advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Is a gram a week of AAS low or high dose??

cryptasm

Verified Customer
Registered
Verified Customer
There are so many opinions on here as far as doses go..what would you consider a low dose and waht would you consider a high dose?? In total mgs per week??
Could someone say 6'2 get to 290 lean (8%bf)and hard on 600mgs pw?? 1000mgs pw
taking diet into consideration obviously..but forget about that for now.assume on a very good diet and eating the right things and enuff cals..
In a nutshell what I ask is what would a typical person like that have to take in mgs pw to attain and keep that structure??

I think it can be done on the lower dose. You really gotta focus on diet, training and recovery. Alot of people just take more AAS because they don't have the rest of the program dialed in. Other people just don't respond well to gear(I think this is a rare situation). Patience is a big part of it also. You gotta be in it for the long run.

PB

sure. some people respon very well to AS, some respond very well to just lifting period. im sure there are some huge guys' people assume are taking high dosages of shit when they really just have great genetics. if this makes no sense, just disreard, i just rolled outta bed about 3 minutes ago.. haha

i say a gram total of compounds that are more androgenic is a great
a gram of anabolics like deca, is kind of on the low side

Ok , well heres why I ask..I am 6'2 and wanna be 280 right now 245.. I always considered 1000mg a week high dose, but according to alot of posts it doesnt seem that high..I dont and wont ever compeete just wanna be the bigggest badest old man around:D , since I'm 42 and not gettin any younger would the extra gear increase results at the cost of sides or is it still within aceptable doasage? Its seems like fronm alot of posts on here that 1000mgs is pretty close to average dose..

A lot of it has to do with your current cycle history IMO. If you have done 500mg with good results then there is really no reason to do a gram/wk. It is too broad a question for a specific answer. My last go was 500mg with minimal results, I will go with 750next time.

BD

Smarter training
Smarter dieting
Smarter resting habits
Smarter supplment use

Less AAS use and you'll be better off for it...

A good "low dose" cycle that gave steady gains was 500 test, 300 deca, 300 eq

Jarconis said:
A good "low dose" cycle that gave steady gains was 500 test, 300 deca, 300 eq

Ok, great example thx jarconis, now would that be considered low , moderate or high dose .. I think we can rule out high..correct..So thats 1100mgs pw..is that an average dosage??
Here is what i'm getting at..I keep hearing diet is most imporant... but if your diet is good are you gonna be bigger and look better on 600mgs pw or 1200mg pw dose???
Understand what I'm getting at??
Come on guys!!! Awnser the question..Can you get as big on 600mg per week as you would on 1200mgs pw if diet were the same?? Where is the line between low, moderate and high dose????

Come on !!

200 people looked at this , how baout some opinons!!!!
Big A, Mikes, Vander, Phil????? Ironman??? how bout some opinions on minimum amount for optimal results

Ill tell you from my experiance, which is very very small, 1000mg/wk of aas is a moderate dose, 600mg test, 400mg of eq or 400mg of deca etc. It all depends on how you react to aas. I know some people who run 500-800mg/wk of aas and get good gains and I know people who run up to 2000+ mg/wk of aas and get gains. Personally I would start low and see how that goes. Typically the higher the dose the more side effects. I am curious on what some of the mods think about this question??

Through my experience you will obviously get better gains from a higher dosage, but along with it will come more sides. The key is to alter your diet as needed as you gain more musclemass on and after your cycle to optimize gains. So yes, you will more than likely grow more on a 2000mg/wk cycle than a 500mg/wk. It also depends on how many previous cycles, time off, and ofcourse genetics.

BD

IBdMfkr said:
Through my experience you will obviously get better gains from a higher dosage, but along with it will come more sides. The key is to alter your diet as needed as you gain more musclemass on and after your cycle to optimize gains. So yes, you will more than likely grow more on a 2000mg/wk cycle than a 500mg/wk. It also depends on how many previous cycles, time off, and ofcourse genetics.

BD

I think you hit the nail on the head . cryptasm if you are never going to step on a stage why do you want to be 290 lean? if you are 240 now what makes you even think with gear you will hit 290? you know how good your diet would have to be to keep that kind of mass even if you could get it . at the very least 700g p / day thats a lot of meals not incl cals and carbs you would need to eat every couple hours . why do all that and never compete? you would put yourself through all this just to look better for chicks or impress low self esteam buds ? just asking and wish you the best as I too would like to be 290 but know that could never happen .

preist943 said:
I think you hit the nail on the head . cryptasm if you are never going to step on a stage why do you want to be 290 lean? if you are 240 now what makes you even think with gear you will hit 290? you know how good your diet would have to be to keep that kind of mass even if you could get it . at the very least 700g p / day thats a lot of meals not incl cals and carbs you would need to eat every couple hours . why do all that and never compete? you would put yourself through all this just to look better for chicks or impress low self esteam buds ? just asking and wish you the best as I too would like to be 290 but know that could never happen .

Hey Preist, I agree, I really dont mean 280 or 290 I was just using those number as an example... my bad...I guess what I mean is more like 260 lean not shreded..I have long arms and legs so at 245 I still don't look big because of the lenght of my muscle's and limbs..I know eating that much is a pain in the Ass belive me I am trying...And as far as why goes..Cause Big is better!!! As far as the babes go ..yeah that would be nice, but I'd have to check w my wife to see if it were ok for me to fuck around:D
This question wasn't just about me though it was in general to see what dosages people take to get that big... Thx for the input

cryptasm said:
Hey Preist, I agree, I really dont mean 280 or 290 I was just using those number as an example... my bad...I guess what I mean is more like 260 lean not shreded..I have long arms and legs so at 245 I still don't look big because of the lenght of my muscle's and limbs..I know eating that much is a pain in the Ass belive me I am trying...And as far as why goes..Cause Big is better!!! As far as the babes go ..yeah that would be nice, but I'd have to check w my wife to see if it were ok for me to fuck around:D
This question wasn't just about me though it was in general to see what dosages people take to get that big... Thx for the input

I got ya man . I was hopeing you wernt thinking loading up on gear would make you ronnie . I think the eating part is harder than training ,gear anything else . how these big guys eat the way they do I will never know . hell I eat till im so stuffed i cant move and kill for every pound . I myself never plan to step on a stage and do this just for me . I dont see the reason to go over a 1g if all that your trying to do is just put on muscle for yourself .

most people imo never need more than 1g if diet /training is in order that should be all thats needed

usually the guys Ill help out here in my area
Ill tell them They dont need anymore then that..After that it comes down to getting that protein in EVERY day and just being consistant with everything.
Im no expert but thats my opinion.

my friends' last cycle was:

400mg Test with a mixture of 200mg Deca/200mg EQ per week.... 800mg total for the week.

he was told by an experienced trainer that it "was not that much."

he was on a diet at the time and went from 230 skinny fat to 218 cut up enough for the beach. (was stronger after he dropped the 12 lbs than before)

i dunno if thats the kinda thing you're looking for. i just didnt feel that info was gonna help out at all since he's not a mass monster. but he's smaller BBer and thats what he took.

Last edited:
Try a gram of test a week

Track your progress from day 1 noting any gains size and strength wise while keeping notes on your blood pressure and overall well being. This way you have something to reference when you do your next cycle @ perhaps your normal dosage or if you decide to bump it up. I have run test as high as 1800 mgs and cant say I noticed much difference from 1200 mgs. i do notice a differnece from 800 to 1200 though. Like I feel stressed out most of the time, very wound up and edgy. But @ 1000mgs a wk its all good. I like rotating from one fast acting compund to another every few weeks while maintaining a dosage of test between 250mgs wk to 1200. One thing is for sure, most of my best gains have been made when my diet is right on and I have low stress. Attitude has a lot to do with everything, so develop a good attitude and the experience is all the better. Hope that helps some.

cryptasm said:
There are so many opinions on here as far as doses go..what would you consider a low dose and waht would you consider a high dose?? In total mgs per week??
Could someone say 6'2 get to 290 lean (8%bf)and hard on 600mgs pw?? 1000mgs pw
taking diet into consideration obviously..but forget about that for now.assume on a very good diet and eating the right things and enuff cals..
In a nutshell what I ask is what would a typical person like that have to take in mgs pw to attain and keep that structure??

At 290lbs. , low is 300mgs/wk, high is 1500mgs/wk. I good amount would be 600-800mgs/week.

AG
www.ag-guys.com

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdx236
NapsGear