over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Interesting in regards to protein.

Lets get John Meadows in here!

Personally I did well on no more than 1g/lb bodyweight. The RDA for me according to that calculator in the article was just 60 grams per day of protein, yikes!

As an endurance athlete versus strictly bodybuilding I knew that I needed a good recovery shake after a long or hard session, but according to this endurance athletes need more protein than a body builder. This was news to me. I think the sports cross over somewhat, and I would imagine that how much food you eat would depend on your goals. Also depending on what PED's you are on I'm sure that would play into it also. Good article though. Has me thinking.

Personally I did well on no more than 1g/lb bodyweight. The RDA for me according to that calculator in the article was just 60 grams per day of protein, yikes!

Yeah, I think a lot of bodybuilders take in too much protein. I could usually take in as low as 200 grams protein at a lean bodyweight of around 8% BF and 235 lbs and still grow.

Interesting read. Clearly endurance athletes perform in extremely catabolic conditions. Whereas we refrain from any activities that might have the slightest catabolic effect

Interesting. Does anyone have an example of a 3000 calorie Vegetarian diet?
I'm just wondering how pounds of veggies per day it would take to get all the cals and protein needed for BBing.

It says my protein req. is MAX 135 grams. Honestly, I wish it were true. I'm so fucking tired of chicken, pork and beef...

Bodybuilding was always protein,protein,protein. Endurance athletes were always carbs,carbs,carbs. Its nice to finally see both sides with open minds about the importance of both.

Very interesting. I'm starting cruising from next week and lower my protein to no more than 150g/day (will have only 3-4 eggs for brekfast, 7oz chicken for luch and 7oz red meat or salmon fo dinner - that's it for protein sources with bcaa 5gx3-4 times/day) to give body a break from high protein, up my fats and see how good or bad I will be maintaining muscles. I don't believe I will loose a lot of muscle because of lower protein, maybe because of lower dosage but not from lower protein if the calories will be where needs to be.
George Farah eat only 100g protein a day in the offseason and he looks pretty good just on hrt dosages.
EDIT:
probably most of you heard the stories about npc competitor MAX Charles, the guys eats no protein in the offseason (ate least ete in the past no protein) eats one rice/beans meal in the morning and then sips galons and galons of sugars during the day, hits 300 pounds in the offseason. AGAIN before all the stupids comments - I'm not saying this is healthy or this is how it has to be done, or someone will get as big as him when doing this etc this just shows that super mega high protein diets are not the main key to muscle growth. Training/stimulating the muscle, hormones and calorie surpluss - is.

Last edited:
hopefully dante can chime in

I don't believe it though. There's a difference between an untrained 140lber 'growing' and a 280lb vet 'growing as much as possible'

How much protein?

Depend on how long and how intense is your training, is not the protein inake that controls muscle growth, but rather the demand for growth caused by the trauma of intense exercise. No one ever grew an once of muscle from simply gulping protein. Muscle grow from pushing poundage period. So the trick is to match your individual protein to your program.

Life without steak and chicken isn't worth living.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I weigh 230 and eat between 175-200 a days... No problems here

Depend on how long and how intense is your training, is not the protein inake that controls muscle growth, but rather the demand for growth caused by the trauma of intense exercise. No one ever grew an once of muscle from simply gulping protein. Muscle grow from pushing poundage period. So the trick is to match your individual protein to your program.

EXACTLY! Well said!

Thank you

Voice of reason. It's nice to have a guy chime in that is an IFBB pro as most are run off of these sites from the lunacy of the ignorant posters. The wanna be pros who aren't even good amateurs dominate the bullshit on these topics.

Very interesting. I'm starting cruising from next week and lower my protein to no more than 150g/day (will have only 3-4 eggs for brekfast, 7oz chicken for luch and 7oz red meat or salmon fo dinner - that's it for protein sources with bcaa 5gx3-4 times/day) to give body a break from high protein, up my fats and see how good or bad I will be maintaining muscles. I don't believe I will loose a lot of muscle because of lower protein, maybe because of lower dosage but not from lower protein if the calories will be where needs to be.
George Farah eat only 100g protein a day in the offseason and he looks pretty good just on hrt dosages.
EDIT:
probably most of you heard the stories about npc competitor MAX Charles, the guys eats no protein in the offseason (ate least ete in the past no protein) eats one rice/beans meal in the morning and then sips galons and galons of sugars during the day, hits 300 pounds in the offseason. AGAIN before all the stupids comments - I'm not saying this is healthy or this is how it has to be done, or someone will get as big as him when doing this etc this just shows that super mega high protein diets are not the main key to muscle growth. Training/stimulating the muscle, hormones and calorie surpluss - is.

LOL you kill me man .. just like jim cramer telling everybody which stocks to buy and which to sell...(IN OTHER WORDS THEY TELL YOU THE OPPOSITE or SOMETHING THAT COULD BENEFIT THEM,, FOR CHARLES SAYING THIS WOULD BRING HIM MORE PRESS BECAUSE (WHAT BODYBUILDER EATS NO PROTEIN)

WAKE UP

LOL you kill me man .. just like jim cramer telling everybody which stocks to buy and which to sell...(IN OTHER WORDS THEY TELL YOU THE OPPOSITE or SOMETHING THAT COULD BENEFIT THEM,, FOR CHARLES SAYING THIS WOULD BRING HIM MORE PRESS BECAUSE (WHAT BODYBUILDER EATS NO PROTEIN)

WAKE UP

Everyone wants to believe what's better for them
I believe you need certain amount of protein and not that much or as high as 2glb BS...above that certain amount of protein any extra protein does not build extra muscle, you can only gain certain amount of muscle and certrain amount of protein is needed for that, you can believe you can gain more muscle than that if you'll up protein only if it makes you feel better, but it's not

how much muscle can you add a year? 2 , 3, 4-5 or 10 pounds? how much?
you know how much of that extra muscle tissue is water right?
you know that muscle is getting bigger mainly due to getting muscle fibers bigger in size but not more amount of musce fibers
do you still believe you need to eat 250+ pounds protein a year (which is 300g+ day) to add 2-3 pounds real muscle?

A small study performed on young and elderly found that ingestion of 340 grams of lean beef (90 g protein) did not increase muscle protein synthesis any more than ingestion of 113 grams of lean beef (30 g protein). In both groups, muscle protein synthesis increased by 50%. The study concluded that more than 30 g protein in a single meal did not further enhance the stimulation of muscle protein synthesis in young and elderly.[9] However, this study didn't check protein synthesis in relation to training; therefore conclusions from this research are controversial.

It is not uncommon for bodybuilders to advise a protein intake as high as 2–4 g per kilogram of bodyweight per day.[10][11] However, scientific literature such as 'Evaluation of protein requirements for trained strength athletes (November 1992)' has suggested this is higher than necessary, as protein intakes greater than 1.8 g per kilogram of body weight showed to have no greater effect on muscle hypertrophy.[12] A study carried out by American College of Sports Medicine (2002) put the recommended daily protein intake for athletes at 1.2–1.8 g per kilogram of body weight.[13][14][12] Conversely, Di Pasquale (2008), citing recent studies, recommends a minimum protein intake of 2.2 g/kg "for anyone involved in competitive or intense recreational sports who wants to maximize lean body mass but does not wish to gain weight. However athletes involved in strength events (..) may need even more to maximize body composition and athletic performance. In those attempting to minimize body fat and thus maximize body composition, for example in sports with weight classes and in bodybuilding, it’s possible that protein may well make up over 50% of their daily caloric intake."[15]

add to this tren, test, hgh etc - which makes the body work more efficient IE getting more out of less and you don't even need that's recomended above
again believe what you wan't to believe
I would want to believe that extra more protein and not the aas and what my father and mother gave me would make me bigger, but I don't, just like I don't believe santas and witches anymore :(

I do honestly believe though that whole eggs are superior protein. I dont know how much more but Id say 30 gram of chicken protein is not the same as 30gram whole eggs protein.

Everyone wants to believe what's better for them
I believe you need certain amount of protein and not that much or as high as 2glb BS...above that certain amount of protein any extra protein does not build extra muscle, you can only gain certain amount of muscle and certrain amount of protein is needed for that, you can believe you can gain more muscle than that if you'll up protein only if it makes you feel better, but it's not

how much muscle can you add a year? 2 , 3, 4-5 or 10 pounds? how much?
you know how much of that extra muscle tissue is water right?
you know that muscle is getting bigger mainly due to getting muscle fibers bigger in size but not more amount of musce fibers
do you still believe you need to eat 250+ pounds protein a year (which is 300g+ day) to add 2-3 pounds real muscle?

add to this tren, test, hgh etc - which makes the body work more efficient IE getting more out of less and you don't even need that's recomended above
again believe what you wan't to believe
I would want to believe that extra more protein and not the aas and what my father and mother gave me would make me bigger, but I don't, just like I don't believe santas and witches anymore :(

Who cares about a study you just clearly quoted a statement about max charles diet as its true and it might not be the healthiest but hes 300lbs off season

Get a clue.

Why dont you do a poll on everybody here whos in the 240s lean how much protein they ate to get there thats real world studies guaranteed they were all eating 2X plus body weight (because when in need of a surplus best thing to add would be ? (you guessed it)

According to the text. All things being even - a protein is a protein.

Protein quality is not a problem

Some critics have pointed to various measures of protein quality, such as PDCAAS, which say that plant protein is inferior. Such critics are missing the obvious: The quality measures are mostly based on the amounts of amino acids in foods, and I've already explained in detail, with a nice chart, using numbers from official sources, that vegetables absolutely contain as much or more than you need of each individual amino acid. That is, plant foods provide more than enough protein even after you account for any differences in digestion or protein quality. Your body doesn't care whether the protein quality of what you're eating is "very high" vs. simply "high". It's concerned only that you eat enough. As long as your body is getting as much protein as it actually needs, it doesn't matter what form the protein comes in.

Critics are confusing more with better. Yes, animal foods have more protein, but that's not a benefit. There's absolutely no advantage to eating way more protein than your body can use. If you need 2500 calories a day, would you be healthier with 3000 calories a day? No. In fact, eating that much more than you need would be detrimental to your health. The same is true of eating too much protein. Excess protein intake has been linked to bone loss, osteoporisis, kidney damage, kidney stones, immune dysfunction, arthritis, cancer promotion, low-energy, and overall poor health.13.3 The science on this is very clear.

I do honestly believe though that whole eggs are superior protein. I dont know how much more but Id say 30 gram of chicken protein is not the same as 30gram whole eggs protein.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws