over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Is there any truth to Dave Palumbo's Cardio fact

This study shows two 15 minute sessions being superior over one 30 minute session. I know eventually I'll find the 3 10 minute bout study...but nonetheless

Effects of split exercise sessions on excess postexercise oxygen consumption and resting metabolic rate.

AuthorsAlmuzaini KS, et al. Show all Journal
Can J Appl Physiol. 1998 Oct;23(5):433-43.

Affiliation
Department of Health, Sport and Exercise Sciences, University of Kansas, 101 Robinson Center, Lawrence, KS 66045, USA.

Abstract
This study involved examining how splitting a 30-min exercise bout on a cycle ergometer into two equal sessions affects excess postexercise oxygen consumption (EPOC) and resting metabolic rate (RMR). In this study, 10 male volunteers (age = 23+/-3.8) participated in two exercise trials, which were randomly assigned in a counterbalanced design and separated by 40 hr. One trial was 30 min of exercise at 70% VO(2)max (CONT), followed by a 40-min measurement of EPOC. The second trial was divided into two 15-min sessions (SPLIT), separated by 6 hr. A 20-min measurement of EPOC followed each SPLIT session.Results indicated that the combined magnitude of EPOCs from SPLIT (7,410+/-1,851 ml) was significantly greater than that from CONT (5,278+/-1305 ml). Data indicate that dividing a 30-min exercise session in to two parts for these individuals signifigantly increases magnitude of EPOC but does not affect RMR.

This study shows two 15 minute sessions being superior over one 30 minute session. I know eventually I'll find the 3 10 minute bout study...but nonetheless

Effects of split exercise sessions on excess postexercise oxygen consumption and resting metabolic rate.

AuthorsAlmuzaini KS, et al. Show all Journal
Can J Appl Physiol. 1998 Oct;23(5):433-43.

i saw another study recently that also showed 3x10 min sessions burned more calories and was just as healthy for your heart.

If you do UNDER 20 minutes of cardio --- this is where HIIT cardio shines.

Because you are NOT burning fat at the moment -- rather it is the aftermath effect of EPOC that is burning overall calories.

But for lower intensity -- anything under 30 is a disservice.

-FF

If you have to do cardio, then yes totally agree with you...something magical about that 30-40mins of fat burning state ;)

Lots of bro science here....hopefully people reread discoherent's post...

Dave palumbo has been shown to be wrong on a lot of things...I remeber reading a study where 3 10 minute sessions actually burned more fat than one 30 minute session. I'll see if I can dig it up.

Yes, but sometimes the wrong way is the right way...most science can be broken because the human body is such an individual responder from person to person!

Doesn't it matter what you eat before? Or if you have lifted before?

Also, what about the middle of the road cardio-- as in not HIIT, not low intensity walk-- but a relatively moderate paced jog. Like let's say a 10 minute mile jog.

The most cut i have ever been in my entire life was on Palumbo's diet. The best part was that after being on it my sugar cravings didnt bother me much.

I've always gotten pretty cut with 20-30 min cardio post workout, run on treadmill about 5-6 mph. This is all done with low to zero carb intake though, I think that is the true secret, it's got nothing to do with when your body gets in the "fat-burning zone" or whatever, if my carbs are zero or damn near zero the fat comes peeling off no matter how long or how intense cardio I do.

I always do 3 x 20 mins cardio and it seems to work for me, but I do weights first and go heavy with short rest and then jump on cardio I get 130-140 beat a minute.

Last edited:
I also like doing short but intense as hell cardio sessions, weather it be sprinting / hauling ass on a treadmill or around the block at about 90% heart rate/ or just something like a sport that I really enjoy punching the boxing bag / bad minton ( this can be intense and fun as hell!) / to even a little pickup game of flag/ 2 hand touch football, sometimes I just like doing a long ass cardio session like an hour or more while watching a show/movie that really catches my attention and before you know it you look at the time and bam you find out youv been on the exercise machine for a good amount of time.

i do 2 hours i a row 6 days a week i dont feel for you ;) hehe my pulse is up after 5min like 130

This is a GIANT waste of time.( not trying to insult you )
for example if you burn 100 units of fat in the first hour ..in the second hour you in all likely hood will be burning 50 or less units of fat
go for 3 hours you might be down to 10 units of fat .
try some hit type cardio that one of the poster mentioned,,way wasy way more efficient.
make sure to do it AFTER you lift weights..burn up the glycogen first ...and kick right into fat mode .,

Man some of you guys amaze me by putting all this thought into cardio.

Most of you guys are souped up on T3, HGH and clen and are still worried about targeting fat loss specifically.

Create a caloric deficit with adequate protein intake and don't worry about it.

Most of you guys are souped up on T3, HGH and clen and are still worried about targeting fat loss specifically.

Yes. I try and do a little cardio for health but to lose fat its so much easier to diet. Prepping for a show may be a different matter but your be doing so much it will work regardless

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I would like to see John Meadow's opinion. I have seen several people talk about cardio after lifting and I remember reading a Q & A where he said the best time for cardio was first thing in the morning, then last thing before bed, and third was after working out. I just can't remember his reason for not liking cardio after weight training??

any cardio for me is 12-20 min of HIIT, any kind of cardio, bike, running, elipitical. Its the only way for me

ha ha .... ^^^ i like this guy! :yeahthat:

ha ha .... ^^^ i like this guy! :yeahthat:

I was reading all this and gave up after page 2. It made my head hurt. I will just eat a little more protein, a little,less carbs and take an iu or two more of gh:)

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

If you do UNDER 20 minutes of cardio --- this is where HIIT cardio shines.

Because you are NOT burning fat at the moment -- rather it is the aftermath effect of EPOC that is burning overall calories.

But for lower intensity -- anything under 30 is a disservice.

-FF

Been my understanding as well.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

both work but have to be in the right hormonal state like mentioned previously. Ive had success with all types of cardio hence they all work but only if the other nutritional variable are in place. Also important to place BCAA's around some of the cardio sessions even though they may slow the fat burning process down due to insulin secretion but Ive actually utilized this method and ended up weighing the same at the end of my prep then what I started but contest condition.

Data indicate that dividing a 30-min exercise session in to two parts for these individuals

signifigantly increases magnitude of EPOC

but

does not affect RMR.

wouldnt your EPOC be a factor in your RMR?

maybe im confused... this sounds like in total they are equal?

ie the deficit created by the multi-session EPOC was offset by the increase in RMR from the single 30 minute session

lmao some of u guys swear cardio is what it takes.if you would keep ur diet in check ALL THE TIME not just 3 days out of the week or try it for a week and give up on. its CONSITANT diet day in day out then u see cardio is not needed unless you getting ready to compete then that all diferent ball game

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
808Labs
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131