over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

KEEPING GAINS?

getbig27

Registered
ok so im talking to this trainer who works with some pretty big names and he says to me what did i weigh last year when i started cutting for the jr. usa's. i said 255lbs. i cut down to 205lbs. i now weigh 285lbs and he said, shredded you would probably be 240lbs for next years shows since im not carrying a ton of fat in the off season. this is where he lost me....

guy says this new size i gained wont stay with me by the end of contest prep (4months) if i dont solidify it now by uping my volume in the gym. im following the big beyond belief program where im hitting each body part 2, 3 sometimes 4 times a week. i love it and its working great. this guy says if i want to harden and keep this new muscle i gained i need to increase the volume of sets ....add an exercise or two to each bodypart instead of just doing one exercise....etc...

is there any truth to what this guy told me?

I think the biggest culprit in not maintaining new muscle is not holding on to the new weight long enough, say 6 to 12 months. I have seen some guys and girls make huge leaps in bodyweight, some muscle and some fat but they do not hold it long enough. As soon as someone gains say 40 to 50 pounds they start to cut and that is the wrong way to go. Gain the 40 or 50 pounds and hold it there for the next 6 months or longer so your body will get accustomed to it and will not throw it away when you do start to cut. High volume or low volume I do not think there is only one answer but eating enough and training hard enough without overtraining your nervous system is the key. If I had the funds I would load up on the GH for the next 6 months along with alot of test and a good anabolic to also help hold onto your new size while you clean up your diet alittle to get harder while keeping the weight. Just my 2 cents.

gorilla2015 said:
I think the biggest culprit in not maintaining new muscle is not holding on to the new weight long enough, say 6 to 12 months. I have seen some guys and girls make huge leaps in bodyweight, some muscle and some fat but they do not hold it long enough. As soon as someone gains say 40 to 50 pounds they start to cut and that is the wrong way to go. Gain the 40 or 50 pounds and hold it there for the next 6 months or longer so your body will get accustomed to it and will not throw it away when you do start to cut. High volume or low volume I do not think there is only one answer but eating enough and training hard enough without overtraining your nervous system is the key. If I had the funds I would load up on the GH for the next 6 months along with alot of test and a good anabolic to also help hold onto your new size while you clean up your diet alittle to get harder while keeping the weight. Just my 2 cents.

Now that is a very intesting thought! I never even contemplated such a thing. hmmmm gain the weight...hold it...let the body get used to having it.. then it's easier to keep. I've never thought or heard of discussions of this but I like it!

SS

I've never thought or heard of discussions of this but I like it!

There are some theories out there by some writers that doing long cyles talikng at least 20 weeks on up your body will adjust to carrying that much wieght from bulking up that long and being on.

See if I can find a artilce .

just so you guys know how my mind works when people say things like this....authority from the freakin pope or not i dont jump on it as the holy grail. i think about it....may even bring it here to toss around but by no means do i stop what got me where i am to say " oh golly gee....this guy thinks i should do bla bla bla...he must be right".

Dave Palumbo is one who advocates 16+ week cycles for this very reason. He believes it take at least that long for the body to "solidify" the gains made.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws