. Couldn't think of anything but food. Hungry, flat...just shitty. Adding T3 to keep metabolism up in keto is just a recipe for MORE muscle loss. LOL at keto diets for body BUILDING- that's my opinion.

yep , I think thats most important man... trying out different things to see what works..

ive followed so many diets Im just in the state now I dont measure shit I just eat nutritious food as much and as often as I need to.. sometimes 4 sometimes 3 sometimes 8 meals a day but I really find I only grow when I throw in dirty food

Exactly bro! I've found the foods I feel are ideal for me. I've tried 8 meals, 6 meals, 3 meals,. 1 meal, 4 meals etc. I average 4 meals and then up to 6 when I'm bigger just because eating more than 1k clean calories per meal is too much so I split it up into more meals.

I have an idea of the amounts I eat, but I go mostly by feel. Same with training. I calculate things to a certain point, and then adjust the rest of the way by feel. The body is a dynamic thing - always changing and always a bit different.

185-200lb guys eating 6+ times per day is a waste IMO. More muscle = more calories = more meals.

dayym those oats and beans would kill me

Oats mess up my gut. Beans not as much, but oats bloat the hell out of me.

When I need to eat 600+ carbs and 300+g protein per day, eating fibrous foods just make it impossible for me to eat enough of the starch/meat. I then stick with lettuces and berries and things since they're less filling sources of micro-nutrients/antioxidants, etc.

90+ % of my carbs come from white rice. IMO - best bbing carb.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
novi0jqz
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws