advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

IntenseMuscle.com Rocked the Kalamazoo/Southwest Michigan Bodybuilding Show!

Crimson Ghost

NPC Judge
JUDGES
Since we have a lot of brothers and sisters over here we thought we'd share this weekend over here too.

IM sponspored the show and it was a huge success and the beginning of a new partnership with IM and this contest. Vince Taylor guest posed and brought the house down.

Visit the thread for tons of pics and comments: http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=23123

Here is what Skip had to say about it-

I have pics to get up but I have clients to check in on first so... I will take this opportunity get my thoughts up on everything from this show including Vince Taylor to the promoter, a long time friend of mine, Hans VanderGronden to meeting everyone from Cinnamon Buns to the Naterator to .... well, everyone. lol

First, I gotta say that as high as my expectations were for the weekend, they pailed in comparison to how the weekend actually went. I could not have had any more fun - it would not have been possible. Sissy and I started meeting everyone coming into town with Musclebelly and his wife on Thursday and took them to a restaurant on Lake Macatawa, a bay on Lake Michigan to watch the sunset over an incredible dinner and ....let's just say more drinks than musclebelly admits to when he previously stated he "had some drinks to unwind". lol Yeah, right. I don't drink..... well.... until the following night but that is another thread, entirely. : ) The pics of Sissy and Mrs. Musclebelly dressed up were from that night. Hanging out with those two makes others look and ask "how in THE fuck did those two ugly fuckers get those two women to hang out with them???" *shrug*

Friday night had everyone coming into town and meeting for dinner at the Grill House and then heading out to...... that's right.... the Bresa Del Rio!!! Woo Hoo!!! The girls donned their John Deere shirts, hats and belt buckles and we had more than a couple drinks to..... uh.... unwind. I rarely drink but this was a special occasion and ..... I had me a few. : ) Musclebelly, winnie and creator dancing was too much. The muscles in the back of my head still hurt from laughing so hard. Come Saturday morning let's just say that only a few of us made it to the venue before noonish. That would be Skip, musclebelly and Kidrok ONLY and make no mistake.... we were a hurtin'.

The promotor is a long time friend of mine that mentored me when I was 16. He wouldn't see it as mentoring me as much as he would see it as my bugging the everloving shit out of him with nutrition questions ad naseum. He is the type of guy, thank God, that is incredibly patient and for whatever reason he answered every single one of my questions.... for years. He runs a tight show and it was nothing less than a complete pleasure to work with him and hang out with him after so many years. I am looking forward to working with him every year for this show.

The other sponsors were great people, as well, and were alot of fun to hang out with. Matt from One one One fitness was cool as hell and the guys and the really hot woman from Strength Beyond were great, too.

It was a pleasure meeting Sara (honeybuns from MM) who helped to orchestrate all of the promotional stuff leading up to the show and if it weren't for her posting at MM that this show was looking for more sponsorship, I wouldn't even have known or approached them to get involved with this show. I would comment on how hot she was but her boyfriend was really cool and .... well.... really big and I don't like getting beat up by really big people.

Trop and Nate were there and when they finally rolled in (cough - late - cough) they were stuck down at the end with a table that might as well have been in the next state. Because they were supposed to be next to the IM tables we get them to come down and sell their stuff at the IM tables so that I could hopefully gleen some valuable prep info from the two of them. Neither one would talk. WTF? I tried to give them shirts and free stuff but to no avail. I did manage a picture with them both to show the BB world that we, in fact, don't hate each other. lol We had a good time shooting the shit and laughing about how everyone thinks we are bitter rivals fighting for clients. I did try, several times, unsuccessfully to steal several bottles of Trop's "dry shread" but he kept catching me and making me empty my pockets. *shrug* There's always next year.

I got to meet a few clients and their wives which is always cool. I don't see alot of these guys face to face so when I get a chance to talk with someone, I always get a kick out of it. Of course, Mr and Mrs Banjo were there pimping IM shirts for us and it is always good to see those two. Sissy and I are looking forward to them coming out to Denver in the next couple months.

The IM girls rocked and presented the open bantam and open middleweight trophies looking awesome in their IM sweatsuits and tops. I have pics of these, as well. They also threw out shirts to the audience you would have thought they were throwing out crack vials to crackheads. People were literally falling over each other to catch them. It was hilarious. It should be noted that the crowd at this show as like no other. Southwest Michigan, as cliche as it sounds, has always had the best crowds. They are always loud - even at prejudging and it was packed in this place. VERY supportive and energetic crowd that was into damned near every single routine and they were crazy loud for Vince Taylor, as well.

Something needs to be said about the MC and I spoke to this guy at the after dinner banquet to let him know that I was impressed with how he ran things. You guys know the usually MC - lame, not funny, dork, etc.. This guy was not only very well spoken and constantly plugged the sponsors incredibly well the entire night but his personality really added to the show and even though he was funny, he wasn't at all irritating. He was a integral part of the success of this show.

I am not going to bitch about placings or anything like that because of anyone understand the subjectivity of this sport and how hard it is to judge a show, it is me. I WILL say that I had a heavyweight in the show that somehow ended up in 2nd place and to say that I was shocked would be an understatement. I know he was, as well. However, I can't take anything away from the other guy because he did not judge himself and he did everything he could to win that class and did. I just have to say to Big Diesel and blondie that it was difficult to watch after meeting you two only a week prior. You two are good people (and your son) and I hope that when we get back to Michigan that we get to see you guys again without dieting and not sleeping. Your plan to put on more size and go to the Michigan is a good one. With 4, 2nd place finishes at this show, sometimes you just gotta move on.

I have decided not to comment on Vince and his guest posing in this thread. Instead, I will start another thread about this so that it is seen right away based on the title. Plus, as usual, I have gotten long winded. : )

I can only hope that this show builds every year and that we have at least as much fun next year as we did this year.

Skip

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity