over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

INSULIN

The study seems to be focused on diabetes so I don't know how closely it applies to bodybuilding. I'm not a scientist so I'm not going to try to understand or elaborate on it. There are plenty of science-minded people who can.

I'm a bodybuilder with years of real-world experience, years of posting physique pictures on this board that show my progress, and multiple posts on insulin use for bodybuilding that the majority of this board has found pretty informative and authoritative. I combine that with listening to more science-minded folks to enlighten my path and I've consistently heard that insulin is key to absorbing nutrients in massive caloric surpluses. I've seen that play out in my own journey as refining my insulin use (along with eating more, progressive overload training, etc.) the last few years has helped me continue to progress through previous all-time high weights.

Science can be a good guide but we can't completely rely on it when it comes to advanced bodybuilding that involves PEDs, extreme training, massive amounts of food, etc.

I think understanding the scientific mechanisms behind insulin's actions is interesting and relevant to us. It's also relevant considering what guys like Patrick Tuor claim. Tuor actually claims insulin doesn't really build any muscle and insulin using pros aren't any bigger than those who do! Milos is on the opposite end, and responds to this line of thought here, Holligsteads claims, obviously coming from Tuor:

Many of these anti-insulin guys still say they use it but at small doses like 5iu. This, Milos says, is useless, you need supraphysiological amounts if you actually want to grow beyond normal.
So the question is, does extra insulin really push more nutrients into the muscle? Tuor says not really, it only does it "faster" or whatever. And that paper claims glucose uptake into muscle is not really reduced when insulin is withdrawn from a diabetic. Insulin does do things to tissues, so that's not the whole story, but is extra insulin really increasing nutrient
uptake by as much as we think?

Yes it is. It doesn't work the way AAS do but it absolutely is a key component of the muscle building process.

Many guys can't produce enough insulin on their own to reach huge levels of size - like 250+lbs. lean - due to the large amount of daily carbs it takes to get there. Without insulin, that food doesn't get absorbed and you don't build muscle. Add insulin and you bust through that plateau and keep growing. Very few guys are putting on really large amounts of muscle without some insulin use.
Yes it is part of the process but itself doesn't build muscle. It's a nutrient pusher. If it was a muscle builder why would you get fat on it if not used properly?

Primo,var,eq and so on are muscle builders

I think understanding the scientific mechanisms behind insulin's actions is interesting and relevant to us. It's also relevant considering what guys like Patrick Tuor claim. Tuor actually claims insulin doesn't really build any muscle and insulin using pros aren't any bigger than those who do! Milos is on the opposite end, and responds to this line of thought here, Holligsteads claims, obviously coming from Tuor:

Many of these anti-insulin guys still say they use it but at small doses like 5iu. This, Milos says, is useless, you need supraphysiological amounts if you actually want to grow beyond normal.
So the question is, does extra insulin really push more nutrients into the muscle? Tuor says not really, it only does it "faster" or whatever. And that paper claims glucose uptake into muscle is not really reduced when insulin is withdrawn from a diabetic. Insulin does do things to tissues, so that's not the whole story, but is extra insulin really increasing nutrient
uptake by as much as we think?
You can push all the insulin you want as far as dose..if you don't feed it .it won't do jack

You can push all the insulin you want as far as dose..if you don't feed it .it won't do jack

Insulin was explained to me by a guy (fellow gear head) that is like building a motor for a race car
Your motor will only use as much fuel as the motor is built to burn which is what limit your horse power (muscle)
But , if you add 20lb of boost from turbo or blower then you can make way way more horse power because you are forcing the motor to use way more fuel/air.
Adding boost (insulin) without adding fuel (nutritients) isn't going to give you shit.

Insulin was explained to me by a guy (fellow gear head) that is like building a motor for a race car
Your motor will only use as much fuel as the motor is built to burn which is what limit your horse power (muscle)
But , if you add 20lb of boost from turbo or blower then you can make way way more horse power because you are forcing the motor to use way more fuel/air.
Adding boost (insulin) without adding fuel (nutritients) isn't going to give you shit.
Dead right on with that comment

Yes this!! I actually have the PI leaflet from the Novolin R 10ml vial box right here in front of me. The Pharmacodynamics section says this:

"NOVOLIN R is a short-acting insulin. When injected subcutaneously, the glucose-lowering effect of NOVOLIN R begins approximately 30 minutes post-dose, is maximal between 1.5 and 3.5 hours post-dose, and terminates approximately 8 hours post-dose."
yea ive used this version and yes its closer to 6 hour clearance then 8 as far as pamplet says. it determines on your body and metabolism on clearance.

Goodluck getting it over the counter. Every time I've asked for it they told me "no" or "go fuck yourself". Granted I refuse to go to walmart so maybe you will have better luck. The one time I got a pharmacist who was cool they told me the price was $255. Noooope. I cant believe they can legally charge that much. Didnt the guy who invented it give the patent away or something? Anyways...

As for use, start low with 3iu. I recommend the milos method. Keep in mind humulin r peaks in 2 to 5 hours so you'll have to figure out the sweet spot of when to train.
Florida I just got novolin r OTC at Big Walmart for like 20$. Same place I get my pins, box of 100 for like 13$

Walmart seems to be the way. I never go there which is why I was never successful. Now I only use log which you need a script for either way.

But if you need novolin, walmart is the play.

Florida I just got novolin r OTC at Big Walmart for like 20$. Same place I get my pins, box of 100 for like 13$

See 3:30 to 5:10

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity