over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Lee Haney Appreciation Thread

USMuscle9403

Registered
The greatest Olympian? One of the most respectable, for sure. In my opinion, him and Jay Cutler are the two best ambassadors for the sport.

I met this fine young man as a newbie, he came to train at our gym. In fact, I think he lives somewhere around here, or at least he used to. Guy is wide as a barn door with a sweater on lol.

Great guy, anyone can tell you that. And a true man of faith. I have no opinion on that, but when you do seemingly walk the walk and talk the talk, I respect that. I could also listen to the guy talk about anything lol

Here's a more recent interview to give you an idea what he's like now

Great man, great physique, great pastor to his flock. I idolized him when I was starting out in bodybuilding, that huge back hanging off his body like a side of beef. Although I wanted Gary Strydom's delts...and Arnold's chest and biceps...and Mike Christian's triceps...and Tom Platz's legs...etc. But Lee Haney has always been a great ambassador for the sport, which certainly can't be said for many other bodybuilders.

When he showed up to our gym, I must have been sixteen or seventeen. He was average height but his back width was just mind boggling. No one knew he was coming, he was just passing through and needed a workout. Didn't announce his presence or anything, just came in with his huge sweatshirt and started training. There were some pretty big dudes at that gym, but I'd never seen anyone that big in that type of shape before. Remember he was 250! Not exactly a lightweight by any means, but still had that tiny waist and ridiculous V taper. Said he rarely went over fifteen pounds from his stage weight.

Classy guy.

He was a great bodybuilder and is still a great ambassador for the sport. He was the man that broke Arnold's record with 8 consecutive Olympia wins!

He was a great bodybuilder and is still a great ambassador for the sport. He was the man that broke Arnold's record with 8 consecutive Olympia wins!
...and if you ask the majority in the know, especially Mike Mentzer, Haney beat Arnold by TWO Olympias! Of course, if Arnold hadn't retired in the 70's who knows how many Sandows he would have added to his collection

Lee Haney, to me, was the only physique I had any desire to emulate as a kid in the 80's. Huge lats and pecs with delts and arms in perfect proportion IMHO. And his "wheels" were an impressive rock solid foundation for his upper body to rest upon

...and if you ask the majority in the know, especially Mike Mentzer, Haney beat Arnold by TWO Olympias! Of course, if Arnold hadn't retired in the 70's who knows how many Sandows he would have added to his collection

Lee Haney, to me, was the only physique I had any desire to emulate as a kid in the 80's. Huge lats and pecs with delts and arms in perfect proportion IMHO. And his "wheels" were an impressive rock solid foundation for his upper body to rest upon
I liked Berry Demay a lot too. He still looks great today.

Was legitimately scared of Dorian Yates, and as much as I like Dorian, I still think Lee edges him out just from those lines he has. Him and early 90s Ronnie. Dude remained aesthetic while being crazy thick in the right areas.

He was such a nice guy. "Thank you, brother, thank you so much. God Bless You" - Lee Haney politely telling me to fuck off, circa early 2000s

Was one of my inspirations for sure! I remember being in the military in the mid-80s and looking at his pics in M&F. Truly a great ambassador and role model for alot if aspiring bodybuilders!

saw him at the 1989 or 1990 USA in Raleigh NC, the one that Eddie Robinson got his pro card at, anyway he was the widest human I'd ever seen.

saw him at the 1989 or 1990 USA in Raleigh NC, the one that Eddie Robinson got his pro card at, anyway he was the widest human I'd ever seen.

This was around early 2000s, but he was taking good care of himself and still looked a few weeks out of a contest. I've seen Ronnie up close, as well, who is obviously a different species, but in terms of back width I think they may be about the same. Ronnie couldn't maintain his gut, he looked ideal back in the early 90s. Lee kinda sounds pissed at Ronnie for turning it into a size without quality game.

I would say Lee was one of the last classic if you will physique s

After Dorian bodybuilding would never be the same

Great attitude, personality and lived his talk, much respect

I would say Lee was one of the last classic if you will physique s

After Dorian bodybuilding would never be the same

Great attitude, personality and lived his talk, much respect
I agree. I think Dorian paved the way for Ronnie. I'm a fan of both, but as I age more I find myself appreciating more the build of Lee Haney.

I agree. I think Dorian paved the way for Ronnie. I'm a fan of both, but as I age more I find myself appreciating more the build of Lee Haney.
Same here

I respect Dorian and what he did, he overdid it though, not knowing when to back off, same with Ronnie

I'd rather look like Lee s physique than Dorians or Ronnie

I'm thirty nine btw and been bodybuilding eighteen years, competing for eleven, switched to classic when it came out

When he showed up to our gym, I must have been sixteen or seventeen. He was average height but his back width was just mind boggling. No one knew he was coming, he was just passing through and needed a workout. Didn't announce his presence or anything, just came in with his huge sweatshirt and started training. There were some pretty big dudes at that gym, but I'd never seen anyone that big in that type of shape before. Remember he was 250! Not exactly a lightweight by any means, but still had that tiny waist and ridiculous V taper. Said he rarely went over fifteen pounds from his stage weight.
what did he train that day?

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner