over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Lesnar vs Couture

This fight will more than likely be a knockout or a decision. Why do you guys think Randy will submit Lesnar? First of all, Randy has fought 24 times. SUBMISSION WINS = 2. Last submission was an anaconda choke on Mike Van Arsdale and before that... 1997 rear naked choke on a guy that is 0-4 in his career.

Lesnar is too strong to be dominated by Couture submission wise. I think it's going to be a bloody mess for at least 3-4 rounds. From there, I have no idea.

This fight will more than likely be a knockout or a decision. Why do you guys think Randy will submit Lesnar? First of all, Randy has fought 24 times. SUBMISSION WINS = 2. Last submission was an anaconda choke on Mike Van Arsdale and before that... 1997 rear naked choke on a guy that is 0-4 in his career.

Lesnar is too strong to be dominated by Couture submission wise. I think it's going to be a bloody mess for at least 3-4 rounds. From there, I have no idea.

thinking on this, i honetly dont think many people are gonna have the strength to arm bar lesnar.. have you seen the guns on that boy? i can just picture a quinton jackson power slam.

this fight makes me think of bob sapp getting his eye kicked out by crocop...size doesnt always make the difference in mma.

thats funny i talked to Joe Rogan and he had nothing but good things to say about the guy,about him having no ground game shit atleast he has a submission ...now im not saying im a kimbo fan nor do i cheer him on,"the sport has to many cheerleaders as it is now a days",but what i am saying is give the guy his credit he came off the streets fighting in backyards then blew the fuck up...all i was simply saying earlier was kimbo & brock would be a better matchup period end of story but thats only my opinion....btw i talk to alot of people at the gym i train at gracie jiu~jitsu in torrance & from what i make of everyone talking shit about kimbo saying hes not a fighter is keep sipping on that hatorade cause anyone who has the balls to step in any octagon/cage/ring is a fighter imo...

Joe Rogan is probably saying that cause Kimbo is bringing in more fans to the sport. You can call Kimbo an "internet senstation." He already blew up before training MMA.

Also, he has no real ground game, so I can and will make fun of him cause hes not all that good. If he was UFC good right now, you can bet he would be in the UFC.

And I am not saying he is not a fighter. Fighter is way too broad of a word to say someone isnt one. And yea anyone with the balls to get into the octagon/cage/ring is def a fighter. I just dont think Kimbo is a mixed martial artist...I mean..what is he mixing? All he is, is a big brawler. Urijah Faber could take him down and submit him.

Also, when Kimbo blew up from his internet videos, he fought some random White cop and got beat.

Also, Lesnar would destroy Kimbo.Lesnar is def top 15, he fought Frank Mir (former UFC heavyweight champ and current contender) on his 2nd mma fight. Meanwhile, Kimbo is fighting Tank Abbot and Bo Cantrell (guys with negative records).

He has way too many holes in his game. James Thompson almost beat him on the ground, so you know guys like Fedor, Nog, Mir, Werdum, Velasquez and others would eat him alive on the floor. He hasnt fought anyone legit and he always gets help from the refs (when he tapped out against thompson and they didnt end the fight).

Its hard to believe that people on this thread are actually talking about lesnar Vs Kimbo as if Kimbo would have even the most remote possibility of winning.

Lesnar would murder Kimbo....plain and simple. ANyone who thinks Kimbo Vs Lesnar would be any kind of "match up" obviously has absolutley ZERO knowledge of MMA.

Kimbo is a puncher.....and hes not even that great of a puncher. Look at him against James thompson.Thompson is a notoriously shit fighter. Even at his "peak" he was shit. A decent 155 pounder could probably knock thompson out....yet Kimbo couldnt?? On the ground, he was horrific. My young niece is a better ground fighter than Kimbo. The ONLY reason he didnt get murdered on the ground is that Thompson is equally bad. I understand Kimbois only starting in the game, but nevetheless he is simply too far behind everyone else to catch up. DEspite training with Bas for some time he still looked like a complete amateur in his Thompson fight. Kimbos performance that night spoke volumes.

Lesnar, by contrast is FAR stronger...FAR more athletic than Kimbo. He would take Kimbo down in the blink of an eye and pound him until deaths door. Lesnar actually KNOWS how to wrestle. I would like to see him fight standing up though....but I'm quite sure he is better than Kimbo, who could not even put Thompson away.

As for having balls? Sure, Kimbo has balls.......but what has that got to do with anything? Plenty of people have the balls to get in the Octagon, but that doesnt make them good fighters...and it doesnt mean I should give them props. Sure, balls are important but you also gotta be able to fight.....which Kimbo cant. MMA is about ONE THING: being a good fighter (not balls) and if your not a good fighter than you wont get respect....plain and simple. If you are not a good fighter then having balls is irrelevant.

seriously, enough talk of Kimbo Vs Lesnar. ANyone with an ounce of knowledge knows the idea is absolutley absurd....and this thread is about Lesnar vs couture anyway.

Last edited:
So many people arent giving Lesnar the credit he deserves for what he has accomplished this far. He was put into a fight with the former heavyweight champ with no experience in the cage before, and we all seen how that transition worked out for many of the pride fighters. He fought with emotion and uncontrolled and tapped to a knee bar that wasnt anywhere near sunk in.

In his second fight he dominated Heath Herring like ive never seen him dominated before. Heath has fought many of the greatest heavyweights and in most of the fights at least had his opponent in trouble. He didnt even as much as touch Brock. Two fights ago Heath basically knocked out the current champ with a head kick. If it had been most anyone but Big Nog at the time the fight wouldve probably been stopped at that point, but everyone knows his ability to comeback from what looks like being down and out.

Also, Lesnar is getting some criticism for not taking Heaths back and trying to finish the fight, but several things come into play here. First, Brock is 0-1 in the UFC and the pressure of getting a win in this fight is much greater than his first fight. It wouldve been much harder to market him at 0-2 then 1-1 and chalking the first one up to inexperience. Secondly, go back and watch the Herring vs Nogueira fight and see what happened when Big Nog took heaths back. He reversed it and ended up on top more than once, and he is world class jiu-jitsu. This would be the worst case for Lesnar. Heath was probably baiting him to try to take his back so he could attempt a reversal.

With all that being said Im pulling for Randy in this one. I think Brock's main chance is to put Randy on his back and try to out point him to a decision.

this fight makes me think of bob sapp getting his eye kicked out by crocop...size doesnt always make the difference in mma.

But athleticism does. Sapp was a typical muscular black dude, but without agility. Lesnar is an athlete first. HUGE difference.

I really don't think that Lesnar has earned the right to fight someone like Coutore but it's a good draw and business is business. Couture will embarrass Lesnar.

So many people arent giving Lesnar the credit he deserves for what he has accomplished this far.

credit for what? what has he accomplished? Randy Couture is an accomplished fighter, not this guy, I don't think he'll ever accomplish what Couture has.

credit for what? what has he accomplished? Randy Couture is an accomplished fighter, not this guy, I don't think he'll ever accomplish what Couture has.

the guy went 106-5 as a college wrestler, national champ and all american. hes no slouch.

and Couture was a 3 time NCAA Division 1 All American, an Olympic finalist, and of course a UFC Champion

LESNERS GROUND GAME SUCKS.. sorry guys but, when you have herrings back for 90% of the fight and cant submit him or even get your hooks in to flatten him out, that is sad.. hering is not even in the top 10 of fighters any more.. lesner has power no doubt.. but, he better work on his ground and pound and submissions.. lesner is not getting this fight because he is good.. he is getting this fight because he is a name draw.. he has a name.. he beat hering.. big deal guys..

...in 2 different weight classes. I know Lesnars a big dude but I just feel like there's too much hype on him.

the guy went 106-5 as a college wrestler, national champ and all american. hes no slouch.

dont forget former WWE champ.and hes probably made more $ than coutrue.isnt that what its about anyway?$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

LESNERS GROUND GAME SUCKS.. sorry guys but, when you have herrings back for 90% of the fight and cant submit him or even get your hooks in to flatten him out, that is sad.. hering is not even in the top 10 of fighters any more.. lesner has power no doubt.. but, he better work on his ground and pound and submissions.. lesner is not getting this fight because he is good.. he is getting this fight because he is a name draw.. he has a name.. he beat hering.. big deal guys..

I think his ground game far from sucks. Are you talking about on his back, because we havent even seen that yet, but Im sure its weak. Again, taking Herrings back and putting the hooks in woldve been the wrong thing to do in this situation for Brock. Did you see the Herring vs Nogueira fight? Is so you would understand. Nog took his back on two or three occasions and Herring reversed it and ended up on top. Nog is among the best of the best so he definately wouldnt have had any trouble reversing Brock. The main chance that Heath had was getting Brock on his back. He was also instructed to keep the dominate side position.

As far as accomplishments, I didnt mean mma. If Brock wouldve come straight from college wrestling to mma he would be considered one of the top propects, but the WWE career somehow altered how many view his talents.

With that being said again I think Randy will win, but he better keep brock from putting him on his back.

I would have to disagree.

He is VERY dominant on the ground. True, he has no submissions....but he is dominant in terms of establishing control. His takedowns ae excellent and I would have a hard time seeing any of the top heavyweights defending against those takedowns. While he did not submit herring, he was so dominant that hering could do absolutley nothing when Brock took him down. I'm quite sure that Brock could have made mince-meat of herrings face from that position but he had been instructed to be very very cautious in the fight and didnt really attempt any significant ground and pound. Its not that he couldnt turn Herrings lights out....it's that he didnt really try. Theres no way Brock could afford to lose a second fight so he was being extra cautious and was quite happy to just establish control over herring and not launch any all out attacks.

Also, his ground and pound far from sucks. Prior to making a silly mistake in the Mir fight and exposing his leg for Mir to latch on to, he was putting a serious beat down on Mir's face. Fom my perspective, his ground and pound looked pretty damn good.

Last edited:
I know this fight is about the name & draw...but I'd really like to see Mir or Nog get the fight with Randy 1st....Brock just doesn't deserve it, even more so I'd hate to see some fluke where he somehow actually wins(I think Randy will embarrass him, but You never know he is up in yrs & had alot of injuries):rolleyes:

guys.. lets look at his record.. lost to mir by submission.. could not finish herrin even though herrin was hurt most of the fight from the right hand in the first.. could not submit him or even finish him with ground and pound.. hell, even the commentators were w little confused.. but, built him up after the fight.. now, i am not saying he is a aweful fighter, but lets not put him on randys level after two or three fights.. and i am sorry but, if you have someone's back for 90% of the fight and cant either pound him out or submit him (or hell even try) you either dont trust your skills or are afraid to trust your skills.. herrins fight was a boring fight after the knock down.. they, the ufc , are giving this fight based on lesners name.. he is a name draw.. butm, he is not randy.. randy is getting old but, will not fall for the rush in take down of lesner.. herrin and mir are one thing.. randy is another.. the show boating has got to stop also.. he comes across as a goof...

I cant wait to see this One!
Id Never bet against Couture, I would however bet against Lessnar.
So far he looks to be a One trick Pony (as rampage would say lol)
M*Fer is so Big And strong though that may be all he needs:eek:
Should be interesting.

I see (Or HOPE to see) Couture Putting his Bigass on his back and Pounding him out. Ref stop in Rd2

Staff online

• Bio
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner