over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How much L-Glutamine?

massivemark

Registered
Just wondering how much L-Glutamine I should take each day? I know mine contains 4500mg per 1 heaping tsp. How much do u take?

10 grams daily. I split that between two doses. Pre workout and before bed. So 1 gram more than two scoops. Just make each scoop a little bigger.

Anyways i've been getting good results from the sci-fit brands of bcca-lyn and gluta-lyn, definitely aids with soreness and recovery. Bodybuilding.com's store also has ridiculous buy one get all sorts of others free promos for the sci-fit line. I usually do 2.5g PWO and prebed.. they claim 1g equal 5g of 7g, so idk if my 5g total really equals 25-35g of reg glut but I can say it does work for what it worth..

I take SYNTHEL L-GLUTAMINE (synthetek),4g twice a on work out days. Non training days,just 4g/day.

do you guys feel glutamine is critical? I used to take some like 3-4 years ago but haven't since. Well I might get a little here and there with casein, but that's it

I think with the 450-500 of protien I'm consuming daily it schould be coverd..But I tend to add some pwo when I remember..

For me I definately think its a necessity. Only take glutamine, bcaa's, protien, and creatine off cycle. I love to use it pre workout with my igf to hopefully get the shuttling of the insulin like effect.

i take 20grs divided into 4 doses throughout the day

5g when i wake up
5g pre workout
5g PWO
5g before going to bed

this is a very good split to me

I tried it years ago when it was popular but never got anything out of it.

Glutamine/Argenine Question

The below articles on GH and Glutamine/Argenine seem to be a good, non-biased, research based study on what is known about Argenine & Glutamine and their corellation with GH. He concluded that to get the best results (for GH pulsation) are seen with 10-30 grams of Argenine before bed & 2+ grams of Glutamine in the morning. He stressed the importance of taking Argenine on an empty stomach.

"The effectiveness of arginine in releasing growth hormone is greatly diminished if foods have been consumed that cause other amino acids or significant amounts of insulin to be present in the bloodstream along with the arginine. That is why the arginine should be taken on an empty stomach (i.e., at least one hour before or three hours after a meal). "

Question: It it then necessary to take Glutamine on an empty stomach as well? Do any of you practice this?

~Thanks.

Check it out if you have the time.

Arginine - Growth Hormone, Wound Healing and Cardiovascular Health - Life Extension Manual - Futurescience.com

Human Growth Hormone - HGH - The Life Extension Manual

Last edited:
Glutamine with or without food

I hear some many people say they take L-glutamine on an empty stomach. I honestly, don't think it matters....IMHO.

I take 20 grams daily....5g morning, 5g pre, 5g post and 5g bedtime. :)

I hear some many people say they take L-glutamine on an empty stomach. I honestly, don't think it matters....IMHO.

Glutamine is an essential amino acid in the body and the most abundant in the body. Your body uses glutamine for several functions, especially during any type of stress. Taking a glutamine supplement will not only help you recover, increase GH release, but also strengthen your immune system, reduce infections and help digestion.

When you begin taking glutamine, don’t expect some huge change in your physique. You’re not going to grow over night or get super strong. However, you will find that with the proper dosage, based on your stress levels, that you will recovery faster and have less chance of getting sick. If you get injured, you should also up your daily dosage until you recovery.

A daily dose between 15-30grams where the most benefit will come into place. Take 5grams, 3-6 times per day. You can take it on an empty stomach, which may cause slight cell volumization. Glutamine can also be taken with a meal. This will help with digestion and absorption of the meal.

I've run 10-20g a day for three months, but I'm sorry to say I saw and felt no changes.

I get enough from my protein intakes.

The only time I take it is for immune & intestinal health. I'll throw it in when I get sick.

Other than that, L-Glut is a waste of money imo.

BMJ

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311