over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

IS THIS GYM FOR REAL OR WHAT ???!!!

worldspan

NPC Judge
JUDGES
Registered
In 2004 in Naples, Florida a new gym joined the three other major facilities in town, it was a World Gym and surely was state of the art, although I knew
it would never cater to the hard core boys with dumbells e.g. max 85 pounds.

In 2005, apparently not doing all that well, the current ownership sold and the place was taken over by owners who renamed it 'JUDGMENT FREE ZONE'. Strange name for a gym surely and things started to change. E.g. a buddy of mine who had moved over there was given hell by the owners for grunting and groaning while doing squats.

Well here is the latest. A big banner has been put up along the wall inside which says "What is a lunx"? "A lunx is a person who drops weights, grunts,
and judges"

To add insult to injury, a siren has been installed at the front desk which
if someone starts grunting and groaning, the siren is set off by the front
desk person on duty!

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS ??!! Place has obviously been taken over by flower
children for sure!

Worldspan

I think is a good idea but i would add a gun to shoot the stupids guys moving 40 pounds like they are moving the hole gym, throwing the plates and leaving the weights all over the gym, in the floor, in the machines, even if i am in front of them.

I am going to make me a t shirt with "Iron People South Beach law and order man" and i am going to stand in the middle of the gym educating the members like littles childrens.

|--[\\\]>--------- Strange, but my gym is the same way. It's a golds but the VP and the DM both are anti-body building, even though they are in charge of the Vegas clubs where all the pros workout, but anyways, when they are at my club they are always trying to police the grunters...now i dont grunt, and many of my friends dont grunt, but they dont even want chalk on the floor...well i lift with chalk and since its my club, i let it go, but they are always wanting me to go out on the floor and tell ppl to not make any noise...its a waste of time.

seriously i would say FUCK YOU 2 anyone that told me to be quiet at the gym im serious one big FUCK YOU

Out here in MA where I live some guys decided to start a new gym along the same lines as the Curves gyms for women. The local paper ran a story about it and the gym owner was quoted as saying "You can go and not have to worry about some knucklehead doing 90lb dumbell curls next to you." When I read this article it made me want to throw up... so then a couple months later I saw another article in a different local paper w/ a pic from the "gym" and it was all out of shape old men thinking they were special for being there. Very distressing.... :confused:

bigheinz said:
I think is a good idea but i would add a gun to shoot the stupids guys moving 40 pounds like they are moving the hole gym, throwing the plates and leaving the weights all over the gym, in the floor, in the machines, even if i am in front of them.

I am going to make me a t shirt with "Iron People South Beach law and order man" and i am going to stand in the middle of the gym educating the members like littles childrens.

lol You are 100% right Heinz. It if funny cause guys who do those things actually think the owner wants that 1% of the population that does those things. When in reality as a business owner they do NOT want them as they then lose 20 times that amount because they don't like that sort of lifter. You can get medicare to pay for their memberships, you can get the out of shape mommies(which makes up a HUGE % of our population) all for business.

I ran my gyms and my health club like that, no dropping the weights, put your stuff away. NO screaming, and I made a nice life for my family and sold at a profit.

Now when I wanted to workout myself I wouldn't do it at my gym or healthclub NO FREAKING WAY!~

I own stuff at home with TONS of acres around so nobody hears me or bothers me. I drop my weights, NEVER rack em and yell til my lungs hurt. :D

That is the differance, when you own the place you set the rules wether it is at your commercial gym or at your home.

CROWLER

Last edited:
basically for me it adds fuel to the fire of being out casts.....That's why I am starting my own gym and basically the signs with read the exact opp. of the pussy gyms that are dev.ing.....Believe it or not we are what we are and that is out casts....thats why we stick together! Anyone who doesn't like us can kiss our big ass's

AMEN BIG HEINZ!

bigheinz said:
I think is a good idea but i would add a gun to shoot the stupids guys moving 40 pounds like they are moving the hole gym

LOL!!!!!!!!

The sad thing is - I SEE THIS SHIT ALL THE TIME!

I've learned over the past couple of years to respect my workout area, and no matter how damned heavy that weight, I'm sure to rack it when I'm done. But it never fails - there's always a group of idiots that feel the need to heave the 40 pounds dumbbells in shotput fashion after doing thier incredibly HEAVY set of 40 pound flat dumbbell presses for 10 good 1/2 reps. And then look around like they're waiting for applause.

Then again, I'd also like to aim a gun at the idiots who tell me I'm lifting too heavy: The flabby, overweight or malnourished, skinny fools who tell my I'm "doing it all wrong" and "your form sucks" or "your chest is lacking".

Ok asshole - if I'm doing everything SO WRONG, why the FUCK are you staring at me for SO LONG??

...Had to rant, apologies. This thread fired me up.

:)

:mad:

No JUDGMENTS !! LOL

Marty44 said:

Well, I wont judge the cute, albeit flabby chick in the picture. I'm sure this club wouldn't JUDGE me for JUDGING someone else, because that'd be a hypocritical JUDGEMENT of my character. After all, according to that big blue and yellow sign - THEY NEED ME!!

Awwwww!

Attachments

• GYMFATTIE.jpg
    GYMFATTIE.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 455
i may just be out of my mind, but did i read that website right from the link? did they actually post info about how much pizza they go through on pizza night and how many tootsie rolls they go through? are the handles on the dumbbells all soft and fuzzy too?

two gallons of gas $5.00

plastic gas can $6.99

matches 1000/$2.00

watching the pussy gym burn to the ground....

priceless :cool:

Anyone remember "Average Joe's Gym" from the movie Dodgeball?!?:D

Ofcourse this is ridiculous but so is the groaning and grunting imo.
You do not generate more power by grunting and other besides than wanting to draw attention, there is no good reason to do so.

I've always hated the grunters too, whats even more funny is that it's mostly the wannabe's that do it, the real big strong men are mostly quiet

BrooklynBB said:
Well, I wont judge the cute, albeit flabby chick in the picture. I'm sure this club wouldn't JUDGE me for JUDGING someone else, because that'd be a hypocritical JUDGEMENT of my character. After all, according to that big blue and yellow sign - THEY NEED ME!!

Awwwww!
What kind of F-ckin bullshit is this! What is the world coming to! Ugh!

I rack my weights most of the time but not all the time and I never wipe
off a bench cause I barely ever sweat. Don't like it, tough shit!

Worldspan

Man, that is stupid!! lol Sounds like a mix of Globo-gyms nazi-like rules and Average Joe's. -StOrY-

that is nuts- Can't make a sound? what happens if you pass gas? would you get your first worning or would you get kicked out for good?

Moen said:
Ofcourse this is ridiculous but so is the groaning and grunting imo.
You do not generate more power by grunting and other besides than wanting to draw attention, there is no good reason to do so.

I've always hated the grunters too, whats even more funny is that it's mostly the wannabe's that do it, the real big strong men are mostly quiet

Research has borne out that yelling (or being yelled at) increases human voluntary strength (Ikai and Steinhaus, 1969).

You might notice that some the most impressive feats of power and strength demonstrated in martial arts are done with an explosive yell.

-Randy

worldspan said:
In 2004 in Naples, Florida a new gym joined the three other major facilities in town, it was a World Gym and surely was state of the art, although I knew
it would never cater to the hard core boys with dumbells e.g. max 85 pounds.

In 2005, apparently not doing all that well, the current ownership sold and the place was taken over by owners who renamed it 'JUDGMENT FREE ZONE'. Strange name for a gym surely and things started to change. E.g. a buddy of mine who had moved over there was given hell by the owners for grunting and groaning while doing squats.

Well here is the latest. A big banner has been put up along the wall inside which says "What is a lunx"? "A lunx is a person who drops weights, grunts,
and judges"

To add insult to injury, a siren has been installed at the front desk which
if someone starts grunting and groaning, the siren is set off by the front
desk person on duty!

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS ??!! Place has obviously been taken over by flower
children for sure!

Worldspan

One reason I've began building a home gym.

Whats the big deal I mean most people are listening to there ipods anyway?

If I have to listen to the damn easy listening folk banjo crap they play over the speakers and the stupid trainers telling people loudly how to do shit wrong they can listen to me or someone else breathing heavy

Personally I train at home now but if anyone and I mean anyone asked me to be quite when I am training I would throw a loud fit

I usually train very quitly so if I do make a loud noise you can be sure its not the time to approach me

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
mp18201
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws