mega-banner2
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Is Tren harder on the kidneys than other injectable steroids?

From the studies on other AAS it seems most of the kidney issues stem from high blood pressure. It would be nice if we had data where these substances were used on people with their bp/blood markers all in range, I feel like that would paint a different picture.

I'd say first biggest factor is genetic predisposition, then high BP, certain drugs like NSAIDs (diclofenac, naproxen, ibuprofen, etc), contrast dyes used in diagnostics, and hyperglycemia before I'd say trenbolone (then again, many of those things can be secondary to tren abuse).

But predisposition has to be the big one. And many of those people were going to have kidney disease anyway, they just sped up the disease/failure.

5y straight yes.

Lipids: HDL 10-15 LDL 80-90 (on GW my HDL improves by around 5 points).

RBC and Hematocrit run low in my family i am always at 48% Hematocrit no matter how much gear i run. RBC is always near max lab range.
What is your bodyweight?

Actually interested here as well. Two things come up; 1) it raises BP more than others and 2) it turns urine a "rust" color. To me those are none issues. You can do whatever it takes to lower your BP (meds, cardio, lower the dose, lose fat, clean up diet) and I don't think the rust color has anything to do with kidney strain but just the due to the oxidation of tren. You often see people say things like "my urine is rust colored it must be protein and/or blood in urine since I started tren!".

But the question is, does is directly impact kidneys more than other drugs? There was discussion around EQ as well and this topic and I think with EQ there was actually some evidence it may but I don't recall the threads.
I don't recall any claim ever made regarding EQ and nephrotoxicity. I mean, there was one of the internet gurus waving around of study as evidence, but the "study" was a dumpster fire that meant next to nothing.

Like others have mentioned, I think the constant elevation of blood pressure is much more likely to be a direct contributor to kidney harm. So if an aas raises blood pressure substantially then it is likely worse for kidneys via that path.

Other than increasing blood pressure, does anyone have any legit proof that Tren is harder on the kidneys than other injectable steroids?
I abused tren for about 10 years and never had any issues, but my blood pressure is naturally lowe and never had high BP, also my highest weight was about 230 at 5'7

Lots of great contributions to this thread, but I think OTHs summed it up with this post:

I'd say first biggest factor is genetic predisposition, then high BP, certain drugs like NSAIDs (diclofenac, naproxen, ibuprofen, etc), contrast dyes used in diagnostics, and hyperglycemia before I'd say trenbolone (then again, many of those things can be secondary to tren abuse).

But predisposition has to be the big one. And many of those people were going to have kidney disease anyway, they just sped up the disease/failure.

If EQ causes kidney damage it makes me think having a high hematocrit level (thick blood) is one of the culprits.
I've lived at altitude for 22 years now, 11 of those years is at 2 miles above sea level (10,650ft). I've had elevated hematocrit pretty much the whole time. I've never done bloodletting. Most people up here have elevated hematocrit and there isn't an epidemic of kidney issues. I don't know anyone personally that's said they have kidney issues. Now, BP to me is a different story and I do proactively control my BP.

It’s the metabolites from tren producing the rust color

take a high dose of good quality DIM and see what happens. You’ll have piss darker than when on any amount of tren
I love DIM

I know for a FACT (in my body) telsmartan FIXES hematocrit issues, I have always had out of range hematocrit until my most recent bloodwork showed in range - the only factor that had changed really is that BP med.

The most direct pathway that affects people on gear is blood pressure

Indirect pathways like exposure to androgen, and androgen load over a period of time will also degrade the glomeruli over a long period of time. This is one of the reasons why chronic kidney disease is more prevalent in men

I know for a FACT (in my body) telsmartan FIXES hematocrit issues, I have always had out of range hematocrit until my most recent bloodwork showed in range - the only factor that had changed really is that BP med.
Interesting observation, I take telmisartan for its known health benefits beyond controlling BP, this is a new one for me

Other than increasing blood pressure, does anyone have any legit proof that Tren is harder on the kidneys than other injectable steroids?
I personally feel that Tren is responsible for the great majority of kidney disease victims in bodybuilding.

I’ve been taking a variety of substances for over 30 years and none of my blood tests over all those years ever indicated any health problems at all. Then I tried Tren.

After two short 6 week cycles, separated by about 3 months, I got my blood test (to prep for a small hernia repair) and the doctor asked me “How long have you had CKD?”

I didn’t even know what CKD was. It’s chronic kidney disease. And I had it pretty bad. Like lifespan prediction of less than 12-15 more years to live bad. I was on Tren, feeling like a million bucks.

What a scare. I searched everywhere and came to the conclusion that I was fucked.

Then I found Dante’s info about Astragalus and although I have close to zero faith in herbal medicine, I tried it.

Right now my kidney function is much better, but worse than it had ever been before Tren. I’m out of the stage I was in and hoping the new, better scores in getting are legit and not somehow false because of some effect from the Astragalus.

Another good reason to avoid Tren. Maybe the best reason.

I personally feel that Tren is responsible for the great majority of kidney disease victims in bodybuilding.

I’ve been taking a variety of substances for over 30 years and none of my blood tests over all those years ever indicated any health problems at all. Then I tried Tren.

After two short 6 week cycles, separated by about 3 months, I got my blood test (to prep for a small hernia repair) and the doctor asked me “How long have you had CKD?”

I didn’t even know what CKD was. It’s chronic kidney disease. And I had it pretty bad. Like lifespan prediction of less than 12-15 more years to live bad. I was on Tren, feeling like a million bucks.

What a scare. I searched everywhere and came to the conclusion that I was fucked.

Then I found Dante’s info about Astragalus and although I have close to zero faith in herbal medicine, I tried it.

Right now my kidney function is much better, but worse than it had ever been before Tren. I’m out of the stage I was in and hoping the new, better scores in getting are legit and not somehow false because of some effect from the Astragalus.

Yeah, I've sworn off Tren, just too harsh for me anymore. After years of using it on and off the sides crept up and royally bit me in the ass, literally. I've recently introduced astragalus into my daily supplement routine. So glad to hear about your experience with it. I hope it's legit for as well.

I don’t think a total of just 12 weeks of using Tren gave you CKD. But I do believe your kidneys were struggling and it’s the compound that set you over the edge. Thanks for sharing! And how much astragalus do you take daily?

What tests did they do to test your kidneys? I'm hoping he didn't just look at an elevated creatinine and say you had CKD

My nephrologist just cares about gfr levels. After I had rhabdo he said if I test over 50 I don't have to come back and see him anymore. Which thankfully i did.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
105octane
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws