over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

LASER hair removal - who's done it??

repper

Registered
who here has done laser hair removal? I got a quote from a place here who does large volume business with hair removal, and they quoted me $2000 for all upper body from waist up. they said then for an extra $1000, I could to "touch ups" for the next six months after to get any places that hair popped up. the $2k is for 3 sessions per body area, and the $1000 includes 4-5 sessions per area for the touch-ups. does this sound good? are there any scams to watch out for? thanks in advance

im doin it right now,

well bro, im in the middle of YAG laser treatments, and i will say, that they cant cover as much area as you think they can, now maybe you might be different but i am one HAIRY MOFO! i mean i am amazed that this stuff actually WORKS! but at the same time, hairs do seem to grow back, becuse in order to kill the follicle, you must catch the hair while it is actively growing. so after 2 treatments in one area, i am seeing reductions as much as 75%, and the hair that has grown back is very thin and grows slow. You must make sure that they do a test spot on yoou before you even purchase anything. sometimes if you have a certain skin color, you can risk messin the skin melanin(sp)? in the skin up. that would leave you with some nasty scarrin, i saw some on a guy, looked like someone bleached his skin. But, the laser i am using is specialy for people with dark skin and coarse dark hair. if you have any other questions, i could probably help ya. Ask MikeS, i think he has had some done in the past also.

I know two women who have had it done, and it does work ok, it seems like for the cost it just doesnt completely solve everything. Im thinking its like these new flat screen tv's, wait a year or 2, and it will be alot cheaper, and more science behind it.

seems like every couple months, they come out with a new and more effective laser, so Id just hold your horses for a lil bit...

i first had it done in 1999

and back then the lasers were crappy, they have come a long way since then. but i will say, i think its worth it. its always been expensive, and my aunt is a dermatoliogist, and she does the app.s for me, its still expensive though, no way around it.

I think thats a good point-the technology gets better and maybe cheaper.
I heard it hurts pretty bad-is that true? Max-no I havent had it done but was looking into it at one point.

had my first treatment 1 month ago. upper back, shoulders and upper arms. I don't think it really hurts at all. I think it feels like somone flicking you with thier finger. Flick your arm with your finger thats what it feels like to me. I paid $1,900 for 5 sessions. Whcih is pretty good to cover all 3 areas I listed.

The I have to go about every 12-14 weeks. So it will take about 1 1/2 years to complete the whole process or 5 sessions.

Last edited:
To me it is crazy that they quote prices by the session. If they don't know their business enough to just state a price to PERMANANTLY get rid of the hair should they really be trusted with a laser on a person's body.

To me if they can not keep treating you until satisfaction (read NO MORE HAIR) I would be unlikely to do it.

I am not talking about your particular person as I have heard that MANY places charge by the session just seems ridiculous to me. It is like paying for a tatoo and they don't gurantee that it will actually still be showing in 6 months. :rolleyes:

laser

I haven't tanned in a couple of years, but my skin always naturally looks kind of a tan color even if I don't tan. Not dark, just looks like a very light tan. I do have really dark, thick, dense, and course hair. And if I don't shave for a month, I look like a freakin gorilla. No joke. Thick hair all over the f'n place. I'm sick and tired of it. I want to do the laser and been wanting to do it for a long time. The price has always kept me from doing it. This place I talked to does a lot of it and has it decently priced compared to the others. They said they use something called the Lightsheer Diode laser (or something like that). They said it's the best one (but they all said that) and it's supposedly the only one approved by the FDA for hair removal. I don't care about that stuff though. As long as the thing works, doesn't screw up my skin pigmentation, and doesn't cost as much as a college education, I'd like to do it. Any scams from laser places I should be on the lookout for? And is the skin pigment thing a rare thing or happens a lot??

its a single case deal man

if you are as hairy as i was then you may be satified with at least a hair reduction. they cannot gauruntee anything. i have had both shoulders done and so far i have paid a total of 250. so i am not going to some laser care place. my relative is a dermatologist, and i feel as if she has a better eye and better trained than some of these laser huts. dragonfire is right, it doesnt hrut as they are treating you, but what i have found is that the hour after they have treated you is the sorest, then that evening when you shower, be careful, its bery sensitive. but as far as the skin melanin getting messed up, you might and might not have that happen, just have them do a test patch, wait some time and look closly at your skin, and you can judge from there. i will say, this is very tedious, and you must be patient , as dragon said, it can take around 1 1.5 years for total removal.
mike-sorry man, i remember readin a post you wrote about that

There are many factors

I've had some experience with this...
Started about 4-5 years ago... I had 2 treatments on my back using a Alexandrite Laser. Didn't really hurt all that bad, it was about $300 per session for back and neck... the place closed down and I went to a new place... THEY REALLY screwed me up... they where complete IDIOTS, I ended up with burns on my back... NOT FUN... I had scars for a year, they're finally gone.

About a year ago I ventured back. This time the experience was much better. They used a LightSheer Laser. It's not cheap (2k+), but I've found I've gotten much better results. The place I go to offers a 1 and 2 year guarantee, so you can keep going back after your first 5 visits. http://www.advancedlaserclinics.com/

I have found in my experience:
1. it will take more than 3-5 sessions for most people
2. Make sure you go to a reputable company AND they use the latest laser (LightSheer).
3. IT SHOULD HURT. If it doesn't hurt, tell the tech and they will turn the laser up.. Otherwise, you're wasting a session. I'd rather have it hurt 3 times than have to go 12 times. With the new lasers, you won't get burned.

Hope this helps!

growinbigger said:
The place I go to offers a 1 and 2 year guarantee, so you can keep going back after your first 5 visits. http://www.advancedlaserclinics.com/

That is what I am talking about. If the person doing the work doesn't have enough experience to be able to determine how many sessions it will take and they wont let you keep coming back til you are hair free, RUN in the opposite direction.

As far as it taking up to 1.5 years WOW something just doesn't sound legit with that. They can laser tatoos off in less time than that but if that is what they told ya I guess that is what it is.

CROWLER

I heard a woman died getting laser hair removal

I heard that a woman died from laser hair removal treatment--overdosed on anesthetic cream. She spread too much of the stuff on her body, wrapped it up in celophane. I hear that stuff can lower your heart rate.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws