over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Let's see where people are really at

Let's see where people really stand

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I competed 13 times from age 20-24, then I took an 8 year lay-off and had a little comeback last September. I'm gonna do the same show I did last year with hopes of improving. Even though I have qualified for nationals several times in the past and have 2 Overall titles and never placed worse than third since I was 21, I never put the peddle to the medal to see what I can do if I pushed the envelope. I'm now doing insulin for the first time and loving it! But I'm still not doing what I believe to know what it takes to be a top caliber comoetitor.

The reason why I never pushed it? Well, to be totally honest, I knew that I could never be top 10 in the world. I knew that in bodybuilding you have to be at the top to make good money, so it just isn't worth it. Unless I'm gonna make a half million or more a year doing this, it's not worth risking my health. Even if I knew that I was gonna make $150,000 a year doing this, its still not worth it to me, not nearly enough money to risk health.

And the last reason why....is that I'm a pussy. Remember when Dante was calling people out a few days ago and asked if we knew that we could take a bunch of drugs and go pro why wouldn't we? Then he asked "what? are you guys pussies?" lol, yes Dante, I'm a pussy, I didn't want to risk my health and take what I believe it takes to be a top pro!

I will continue to compete using the doses I'm comfortable with until I turn 40, then I've made a promise to my wife and family that for the sake of my family and possible health risks doing what I currently do, I will stop and just continue with hrt doses. This is a lifestyle and a hobby, not a total way of life. There is a difference between a "lifestyle" and a "way of life". Bodybuilding is part of my life, but bodybuilding isn't my life...big difference.[/QUOTE}

DNA,This is the post of the thread for me. It isn't that your a pussy it is that you realize the risk vs reward. Many don't.

It was said earlier that if you don't compete, your not a bodybuilder. I don't agree because you still can push yourself to new best and new limits every year. Besides bodybuilding is still a individual sport where you very much compete against yourself. Also, turn 40 and see if the bug is still biting.

I've never competed. I rowed in college a bit then realized I had no interest in the sport and quit. I lift mostly for myself and take supplements to better myself more than to compete in anything. I'm open to competing in the future but that's a bit of a ways off.

The reason why I never pushed it? Well, to be totally honest, I knew that I could never be top 10 in the world. I knew that in bodybuilding you have to be at the top to make good money, so it just isn't worth it. Unless I'm gonna make a half million or more a year doing this, it's not worth risking my health. Even if I knew that I was gonna make $150,000 a year doing this, its still not worth it to me, not nearly enough money to risk health.

This mindset always baffled me and I never quite understood it. What that reads to me is "I don't want to risk my health for so little money but if you pay me enough then it would be worth getting sick and maybe even die." Dead is dead whether you made a million dollars or 1 dollar.

I competed 13 times from age 20-24, then I took an 8 year lay-off and had a little comeback last September. I'm gonna do the same show I did last year with hopes of improving. Even though I have qualified for nationals several times in the past and have 2 Overall titles and never placed worse than third since I was 21, I never put the peddle to the medal to see what I can do if I pushed the envelope. I'm now doing insulin for the first time and loving it! But I'm still not doing what I believe to know what it takes to be a top caliber comoetitor.

And the last reason why....is that I'm a pussy. Remember when Dante was calling people out a few days ago and asked if we knew that we could take a bunch of drugs and go pro why wouldn't we? Then he asked "what? are you guys pussies?" lol, yes Dante, I'm a pussy, I didn't want to risk my health and take what I believe it takes to be a top pro!

I will continue to compete using the doses I'm comfortable with until I turn 40, then I've made a promise to my wife and family that for the sake of my family and possible health risks doing what I currently do, I will stop and just continue with hrt doses. This is a lifestyle and a hobby, not a total way of life. There is a difference between a "lifestyle" and a "way of life". Bodybuilding is part of my life, but bodybuilding isn't my life...big difference.

Excellent post!!!

I will continue to compete using the doses I'm comfortable with until I turn 40, then I've made a promise to my wife and family that for the sake of my family and possible health risks doing what I currently do, I will stop and just continue with hrt doses. This is a lifestyle and a hobby, not a total way of life. There is a difference between a "lifestyle" and a "way of life". Bodybuilding is part of my life, but bodybuilding isn't my life...big difference.[/QUOTE}

DNA,This is the post of the thread for me. It isn't that your a pussy it is that you realize the risk vs reward. Many don't.

It was said earlier that if you don't compete, your not a bodybuilder. I don't agree because you still can push yourself to new best and new limits every year. Besides bodybuilding is still a individual sport where you very much compete against yourself. Also, turn 40 and see if the bug is still biting.

good post , but-
I am not sure you understood Dante at all.

This mindset always baffled me and I never quite understood it. What that reads to me is "I don't want to risk my health for so little money but if you pay me enough then it would be worth getting sick and maybe even die." Dead is dead whether you made a million dollars or 1 dollar.

I see where you are coming from but keep in mind that DNA might be saying that there is a line he isn't willing to cross. Again people do have to measure risk vs reward.

i would love to compete...but i'm on the taller side...and well no that's a cop out...i don't have the disapline for dieting...so i do it for my job....have to be strong to do what i do...i also love to look good

I competed and placed 2nd in my first show after a 12 week bulk cycle, time off and then a 14 week cut cycle. First and 2nd cycles respectively. Prepping for Jr's at the moment.

To those who compete, I am guessing the biggest change in getting ready for comps came down to eating. How much of your supplementation and training change or did they change at all?

Did 4 contests back in the late 80's, then I stopped competing, did a small cycle when i thought i was loosing a bit of hardness, maintained with tribulus and 6oxo, then when I turned 45...was looking at pics of myself said wtf happen to me, now 6 years later i'm in the best shape of my life and ready to do it again.

I compete in strongman - or at least I did a couple years ago, and plan on doing so again, if I can get over some health issues. I'd lifted off and on for a number of years, never competed, and then got to a point where it seemed like the thing to do, for a number of reasons, at age 47.

It was a personal revelation. Competing clarified my training; suddenly, everything became so much clearer. I understood I have strengths, and I understood that I have weaknesses, and I understood that training is about hitting goals, addressing weaknesses, and being smart enough about it to recover fully and keep doing it.

The day of competition is like no other. I'm blessed to have had the opportunity to compete.

I have competed in the past..but since two back surgeries, I am down about 40lbs to only 240lbs... and legs look like crap, can't go heavy anymore and training is very specialized. I still dream one day I will be able to again, but my wife is more concerned with me staying healthy..blahh. :)

I have competed in the past..but since two back surgeries, I am down about 40lbs to only 240lbs... and legs look like crap, can't go heavy anymore and training is very specialized. I still dream one day I will be able to again, but my wife is more concerned with me staying healthy..blahh. :)

Only 240 ....:mad::D

competed for the first time a couple months ago, came second. the diet is hell and you suffer for a while but stepping on stage was one of the most fulfilling moments of my life. cant wait to compete next year!

I've been an athlete (College and pro) my whole life and when I retired from professional baseball lifting/training filled the void and kept me sane.

I've been an athlete (College and pro) my whole life and when I retired from professional baseball lifting/training filled the void and kept me sane.

Great point here. A great majority of my clients are in a similar boat. They haven't competed in anything physical in years and all of the sudden they can try to improve on performance and get a competitive edge going within themselves again. Makes people feel alive again and also gets some testosterone circulating again.

I have competed since 2000. Started competing nationally in 2004 but haven't since 08 due to a major bump in the road. I am thinking of getting back on stage again but right now I'm just trying to build myself back up again.

To those who compete, I am guessing the biggest change in getting ready for comps came down to eating. How much of your supplementation and training change or did they change at all?

The change in supplements isn't about how much...its what you supplement with, needs to be dry supplements. Honestly I'd say Diet =50% of results, the training and supplements prob split the other 50% of result equally, 25% each...that's national qualifier level, i'm sure supplements are more important at the higher levels.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131