over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

I have committed myself....

I made the choice last week 9/16 to do a show in June 2006. My last show was in 1999 after 7 years of competing. I was always a middle weight and cracked the top five 5 years, 3rd one year, and 1st another...

Now that i have been away from the game 6 years i know i have what it takes to go in and win the whole show...I KNOW I DO!!!!

i still have to construct a program ranging from diet,training and supplements to come in bigger, thicker, harder then ever...I will only show up if i can come in as a heavy weight..right now at 5ft 6in 220-225lbs 9% i feel i can pack on another 12-15 lean muscle and drop 1-2% bodyfat over a 9 month period..then i can come in around 215 lbs 3-4%..

That is the goal and now to insure it i will devise a plan over the next few weeks from input from some very knowledgable people...i welcome an ideas thoughts or feedback from anyone...

I will keep you all posted as things progress and move forward...

Hey BBB I like you and hope to meet you next year when I go to Phil's gym. It may even be at the same time as your contest. So I sure wouldn't want to offend you.

In the past I have done the wrong thing and told 2 guys from my gym about 2 weeks out, that they were all set to do a contest when in reality they looked horrible. Well I shouldn't have done that. It was ebarresing for them and they felt humiliated.

I SHOULD have been honest with them so I REALLY want to be straight with you.

I have seen you post on a couple other boards last year or the one before that you were going to do a show and take first place etc. But never saw you compete.

I encourage you to go at this as a goal to become the VERY best you can do and not put the added pressure on yourself of saying you will win.

If I am remembering correctly this is a local comp that some guy you used to be friends with hosts the show or did well at the show. I know holding a grudge against a competitor CAN motivate you to workout as hard as hell. I used it myself when doing triathlons and it REALLY helped.

BUT a bb comp is different. There are NOT 700 other competitors all at the same time so you get lost in the shuffle. BB is of course just a handfull of guys all onstage at the same time and if you get 2nd I am thinking you may look at the experience as a failure and feel you can't face those guys you feel have done your wrong if you post on the internet a year ahead you are going to win.

I am all for doing what it takes to get yourself motivated so think back to 99 and remember what it was that kept you motivated and do it again.

The other thing is you say you are 9% BF and I see Phil said you were something like 16%. If he was kidding then forget I mentioned it. If he was being serious than maybe you need to be more honest with yourself.

All meant in the best light hope you can see this.

CROWLER

Crowler said:
Hey BBB I like you and hope to meet you next year when I go to Phil's gym. It may even be at the same time as your contest. So I sure wouldn't want to offend you.

In the past I have done the wrong thing and told 2 guys from my gym about 2 weeks out, that they were all set to do a contest when in reality they looked horrible. Well I shouldn't have done that. It was ebarresing for them and they felt humiliated.

I SHOULD have been honest with them so I REALLY want to be straight with you.

I have seen you post on a couple other boards last year or the one before that you were going to do a show and take first place etc. But never saw you compete.

I encourage you to go at this as a goal to become the VERY best you can do and not put the added pressure on yourself of saying you will win.

If I am remembering correctly this is a local comp that some guy you used to be friends with hosts the show or did well at the show. I know holding a grudge against a competitor CAN motivate you to workout as hard as hell. I used it myself when doing triathlons and it REALLY helped.

BUT a bb comp is different. There are NOT 700 other competitors all at the same time so you get lost in the shuffle. BB is of course just a handfull of guys all onstage at the same time and if you get 2nd I am thinking you may look at the experience as a failure and feel you can't face those guys you feel have done your wrong if you post on the internet a year ahead you are going to win.

I am all for doing what it takes to get yourself motivated so think back to 99 and remember what it was that kept you motivated and do it again.

The other thing is you say you are 9% BF and I see Phil said you were something like 16%. If he was kidding then forget I mentioned it. If he was being serious than maybe you need to be more honest with yourself.

All meant in the best light hope you can see this.

CROWLER

Always nice to hear from you Crowler and offense is ever taken...I am doing the show for me and prove something too "ME"... i know if i were to come in at my best that i would win...I feel i have all the right tools and have the right look and base to win...

I have wanted to do shows but never felt it to be the right time...now it is the time to put up or shut up so either i will eat crow next year or i will kick ass...

i hope to meet many of you at soem time that i have gotten to kow over the years and it woudl great to put a face to the ...to the...whatever it is..lol.. the words..lmao!!!

Take care C and keep the good stuff rolling bro

Very cool BBB.

Best of luck and I am looking forward to your progress posts.

CROWLER

bigbaldbulldog said:
and offense is ever taken...

Right, so you always take offense? ;)

bigbaldbulldog said:
I made the choice last week 9/16 to do a show in June 2006. My last show was in 1999 after 7 years of competing. I was always a middle weight and cracked the top five 5 years, 3rd one year, and 1st another...

Now that i have been away from the game 6 years i know i have what it takes to go in and win the whole show...I KNOW I DO!!!!

i still have to construct a program ranging from diet,training and supplements to come in bigger, thicker, harder then ever...I will only show up if i can come in as a heavy weight..right now at 5ft 6in 220-225lbs 9% i feel i can pack on another 12-15 lean muscle and drop 1-2% bodyfat over a 9 month period..then i can come in around 215 lbs 3-4%..

I'm sorry if I misread this, but I thought a few posts back Phil said that he put you at 18% bodyfat currently.

BBB

Hey bro, we're all pullin for you. Let us know your progress as the months go by and what is working or not working for you. It takes courage to compete after years off, but we know you have it!! Best of luck!!

your brother in Christ,

Lucky

OMG...LOL..PHIL

i "never" take offense..except on here

I am not 16% or 18% ..i hope since i do have abs that are very visable...

I am doing this show for me and me only to prove something to myself and knowone else..

And Phil will continue to call me fat, veinless and bald.....gotta luv the guy for that..he is honest

Thanks for the support guys and it is 9 months away but gotta start now to make an impact...

I WAS BEING HONEST

bigbaldbulldog said:
i "never" take offense..except on here

I am not 16% or 18% ..i hope since i do have abs that are very visable...

I am doing this show for me and me only to prove something to myself and knowone else..

And Phil will continue to call me fat, veinless and bald.....gotta luv the guy for that..he is honest

Thanks for the support guys and it is 9 months away but gotta start now to make an impact...

BBB, YOU WERE 217 AT MY GYM, AND YOU LOOK AROUND 18%.

PHIL HERNON said:
BBB, YOU WERE 217 AT MY GYM, AND YOU LOOK AROUND 18%.
WOW.. then my idea of bodyfat % has been off for a while..i always thought when abs were visible you were around 10%..i guess i need a read education on how to read bidyfat%..now i feel stupid for saying i was one thing when i really am another..Thanks for pointing out i was off about 10%..

Gotta see you sooner then later then so we can get the bus rolling

Abs

bigbaldbulldog said:
WOW.. then my idea of bodyfat % has been off for a while..i always thought when abs were visible you were around 10%..i guess i need a read education on how to read bidyfat%..now i feel stupid for saying i was one thing when i really am another..Thanks for pointing out i was off about 10%..

Dont go by that BBB. We both have a lot of back fat.

PHIL HERNON said:
Dont go by that BBB. We both have a lot of back fat.

Do we get pics? :D

bigbaldbulldog said:

So what ...

your still going to kick ass at the show...you just have to make the little changes now that you know that you have alittle more fat on you then you thought.....

honestly tho..id kill to have someone like Phil by my side for contest prep..i know just having his help would make me way more confident during my prep.....

good luck bro

WELL.......

using fat calipers i tested out at 9-11%...they did it 3 times and that was the average...

Now with hydrostatic testing that is a different story and one Phil obviously knows all to well i see...18%..now i feel fat fatter fattest...BLOB!!

I guess i have a bit farther to go but you are right with Phil in my corner i feel better about weather or not i will dial in and i know i will...

I hope to put up some before pics within a few weeks...bu ti do keep saying that and have yet to bring my fat ass to the 1 hour photo..

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws