advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Just random stuff that interests me.....

Dogg any updates?

03-15-2015, 09:52 AM
Featured Member / Kilo Klub Join Date: Jun 2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikennrg View Post
Are you thinking of going with oral pregnenolone or going the transdermal route? What your thoughts on DHEA?

im doing this more for intrigue on what happens if you can lower dht....does it lower the hematocrit and hemoglobin enough even though testosterone raises it.....since muscle mass gain seems to be the same whether there is dht present or not....there is a number of ways to go about it

finast/dutast = it would be great to see a number of guys who have used dutast/finast who had regular bloodwork over the years pre and post usage....then i could truly see if their hematocrit and hemoglobin lowered

Progesterone = creme--strong 5-alpha inhibitor....but there is so much literature/opinions strongly against and For....that kind of battle between the 2 sides gives me some worry that thats not the way to go here.

Pregnenolone- im going to go the oral route first.....I hear blood testing for pregnenlolone is wacky and unreliable....so im going to try to go by intuition here (via sleep and anxiety which its supposed to strongly help) and see if it works....if I dont feel the oral route is worthy ill try transdermal.

DHEA really isnt in my equation right now because this is more about dht/hematocrit/hemoglobin for me...so although pregnenolone could/can increase DHEA....Im more looking for solution so people dont have to go get needle sticked every 2 months at the blood bank.

Dante
I was wondering if you had any update from your Pregnenolone experiment?

Ive been doing it for quite some time....but i have not run blood work yet to see where everything is at.

thanks buddy, I always look for your postings, been follower of your work for years. Started with the "Cycles for pennies ", way back in 2002? on another board. The best growth I ever experienced! Also great to watch your success unfold over the years I really appreciate what you do for the every day joe. SOLID CHARACTER.....SOLID.! keep us posted thanks again

I too read and apply all the info you teach.

I appreciate that guys greatly....thank you

Hi Dante: for a natural 185lber if money was not an issue how would you recommend bcaa/Pepto and or Eaa use? (Dose & times)

I think pepto pro is the most overrated overpriced protein powder there is. DSM came in with all this great marketing and science and convinced the masses. And then made a secular product which had a fervor and crushed it. And this is coming from a guy who sells Pepto Pro for the lowest price out there, was the company that introduced Pepto Pro to the bodybuilding community, and to this day still sells mass amounts of pepto pro to people. I draw my opinion on a couple things.
This is fact: There is not a person on this planet that has used more pepto pro than me. I used it for about 3-4 years straight in quanitities that people would go broke on because i got it for free. Im talking large amounts (60 plus grams most of the time multiple times a day). I really wanted to put it to the test and see if it resulted in anything pretty spectacular. Im a creature of habit...i pretty much eat the same things, i train really heavy and progressive and intense, and supplement the same way for long periods of time so when i make a change to my system that is positive or negative....i notice it.
I saw no difference at all between my large pepto pro usage and using either egg white/pea protien isolate mix (which i use today) and whey isolate Postworkout (which i use today)....Nothing, nada, zilch....it was the exact same effects. Definitely not worth 30 dollars a pound, no way in hell.
Two: Ive seen a large number of employees and people locally (including my business partner) who used large amount of pepto pro over lengths of time....and again what happened....they eventually went back to whey isolate and egg white/micellar or egg white/pea protein isolate also.......
I personally feel its grossly overrated and i would much rather see my customers pay their hard earned money on something that is 7-13 dollars a pound than something that is 30 dollars a pound which in my opinion really doesnt do anything more beneficial. Company wise it doesnt matter either way to me...we make about the same margin on both products but personally I have a big problem steering customers to a 30 dollars a pound product that i dont think has the merit to cost 30 dollars a pound at all.

I think EEA/BCAA usage should be use pre intra and maybe post workout but mostly pre and intra....and then maybe pre bed, anytime you cant get a meal or a shake in, and maybe middle of the nite if you got up to urinate...but pre and intra and pre bed is where i see the importance

Last edited:
I think pepto pro is the most overrated overpriced protein powder there is. DSM came in with all this great marketing and science and convinced the masses. And then made a secular product which had a fervor and crushed it. And this is coming from a guy who sells Pepto Pro for the lowest price out there, was the company that introduced Pepto Pro to the bodybuilding community, and to this day still sells mass amounts of pepto pro to people. I draw my opinion on a couple things.
This is fact: There is not a person on this planet that has used more pepto pro than me. I used it for about 3-4 years straight in quanitities that people would go broke on because i got it for free. Im talking large amounts (60 plus grams most of the time multiple times a day). I really wanted to put it to the test and see if it resulted in anything pretty spectacular. Im a creature of habit...i pretty much eat the same things, i train really heavy and progressive and intense, and supplement the same way for long periods of time so when i make a change to my system that is positive or negative....i notice it.
I saw no difference at all between my large pepto pro usage and using either egg white/pea protien isolate mix (which i use today) and whey isolate Postworkout (which i use today)....Nothing, nada, zilch....it was the exact same effects. Definitely not worth 30 dollars a pound, no way in hell.
Two: Ive seen a large number of employees and people locally (including my business partner) who used large amount of pepto pro over lengths of time....and again what happened....they eventually went back to whey isolate and egg white/micellar or egg white/pea protein isolate also.......
I personally feel its grossly overrated and i would much rather see my customers pay their hard earned money on something that is 7-13 dollars a pound than something that is 30 dollars a pound which in my opinion really doesnt do anything more beneficial. Company wise it doesnt matter either way to me...we make about the same margin on both products but personally I have a big problem steering customers to a 30 dollars a pound product that i dont think has the merit to cost 30 dollars a pound at all.

I think EEA/BCAA usage should be use pre intra and maybe post workout but mostly pre and intra....and then maybe pre bed, anytime you cant get a meal or a shake in, and maybe middle of the nite if you got up to urinate...but pre and intra and pre bed is where i see the importance
Thanks Dante! I appreciate the efforts you put forth on passing vital information on the the consumer!

I really need to start getting my supplements through TN. I've contemplated several times, just haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Think I'll go browsing.

I gave pepto pro a very good run as well in intra. Ran 4-5 kg for six odd months and did not feel nothing compare the good old post workout shake. I was really confused thinking how come all these guys on board claiming this the total dogs bollocks and its done nothing for me. Then quite some time ago I saw Dante's post where he said the same thing saying this does nothing special, waste of money etc. Dante's words were plenty for me to call it off. Never bought it again. Now I just run mix of hbcd , eaa, bcaa intra that's it. And I find eaa has more effect on me in terms of recovery soreness then anything else ( this was the first time ever I tried eaa in 16 years of on and off bbing. I went from usual post workout for years to intra pepto for six months and now to intra bcaa/eaa for 7-8 months). Thanks Dante for saving me loads of money !

One question if u do intra bcaa and eaa why do u still have whey ISO postworkout ? Is that still necessary I wonder? Do u follow that with solid meal or have that instead of it?
I just have intra bcaa/ eaa and an hour or so later a solid meal. Just wondering if I should include whey ISO as well postworkout before solid meal or not needed ? Thank u sir

Last edited:

This is why I've been following DC since Animals board and continue to do so. Also why I why I have been getting all my protein and supplements from true protein/truenutrition. Complete honesty and transparency. Who else would come out and say a product that they sell is highly overrated? Everyone else would praise the product even if it was crap. This is integrity. Thank you Dante for always being honest and a stand up guy. Also, thank you for your efforts in posting all the knowledge and information about long term health and longevity. I know many of us here do pay attention to and do appreciate your message. Thanks for what you do.

Curious about EAA's pre bed. I've always used casien. Why EAA?

Wow, thank you so much for your honest feedback.

lol!

so happy to see a respected voice of reason on this issue!

:headbang:

care to shed some light on the fancy new sugar products for people?

did you personally see any real gains from the hbcds and glycofuse or whatever the new fangled carb source is that people believe needs to be a staple in the pre/intra/post craze.

Thanks Dante. 5g bcaa per dose good? Should extra leucine be added?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why the pea protein just curious, is it because its the cheapest? Amino acid profile?

:yeahthat::yeahthat::yeahthat:

:cool:

Thanks!

Peptopro sucks. In the supplments business you have many idiots that love supplement company bs. If anyone knows how to look at studies correctly would of knew about this long ago. I was laughing when I saw post on this board people talking about peptopro and asking "help me to how to use it". It's a protein powder you need help mixing it? The took a slow protein and make it fast. Hydrolyzing caseinate is stupid.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131