advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

I never see anyone post about work out routines...

SacToSD

Registered
I was almost about ready to go over to bodybuilding.com! eep! Anyways, I felt like changing up my routine from a 3 day per week to a 4 day per week routine with more emphasis on legs than just squats, dl's, calf raises (seated and standing), and leg curls/extensions. I'd be adding some front squats and romanian dl's, and reverse calf raises. What do you guys think about this?

Week 1 and 2 for examples (then it cycles/repeats)
1 Workout A Workout B Rest Workout C Workout A Rest Rest
2 Workout B Workout C Rest Workout A Workout B Rest Rest.... etc etc

Workout A= Thighs, calves. Workout B= Chest, Back. Workout C= Shoulders, Arms. Each workout has 8-9 main exercises. Done in sets of 4, using 6-10 reps for all. Sometimes I also throw in rest pause sets, super sets, negatives, and stripping (esp. for calves). Goals are to gain muscle and strength. It seems that over time I've found that low volume really doesn't work for me. I've been lifting seriously for 5 years, and doing other kinds of training for 10. What do you guys think? Thanks bros

PS and no, my broke ass can't afford to hire phil.

Shoot

I was almost about ready to go over to bodybuilding.com! eep! Anyways, I felt like changing up my routine from a 3 day per week to a 4 day per week routine with more emphasis on legs than just squats, dl's, calf raises (seated and standing), and leg curls/extensions. I'd be adding some front squats and romanian dl's, and reverse calf raises. What do you guys think about this?

Workout A= Thighs, calves. Workout B= Chest, Back. Workout C= Shoulders, Arms. Each workout has 8-9 main exercises. Done in sets of 4, using 6-10 reps for all. Sometimes I also throw in rest pause sets, super sets, negatives, and stripping (esp. for calves). Goals are to gain muscle and strength. It seems that over time I've found that low volume really doesn't work for me. I've been lifting seriously for 5 years, and doing other kinds of training for 10. What do you guys think? Thanks bros

You dont ned to hire me.......just experiment with various rep ranges.....set ranges.......rest periods........stretching.......rest pause....negatives.......forced negatives...........forced positives..........1/2 reps..............stagered reps......body part gorupings.........frequency of bodyparts.......just do that for 25 years and you will find what works and save youreself a buck or 2. :p

You dont ned to hire me.......just experiment with various rep ranges.....set ranges.......rest periods........stretching.......rest pause....negatives.......forced negatives...........forced positives..........1/2 reps..............stagered reps.............just do that for 25 years and you will find what works and save youreself a buck or 2. :p

Ageed!

Mostly now people are into drugs, drugs, drugs - as though that's the secret.

You dont ned to hire me.......just experiment with various rep ranges.....set ranges.......rest periods........stretching.......rest pause....negatives.......forced negatives...........forced positives..........1/2 reps..............stagered reps......body part gorupings.........frequency of bodyparts.......just do that for 25 years and you will find what works and save youreself a buck or 2. :p

thanks brother phil

It is funny how people will put value on certain things. I am broke too, that is why I don't go out on the weekends, eat out, spend money on booze, drive a fancy vehicle, buying supplements that don't work, etc. By doing all these things I save enough money to hire a trainer, that will save me years of frustration and poor eating habits. I tend to think that money spent on myself is the best investment. Bottom line is you get what you pay for.

As far as workouts go, i am doing DC style training. The only addition that i am making to DC is if i feel up to it, i will throw in an FST-7 type of pump set after my big mass movements.

It really seems to be working and i have absolutely no complaints. i wish i had not been so rigid in my younger years with following a single bodypart per day routine and i really think i would be muc farther along than i am. I have found that i cannot do RP sets each and every time BUT i can go to positive failure and seem to be growing without plateauing for the time being.

This is what i do anyway.

"just do that for 25 years and you will find what works and save youreself a buck..............."

Ho Hummm !
How many way can you pull a fish outta the water by his lips.
The lures that work 50 years ago will work today.
Mike Metzner had it correct with the info in his book High Intensity Training .
if I had to start somewhere that is where I would begin.
The human anatomy hasn’t changed one iota since creation.
The same exercises and eating habits that worked for Atlas and the other legends will still work today.

It isn’t no mystery as to how to do it , the info is out there feely available.
What matters is the persons dedication...vision .
That is the only secret, if there is one.

Send me $250 and I'll send you a book !:D

"Bottom line is you get what you pay for"

That is only true if you know what you are buying .

Last edited:
"just do that for 25 years and you will find what works and save youreself a buck..............."

Ho Hummm !
How many way can you pull a fish outta the water by his lips.
The lures that work 50 years ago will work today.
Mike Metzner had it correct with the info in his book High Intensity Training .
if I had to start somewhere that is where I would begin.
The human anatomy hasn’t changed one iota since creation.
The same exercises and eating habits that worked for Atlas and the other legends will still work today.

It isn’t no mystery as to how to do it , the info is out there feely available.
That is the only secret, if there is one.

Send me $250 and I'll send you a book !:D

"Bottom line is you get what you pay for"

That is only true if you know what you are buying .

Mike had a lot more wrong than right. This is the last place to start.

Knew him, trained at Nautilus in the 80's - most of it not worth the time - I'll spare yuo the many stories about this whole thing as I've posted them elsewhere.

Exactly

Mike had a lot more wrong than right. This is the last place to start.

Knew him, trained at Nautilus in the 80's - most of it not worth the time - I'll spare yuo the many stories about this whole thing as I've posted them elsewhere.

Mike charged people out the ying yang......you should see how he trained people. Atlas? I cant believe someone thinks Atlas compares to a professional bodybuilder of today..............today Atlas would look like a MMA fighter IF that. Training, supplementation, diet has come a long way........do it the right way and you can have a real picture in your avatar..............be stubborn and you have to use a cartoon or someone elses picture.

do it the right way and you can have a real picture in your avatar..............be stubborn and you have to use a cartoon or someone elses picture.[/B]

Shooot! That about wraps it up right there!! Thread closed!

Ok ! I'll stop cause ur the Dad !
May I add that Author Jones (God rest his soul ) was another that I feel had it all together.
He would give any/all this knowledge away to anyone that would ask
I'm sure you must have known him and Ellington Darden , being at Nautilus back them.
Those were the days !

I worked for the phone company in Ocala Florida many years ago and AJ was one of my regular customers .
And I would nag him constantly about exercise and bodybuilding in general.
He would tell me all the stories .
And one thing that he made very clear was to never over complicate bodybuilding.
He perceived ( and rightly so) that I always tried to over complicate just about everything
He was and still is and inspiration to me and I would believe to you as well if you had known him.
Hence! most of my concepts are greatly influenced by the things he suggested for me to do and read.

I ended my dream of being a competitive bodybuilder when I nearly severed my left arm with a circularly saw, cut every nerve to the bone.
I had never missed a session in over seven years before that. I swear I never got sick and nothing could ever interrupt my training
Eat right , did everything right .
Nevertheless destiny prevailed .
I was told by the micro surgeon that I would never have use of my arm again…. Ever !.
After that I went in a downward spiral .
All those years of hard work were wiped out in a matter of seconds.
I couldn’t even look forward to any kind of come back.
All the hell I could do is cry and cry some more.
Then I heard something in my head say “here you go again over complicating things again.

At that point I decided to make all the doctors and therapist liars !
And I did !
Within 6 months after the accident I had about 50% usage and at the end of twelve month it was up to 90%.
Yep ! Made them all liars
The surgeon said that he had no answers as to why I have use of it , because I had cut every nerve bundle down to the bone .
Even the damn surgeon said it was miraculous.

So ! like I said …………………..
“It isn’t no mystery as to how to do it , the info is out there feely available.
That is the only secret, if there is one.”

Sorry for the babbling .

IMO the reason the low volume approach didnt work was because there was a flaw somewhere in maybe the rep ranges, intensity, diet, recovery, exercise grouping. i cant say for sure because i dont know what that program was like but maybe its time to revisit that idea but try to look at it form a new angle. as for your proposed routine i just fell like you would have to eat unbelieveable amounts of food to have even the slightest hopes of recovery in time to re train. now ill give away alittle secrete, what guys like dante and phil did was do 25 years worth of this kind of research for you and the info is out there to help you design an effective training program but without the help of a pro youl still have alot of guess work to do. i would suggest reading up on dc training, you dont have to follow that outline but theres a ton of great info on what actualy happens to a muscle when its trained and maximize the effectiveness of your training. hope that helps...if you have any specific questions feel free to pm me. but i just wont tell you what phil does....lol...youl haveto hire him for yourself when you can to get that info...lol

IMO the reason the low volume approach didnt work was because there was a flaw somewhere in maybe the rep ranges, intensity, diet, recovery, exercise grouping. i cant say for sure because i dont know what that program was like but maybe its time to revisit that idea but try to look at it form a new angle. as for your proposed routine i just fell like you would have to eat unbelieveable amounts of food to have even the slightest hopes of recovery in time to re train. now ill give away alittle secrete, what guys like dante and phil did was do 25 years worth of this kind of research for you and the info is out there to help you design an effective training program but without the help of a pro youl still have alot of guess work to do. i would suggest reading up on dc training, you dont have to follow that outline but theres a ton of great info on what actualy happens to a muscle when its trained and maximize the effectiveness of your training. hope that helps...if you have any specific questions feel free to pm me. but i just wont tell you what phil does....lol...youl haveto hire him for yourself when you can to get that info...lol

phil, phil, phil. Phil! I know you're reading this. Would you accept a barter for training? I can hook you up with about 100 DVD's, various cat toys, and some extra binders (with college ruled filler paper!). Just lemme know asap.
:fo;d-smil

Wow

Ok ! I'll stop cause ur the Dad !
May I add that Author Jones (God rest his soul ) was another that I feel had it all together.
He would give any/all this knowledge away to anyone that would ask
I'm sure you must have known him and Ellington Darden , being at Nautilus back them.
Those were the days !

I worked for the phone company in Ocala Florida many years ago and AJ was one of my regular customers .
And I would nag him constantly about exercise and bodybuilding in general.
He would tell me all the stories .
And one thing that he made very clear was to never over complicate bodybuilding.
He perceived ( and rightly so) that I always tried to over complicate just about everything
He was and still is and inspiration to me and I would believe to you as well if you had known him.
Hence! most of my concepts are greatly influenced by the things he suggested for me to do and read.

I ended my dream of being a competitive bodybuilder when I nearly severed my left arm with a circularly saw, cut every nerve to the bone.
I had never missed a session in over seven years before that. I swear I never got sick and nothing could ever interrupt my training
Eat right , did everything right .
Nevertheless destiny prevailed .
I was told by the micro surgeon that I would never have use of my arm again…. Ever !.
After that I went in a downward spiral .
All those years of hard work were wiped out in a matter of seconds.
I couldn’t even look forward to any kind of come back.
All the hell I could do is cry and cry some more.
Then I heard something in my head say “here you go again over complicating things again.

At that point I decided to make all the doctors and therapist liars !
And I did !
Within 6 months after the accident I had about 50% usage and at the end of twelve month it was up to 90%.
Yep ! Made them all liars
The surgeon said that he had no answers as to why I have use of it , because I had cut every nerve bundle down to the bone .
Even the damn surgeon said it was miraculous.

So ! like I said …………………..
“It isn’t no mystery as to how to do it , the info is out there feely available.
That is the only secret, if there is one.”

Sorry for the babbling .

that story is inspirational

Cat toys

phil, phil, phil. Phil! I know you're reading this. Would you accept a barter for training? I can hook you up with about 100 DVD's, various cat toys, and some extra binders (with college ruled filler paper!). Just lemme know asap.
:fo;d-smil

Yes, I can sell them to Big A....he will do anything for his cats!

Ok ! Phil
You missed my point .
I may have not been clear.
Give me (please) something that is so new and work so extraordinary that it out does anything that ever was ?
Just pass on one thing that you provide that has never been heard of or done before ?
I’m 56 years old , I can’t compare myself now with you.
I may have never ever accomplished what you have.
I’m proud to see a young guy as yourself accomplish what you have .
Nevertheless , I'd like to see what you will look like at 56
You are a little touchy I have noticed thru the years.
Always in attack mode.
That you need to work on more than your bod.

Yeah ! Alas didn’t have drugs !

PS: OK ! I have did as you requested , Man I'm good looking !

Lady Killer !

I'm finished

Last edited:
I promise

Ok ! Phil
You missed my point .
I may have not been clear.
Give me (please) something that is so new and work so extraordinary that it out does anything that ever was ?
Just pass on one thing that you provide that has never been heard of or done before ?
I’m 56 years old , I can’t compare myself now with you.
I may have never ever accomplished what you have.
I’m proud to see a young guy as yourself accomplish what you have .
Nevertheless , I'd like to see what you will look like at 56
You are a little touchy I have noticed thru the years.
Always in attack mode.
That you need to work on more than your bod.

Yeah ! Alas didn’t have drugs !

PS: My pic is on the thread Older Guys and Gear

I will not pass on any info unless you are a client.............I am sure you can understand. Like I said, keep doing what you are doing..............you are not competing anytime soon. As far as being touchy.........maybe honest is touchy to you........but your response to this thread was a little nonsensical for me seeing you do not know it all or at the least tried another way.

I will not pass on any info unless you are a client.............I am sure you can understand. Like I said, keep doing what you are doing..............you are not competing anytime soon. As far as being touchy.........maybe honest is touchy to you........but your response to this thread was a little nonsensical for me seeing you do not know it all or at the least tried another way.
Your absolutely correct !
I haven’t done it all .

I’m sorry it was perceived by you that way, it truly wasn’t my intentions.
It is hard for me to articulate myself via text .
I apologize from the bottom of my heart if I came across that way .
I’ll try to do better next time.

lets get back to the origional posters issue which was a critique on a proposed routine. i think the volume is WAY to high, try this first....keep the routine you proposed and cut the volume in half. i cant give you a magic perfect answer here because 1 im not qualified to train you, and 2 i dont have enough info about you even if i was qualified. if thats the routine you want to do, try it. track your progress for a few months and update us. at that point there will be a basis of comparison so even if you dont see it others will be able to tell you weather or not it is working. if you cant hire Phil then you need to become Phil, which means alot of trial and error. many years of experimentation. be patient im sure you work verry hard at this and are really looking to better your knowlede. doing that on your own will take a long time with many many stumbles along the way but i commend you on your efforts and wish you the best of luck.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonyfits
NapsGear