over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Lee Haney on Leg Development

Just looked it up and you're right.

Here's a hilarious video 🤣 He does rows about 4 minutes in.

I wonder if he did any deadlifts? I would assume probably just stiff leg deadlifts on leg day.

I just watched a video were Lee Haney said you will get no muscle growth from a negative part of a rep and it's all about the positive :eek:

Obviously completely wrong but many (especially older guys) would benefit greatly from his style of training. You don't have to lift massive weights to get great results. Now I have some issues I do train like this in parts but I will always push the weight even if that's in a higher rep range for many body parts. I like to combine both styles in the same workout.

Not to take anything away from any powerlifters, but the way most powerlifters squat is in a different stratosphere compared to the way Platz and Olympic weightlifters do their squats. They're almost like a completely different lift. Matt Wenning is/was an animal. He was a Westside guy and was no doubt one of the best in his prime but I don't think for a second he's spent any time doing Olympic Weightlifting style squats (why would he?). I guess my point is, hitting 500 for 23 hitting or getting just below parallel shooting your hips backs and leaning forward isn't nearly as hard as dropping straight down until your hams touch your calves and coming back up. Of course, the latter style will favor shorter lifters with shorter femurs shallow hip sockets. Most taller lifters will struggle with this style. Nevertheless, it's still much more difficult and I'll just make this one last point. If you took an OLY lifter and asked them to do a powerlifting style squat, I have no doubts they could hit incredibly high numbers immediately. If you took a powerlifter and asked them to do an OLY style squats, I have no doubts they'd struggle immensely and there'd be no carryover from their typical squatting style. That's not a knock on them either as their sport doesn't require that depth on squats.
Yea even doing 10-12 rep sets drops most PLs off at weights we do regularly if it’s ass to grass but as you said they only need to hit parallel so why. For me if I can’t lift a weight 8 times I can’t do it so if I say I did 405 on bench today I hit it 8 plus times bc for me that’s the rep range a weight is “mastered”

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws