• All new members please introduce your self here and welcome to the board:
    http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=259
Buy Needles And Syringes With No Prescription
M4B Store Banner
ddd
Riptropin Store banner
Generation X Bodybuilding Forum
Buy Needles And Syringes With No Prescription
Buy Needles And Syringes With No Prescription
Mysupps Store Banner
IP Gear Store Banner
Anabolic Hormones Store Banner
Ganabol Store Banner
Spend $100 and get bonus needles free at sterile syringes
Professional Muscle Store open now
LandmarkChem Email Banner
Medtech Store Banner
Bruce Labs Store banner
qtropin
Professional Muscle Store open now
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
Buy Needles And Syringes With No Prescription
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
Buy Needles And Syringes With No Prescription
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

It's to much for me

Geoffke

Banned
Joined
Jun 6, 2002
Messages
945
In the past years I trained my chest, my chest was always
my weak point.
My strenght wasn't increasing, even decreasing
I did 12 worksets, like the most of us do.
But a few weeks I thought by myself, after reading skip's
trainings-ebook, that I did to much.

So I did 8 sets, but I trained really intense. My workout
was done in 30 minutes.
I didn't felt much, so I thought that I didn't train enough.
But the day after, O My God, It was so sore that you couldn't
imagine.
Now, In a month strenght goes up like a rocket...

My question is, do you also beleave in 8 sets for chest,
like I do?
 
Last edited:

xcelbeyond

The "Elder" Mod
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Joined
Jun 5, 2002
Messages
7,227
It's been a LOOOOONG time since I've done 12 worksets (or even 8) for any body part.

xcel
 

bigheinz

IFBB PRO/Kilo Klub Member
IFBB PROS
Joined
Dec 7, 2002
Messages
2,019
Man, i have 10 years with 2 or 3 sets for any body part i cant imagine 8 or 12 sets.
This tipe of workouts are in the past, you have to use advanced training tecniques: volume, frequence of training and you need to understand what "INTENSITY" means.
 

Ry Roid

New member
Registered
Joined
Jun 29, 2002
Messages
428
To people that love volume...

...I always compare workouts to be like a invasion. You want to get in there bomb it(Body) w/ all you got quickly and get out. People that do 25 sets per bodypart argue that they put 100% intensity into every set but, that is IMPOSSIBLE!!! You are mentally thinking that you have to do same excercise 4-5 more times and so you save it all for your last set.

RY
 
M

Mr Pickels

Guest
i do three maybe four sets for chest.... havent done that many (8-12)in about 5 years
 

Geoffke

Banned
Joined
Jun 6, 2002
Messages
945
Mr Pickels said:
i do three maybe four sets for chest.... havent done that many (8-12)in about 5 years
4 sets? Do you train chest only once a week?
 

weight77

New member
Registered
Joined
Jul 31, 2003
Messages
770
Geoffke said:
In the past years I trained my chest, my chest was always
my weak point.
My strenght wasn't increasing, even decreasing
I did 12 worksets, like the most of us do.
But a few weeks I thought by myself, after reading skip's
trainings-ebook, that I did to much.

So I did 8 sets, but I trained really intense. My workout
was done in 30 minutes.
I didn't felt much, so I thought that I didn't train enough.
But the day after, O My God, It was so sore that you couldn't
imagine.
Now, In a month strenght goes up like a rocket...

My question is, do you also beleave in 8 sets for chest,
like I do?
I have the same problem..What does your 8 set workout look like
 
M

Mr Pickels

Guest
Geoffke said:


4 sets? Do you train chest only once a week?
yes, although i'm thinking about making it once every 5 days days, not 7...... i always feel like i could do it a day or two sooner than i do
 

babygetoboy

New member
Registered
Joined
Dec 7, 2003
Messages
322
What e-books are you guys talkinga bout?
 

Geoffke

Banned
Joined
Jun 6, 2002
Messages
945

Attachments

Geoffke

Banned
Joined
Jun 6, 2002
Messages
945
Re: Re: It's to much for me

weight77 said:


I have the same problem..What does your 8 set workout look like
1) benchpress

*3 warming up sets,
10-12 reps
4-6 reps

2) inclune dumbell presses

*2 warming up sets
10 reps
8 reps

3) flat dumbell presses

10-12 reps
6-8 reps

4) incline (40°) dumbell flyes

10- 12 reps
10- 12 reps



All real working sets are to maximum faillure, I don't take much
rest between sets.
On the 2 first excersises I train with heavy weigt, but the flyes
and flat dumbell press, I don't go heavy, I train real slow and let
it burn.

It works for me...
 

DragonRider

New member
Newbies
Joined
Feb 26, 2003
Messages
15
Re: Re: Re: It's to much for me

Geoffke said:


1) benchpress

*3 warming up sets,
10-12 reps
4-6 reps

2) inclune dumbell presses

*2 warming up sets
10 reps
8 reps

3) flat dumbell presses

10-12 reps
6-8 reps

4) incline (40°) dumbell flyes

10- 12 reps
10- 12 reps



All real working sets are to maximum faillure, I don't take much
rest between sets.
On the 2 first excersises I train with heavy weigt, but the flyes
and flat dumbell press, I don't go heavy, I train real slow and let
it burn.

It works for me...
I include warmups when I count my sets, so I'm counting that you do 13 total sets for chest.
 

BIGKIWI

IFBB PRO / FOUNDING Member
IFBB PROS
Joined
Jul 13, 2002
Messages
1,457
Yeah that is alot sets bro max I do is 7 sets , 1 warm up, 3 exercises :) you don't need to do extra warm up sets when changing the exercise as you are already warm :)
 

Geoffke

Banned
Joined
Jun 6, 2002
Messages
945
BIGKIWI said:
Yeah that is alot sets bro max I do is 7 sets , 1 warm up, 3 exercises :) you don't need to do extra warm up sets when changing the exercise as you are already warm :)
Hmm, do you train chest once a week?
 

Staff online

  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
501,858,239
Threads
123,348
Messages
2,347,732
Members
155,055
Latest member
rjbrenner712
Top