over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Just sad to see the 90's and 2000's bodybuilders continually going thru this

No doubt steroids are bad, even worse is the lifestyle of a competitive bodybuilder, which usually entails continuously pushing the envelope with drug dosages, trying anything new, huge fluctuations in body weight, large use of fat burners which increase heart rate dramatically, diuretic use along side nsaids usage.

No doubt if you use large amounts of drugs they will cause harm, however to be absolutely honest 99% of bodybuilders i have personally met in real life do not give a SHIT about their health, I have yet to meet a real health conscious bodybuilder, only on THIS board do i read about them. Here are few run down facts :-

1. I do not know many bodybuilders who do cardio all year round, every single day of the year perform a cardiovascular activity for over 40mins.

2. Actually eat a heart healthy diet, forcing tons of protein and eating brown rice is NOT healthy, its CLEAN. healthy is making sure that you eat a diet with a huge amounts of fibre, anti-oxidants and full of healthy fats to improve cardiac function alongside keep cholesterol in check and keeping blood sugar stable and controlled. And staying on this diet year round. I see facebook and have mates that eat dirty continously , the only time they diet is for contest and guess what, like i said earlier going on a protein only diet with "clean" carbs, is not healthy, its not heart healthy.

3. Using pre workouts and fat burners most of the year which jack your heart rate up, if you using anabolic which makes muscle tissue grow when under stress. What do you think will happen when your heart is pumping out at a higher rate continuously. I know PLENTY of guys who fucking use clen and eph to get them in the "MOOD" to train.

4. eradicate orals from the regimen completely bar say 4 weeks out from a contest. Orals destroy HDL levels and it can take weeks to recover and usually by the time you have recovered you are back on again.

5. Take long cruises with actual correct doses i.e 100-150mg test per week max. Again most of all the bodybuilders i personally know think 500-750mg for 6 weeks is a good clean out. I actually spoke to a PRO , who is WELL KNOWN for his health approach and he said he uses 1g test year round, is that healthy?

6. Detox regularly, to remove toxins from the body.

7. Monitor blood work, blood pressure routinely to the point where they are at slightly high or normal levels on blood markers DURING a cycle? Not for the last 2 weeks of a cruise.

8. Take a pro-active approach to cardiac-vascular and blood clot health with supplementation, such as ubiquanol, reversatol, serrapeptease, nattokinase etc.... and the list goes on, these things cost more than the actual AAS at times.

9. dont party or use rec drugs, most the lads i know are out flaunting their shit in clubs getting rec highs and drinking, that seems to be the norm until contest time.
The UK, especially were i reside has a huge bodybuilding community, literally EVERYONE uses, even "natty" guys. I have yet to have a single conversation with anyone who even does 2-3 of the above. Most of the guys i know breath heavy and are winded easily, hate cardio, eat semi clean and cruise well over the recommended max. So i am not surprised if they encounter heart issues, i think bending over and doing up your shoe laces and then being out of breath and sweating should be an indicator no?

These are all good points.
I had to evolve into doing most of these over time.

Doing cardio year round is especially important. Besides it helps me train harder anyways.
Eating clean and making sure you keep your blood sugar regulated, man, most guys just cram whatever down their holes and brag that they can eat burgers and crap and still look lean.

AGAIN good post bro.

I just watched this video yesterday. An interview with IFBB Pro Mike Morris, who was told if he continued bodybuilding, he would ultimately die. He talks about competing against one of my favorite bodybuilders from Massachusetts, Paul DeMayo. He claims all his health problems were caused by Nubain and painkillers. The is a long ass video, but I found it very interesting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gxwliQY6iU

I just watched this video yesterday. An interview with IFBB Pro Mike Morris, who was told if he continued bodybuilding, he would ultimately die. He talks about competing against one of my favorite bodybuilders from Massachusetts, Paul DeMayo. He claims all his health problems were caused by Nubain and painkillers. The is a long ass video, but I found it very interesting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gxwliQY6iU
all nubain, thats denial

how come the 70's and 80's bbr's seem to be ok?

could it be that maybe there is toxic chemicals that are in the powders coming out of china and that the 70's and 80's guys relied more on human grade gear?

how come the 70's and 80's bbr's seem to be ok?

could it be that maybe there is toxic chemicals that are in the powders coming out of china and that the 70's and 80's guys relied more on human grade gear?

They had less, they took less.

They had less, they took less.

I forget the guys name, he was a pro during the 70's he claimed he would go up to 10 grams a week during pre-contest. I will try and find the interview.

I forget the guys name, he was a pro during the 70's he claimed he would go up to 10 grams a week during pre-contest. I will try and find the interview.
Yeah I know who you are talking about. He claimed the worst thing a bodybuilder can do was quit the drug because you build tolerance overtime and you could take more and more to get more results. Lol that guy was crazy think he claimed 500mg of dbol a day and other crazy doses.

Cliff Notes:

Pete Grymkowski wasn't a big eater and relied on increasing his dosages to boost his contest weight.

Stayed "on" for 17 1/2 years. Biggest regret is ever coming off at all.

cruised on 3 grams total combined androgen use per day during contest prep,

The last 3-5 weeks of contest prep he'd increase his dosages to 10 grams per day total (shots and orals)

27 cc's of injectables plus tons of orals per day.

Claimed he didn't have access to GH back then.

The synergy between GH, Insulin and other modern bodybuilding drugs mean that the top guys today don't have to use these astronomical amounts of androgens.

Drug use starts at 1:38:30

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Once you choose to use, you must accept the risks that may or may not come with...once you choose to abuse, you must accept the risks that will come with it.

You must bake the cake first - train hard/smart, eat hard/smart...then use the icing on the cake to help this process if that is what you choose.

It's all a choice, some better ways, some stupid ways...but a choice. Now, that choice may greatly change as you get older and wiser...and realize, it's okay to look like this instead of that. Lets not get this wrong, this is a bodybuilding board and many seek that super muscle look which is just fine...just know the game will have to change for you, but you can control it to a certain extent.

I know when I finally choose to bodybuild without competing, the game will change for me, and I will be okay with that, walk away and keep training because I love to train...body may not look the same, but I know I will not crash and burn like some...mentally preparing for that. But, on the flip side I never understood why people tossed the kitchen sink at their bodies, when they could have progressed by maximizing training, food, and supp use, not abuse...then climbing the ladder as needed to continue to allow for this happen. And yes, progression will happen with supps for 95% of us, but it is how you progress with those numbers that will be borderline use versus abuse...

Grymkowski: He had a heart attack young and then bypass surgery in 2000....he is still living though.

I'm a nobody but wouldn't mega dosing gh and slin play a big role? I mean most of these pros are probably taking 5-10x the amount your average "juicer" is taking. Jmo for whatever it's worth

Cocaine causes heart damage(very potent vasoconstrictor), gh overdosing can cause cardiomyopathy, overdoing insulin can cause joint problems and atherosclerosis. Even anabolics should be done in moderation.

He used to be in every magazine it seemed like!Just glad he is doing better!Very disheartening to say the least!
Dante would you ever consider working with people again?35 and older crowd?how to dovthis and stay healthy,implementing new ideas and training?i probably already know the answer though!:)

Great thread...

It's sad to see people associating bodybuilding with drugs, which shouldn't be true at all. A great body is definitely achievable naturally. Of course it won't be big as an enhanced athlete, but still lean and healthy.

I've been reading Emeric's posts for years and guys like LK3 more recently and that's what a conscious non-competitive bodybuilder should be doing. Low doses and counter-measures.

Of course those aiming for a pro card have to do things differently, but that's definitely not me.

He used to be in every magazine it seemed like!Just glad he is doing better!Very disheartening to say the least!
Dante would you ever consider working with people again?35 and older crowd?how to dovthis and stay healthy,implementing new ideas and training?i probably already know the answer though!:)

I was actually going to use this thread for the opportunity to write up what I feel people should do who want to 'use' but also take their health into their hands. I am a gigantic believer that almost every problem can be fixed with nutritional supplements and diet while crosschecking bloodwork (not all but the majority).... and I have done this repeatedly with myself and people close to me. Virtually all of the supplements I am going to recommend (I would say 99%) I don't sell so this isn't a plug for anything, it would be my opinion on getting the odds in your favor so this Nasser, Comerford, Duvall, Kovacs, Dearth, Mattarrazzo, Kawak, Van Amsterdam, Seccarrelle, etc etc etc stuff doesn't befall people in this forum......I just need a little time to collect my thoughts and post

I did the extreme abuse thing, realized wtf, Im big but I dont have a mouses fart of a chance in a hurricane of being a pro.
Now I use peps, OTC, stuff and try like hell to supplement my HEALTH.
I have more pills geared towards, cholesterol, BP, liver, heart etc...than ever before.
I did the insansity, now I cant use gear at all, but eventually Ill be able too, but looking forward Ill never do more than 750 mg of test.
WHY?
Im 260 now in decent shape, not contest ready but shit good by most peoples standards.
I dont need to be 290-310 anymore, what good is that going to do me?
I want to train, look good but more importantly FEEL GOOD.
At this weight I can sleep with no apnea by BP is under control and my acitvity level during the day is high, I dont feel like shit from lack of sleep or schlepping around an additional 40 lbs.
So what If Im weaker and cant throw around big lbs, that doesnt mean shit to me any more, I kinda get a kick out of having a 21 inch arm curling a 25 lb dumbell and squeezing the shit out of it.:D

I was actually going to use this thread for the opportunity to write up what I feel people should do who want to 'use' but also take their health into their hands. I am a gigantic believer that almost every problem can be fixed with nutritional supplements and diet while crosschecking bloodwork (not all but the majority).... and I have done this repeatedly with myself and people close to me. Virtually all of the supplements I am going to recommend (I would say 99%) I don't sell so this isn't a plug for anything, it would be my opinion on getting the odds in your favor so this Nasser, Comerford, Duvall, Kovacs, Dearth, Mattarrazzo, Kawak, Van Amsterdam, Seccarrelle, etc etc etc stuff doesn't befall people in this forum......I just need a little time to collect my thoughts and post

Very much looking forward to this

Thanks Dante!very sad what happened with Matt,i knew him very well and considered him a friend!i am definately interested in this,maybe we could talk you into discussing some training too?!;)

I've been waiting for Dante to make this post of the sups and especially dosages for a while now, eagerly awaiting.....lol.

So what should EVERY bodybuilder take to stay healthy Dante???

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinFinch
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws