over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Interesting observation - HR during carb cycling

M@NU

Registered
HEy guys,
just thought i would ask this here since you guys are pretty knowledged about heart issues etc.
I have been going to the cardiologist since feb 2016 every 3-6 months.
After my last visit, it suddenly hit me that ive always been to the cardiologist in cutting phases and always after at least 3 days of low carb (<60g a day)
In the last few weeks i have observed something interesting:
day 1 and day 2 after my carb load (i diet 4 days low 1 day high carb, around 750-800g for that day, other macros reduced) i can get my heart rate pretty easy to 120-130 with medium intensity cardio.
On day 3 and day 4, it gets harder and harder. ON day 4 and the workout before refeeding on day 5, i can barely bring my heart rate over 100 via cardio with the same intensity i use on day 1 and day 2.
So now my question:
Will this "issue" (being depleted and underfed) result in more dramatic negative outcomes for ejection fraction than it really is? Because obviously, the heart is a muscle that also relies on glucose in some ways (as seen above i guess?).
thanks guys!!

Will this "issue" (being depleted and underfed) result in more dramatic negative outcomes for ejection fraction than it really is? Because obviously, the heart is a muscle that also relies on glucose in some ways (as seen above i guess?).

Why would you consider low HR something bad? The lower the better, and the more it stays this way the higher chances to expand your lifespan are!

One of the many reasons why a low carb approach is probably the healthiest way someone can eat. :)

Why would you consider low HR something bad? The lower the better, and the more it stays this way the higher chances to expand your lifespan are!

One of the many reasons why a low carb approach is probably the healthiest way someone can eat. :)

Hey Phidias,
no, dont get me wrong. I dont think a low hr is bad.
but couldnt it be that the heart is not getting enough "engery material" (glucose) to function with 100% efficiency?

Hey Phidias,
no, dont get me wrong. I dont think a low hr is bad.
but couldnt it be that the heart is not getting enough "engery material" (glucose) to function with 100% efficiency?

Well, I understand you're thinking - and rightly so -of the heart as a muscle, but so many mechanisms are involved in its proper functioning that you just can't resume it to a matter of glycogen storing and circulating blood glucose.

Even in keto mode and fully depleted state, your body has its life saving pathways that preserve your heart from being affected by dieting... with the brain, it's the last organ that's ever gonna be touched in case of famine... your liver will get glycogen depleted rather quick, your heart won't... if ever. A wonderful self-regulating machine. :)

As a matter of fact, take some stimulants the days you're on low carbs, even something as simple as a double espresso and you'll see how quick your HR can increase... so a glucose impact yes, but definitely minimal.

Well, I understand you're thinking - and rightly so -of the heart as a muscle, but so many mechanisms are involved in its proper functioning that you just can't resume it to a matter of glycogen storing and circulating blood glucose.

Even in keto mode and fully depleted state, your body has its life saving pathways that preserve your heart from being affected by dieting... with the brain, it's the last organ that's ever gonna be touched in case of famine... your liver will get glycogen depleted rather quick, your heart won't... if ever. A wonderful self-regulating machine. :)

As a matter of fact, take some stimulants the days you're on low carbs, even something as simple as a double espresso and you'll see how quick your HR can increase... so a glucose impact yes, but definitely minimal.

im not sure the effects are minimal.
it is really easy for me to judge and the reaction of my heart rate to the same intensity cardio is so much different..
i know organs have there reserve but i have to say that i rly give everything to deplete as much as possible during those days..
well, lets see what others have to say but thanks for your opinion mate :)

Todays AM cardio same observation - day 3 of low carb (<60) and HR went barely over 100 with LISS-MISS cardio whereas it went to around 125 the first day after refeed and to 115-120 the second day

I had quite the interesting experience on a true ketogenic diet a year ago.

I was deep into ketosis -- blood testing in the 2-2.8 mmol/L chronically.

However -- being a person who trains anaerobically , doing glycolytic demanding workouts, my body fought me.

Pre keto, HR was 55-65 BPM.

Deep into keto , HR was 81 BPM

When I would cheat or carb load - heart would go crazy and rate control would get wonky... body would freak out and get heart palpitations at times.

Needless to say -- defense mechanisms were kicking in or a fight or flight response as the training did NOT match the nutrition.

As for you -- i highly recommend 600 g ubiquinol and 20g d-ribose

-FF

Exactly! High carbs/ more food, is stressful on the heart, the pancreas, etc. They have to work harder.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131