over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Humulin R around training strategies

KingOfSushi

Registered
Newbies
What do you guys prefer?

I have seen subq with pre workout meal, subq right before the gym, IM with preworkout meal, IM right before the gym…

What has given you guys the best results?

When I used it it was IM about 10min after pre meal, then train about 20-30min later with Intra

I don’t like IM insulin. It throws in too many variables on the pharmacokinetics of your dose.

Body temperature, which muscle you pin, capillary density, blood flow from movement…..you can rest assured 10iu will behave differently than the last dose and any dose after. Will it be significant? Probably not, but it might be enough to ruin a workout because you feel like garbage. (If your gonna go totally overkill with intra carbs, I guess it doesn’t matter) 100g carbs for a 45 minute workout you can boof 7-10iu of R and be fine.

I’ve pinned R IM many times, so yea you can and it does hit fast, but I’d recommend just pinning it 30-45 minutes prior subq.

And if you need fast, just buy some rapid pens.

What do you guys prefer?

I have seen subq with pre workout meal, subq right before the gym, IM with preworkout meal, IM right before the gym…

What has given you guys the best results?
I take it you’re specifically asking about Humalin R and not insulin protocols.

I only use Humalin R on my baseline workout days pre. 2 units which is for the carnitine and intra drink I use.

Correct, specifically humulin periworkout
I only use it in that particular way and setting because I am trying to mirror the closest to the body that I can to help shuttle the carnitine and intra nutrients. I do 35g carbs to cover it in my peri-drink.

On my high days and for pre meal I use different insulin types as I’m trying to achieve different things.

I take it you’re specifically asking about Humalin R and not insulin protocols.

I only use Humalin R on my baseline workout days pre. 2 units which is for the carnitine and intra drink I use.
Why even take it if only 2 units?

I've been doing different timing also but my workouts are longer so I usually do it post. But sometimes just before. I think I'll try your way @SouthernMuscle. Pre pre meal. I need to get some aminos for intra, I've just been using Gatorade lol and sometimes a shake in my car half way thru the workout.

EditSorry just saw your post @bbxtreme

If I’m understanding correctly, @SouthernMuscle was doing it post pre meal.
Ok. I just had a slower digesting meal so I decided to do post pre meal tonight also. Thanks

So how would we determine what timing method was best? Which parameters are we looking at? Fullness? Not sure what would be most effective

Considering the peak time of 2-3 hours I think post pre makes the most sense. You get the meal shuttled the pre, the intra, and the post and potentially another post

I haven't experiment much. That said right before gym makes sense. I've tried 15 ius with pre meal, an hour before and 15 ius post resistance exercise, twice, and felt low blood sugar and need for carbs big time. Currently not using any slin.

I haven't experiment much. That said right before gym makes sense. I've tried 15 ius with pre meal, an hour before and 15 ius post resistance exercise, twice, and felt low blood sugar and need for carbs big time. Currently not using any slin.
Most I can handle is 5iu. Outside of that I go hypo at various times. And I'm ALWAYS hungry.
So I keep it at 2iu for the inj LCARN shuttling

I have personally found that eating a pre meal at least an hr before training (generally 1.5-2) has my food digested and BG back closer to baseline , I start sipping my intra shake on the way to the gym , pin my Novolin-R (and 1/2 GH) in the truck before I walk in the gym , I shoot it IM because I personally find it’s onset is faster and its more predictable.
By the time I get in the gym , get my shit out of the locker , do shoulder “rehab/warmup” 15 min has past and I’m starting my traing and by my first working set the insulin is working shuttling nutrients as the blood is getting into the muscle. Hr and a half after training I start during my post shake as I’m leaving the gym then an hour after that I’m starting my post meal , 3 hr after than I’m getting ready for bed , all food is digested , insulin is finished and there’s no worries about blood sugar drops while sleeping , right before bed I take my second dose of GH and 500mg metformin.
the insulin , HGH and metformin is acting on shuttling nutrients and elevated IGF-1 levels during the workout and a full 10hr after.
this is what I’ve found works best for me in terms of keeping muscle and gaining a bit back while getting leaner and keeping my insulin sensitivity high and triglycerides/cholesterol low

Why even take it if only 2 units?

I've been doing different timing also but my workouts are longer so I usually do it post. But sometimes just before. I think I'll try your way @SouthernMuscle. Pre pre meal. I need to get some aminos for intra, I've just been using Gatorade lol and sometimes a shake in my car half way thru the workout.

EditSorry just saw your post @bbxtreme
It’s only for the carnitine. 😊

On high days I push up to 40 units using a mix of novolin r and humalog. LOL

No magic is happening at 2 units for sure. 😂

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member