over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Lifting/Diet Log

Your log looks good. I am betting with a better DIET, you would make even better changes.

Your log looks good. I am betting with a better DIET, you would make even better changes.

This comment is super motivating! I don't have a training partner or crew at my gym (in fact for the past year and a half all of my training has been out of a power rack). At times this is depressing because all of this work is so isolated and nobody other than me even knows I do this. So your feedback feels great! I am open to plenty of suggestions! What would you suggest?

I got to my current size using a typical bbing style diet. Honestly (seriously no lie here) ate 1 cup of brown rice or oats and 8 oz of chicken 5x ed with protein shakes post workout and a carbo force and banana for 3 solid years. I got so sick of this and quit the perma bulking mode and have been doing a targeted keto diet ever since. I get most of my calories from fats to make up for the low carbs and do have quite a bit of sugar now pre and post workout. Honestly man, yeah I can see how my diet looks bad just from this log with all the crap carbs and shakes. I can improve, but I am just tired. My bloodwork is fantastic (especially lipids and glucose) so from a health standpoint my diet is ok, but I probably could clean it up.

So I haven't updated in a while... There was a horrible deadlift session that got interrupted so I won't even write it. Also, had a crappy speed bench and back session too. I won't bother writing that either and diet has been mostly keto minus pre and post workout carbs. I'll have a solid post coming tomorrow where I try to 5x5+ 10lbs over my bodyweight on standing strict press!

M1: Protein
M2: Protein
M3: 5 whole eggs, 5 pieces of turkey bacon
Pre: Tortilla Chips (w/ no preservatives just corn, oil, and salt) w/ 1 can tuna, lasagna, and small cup of ice cream, Protein
45min Post: Burritos, ice cream (never makes me fat - I respond to post workout carbs phenomenally - wouldn't recommend to most)
Pre bed: Protein, peanut butter on wheat ritz.

Training was shoulders/speed bench/ arms:

Standing strict press:
Barx5
95x5
135x5
160x5
185x5
205x5x5 PR - This is 5x5ing 10lbs over my bodyweight. I bet I'm good for 225x15 right now carbed up and fresh.
135x20
135x15

Speed long pause bench - working on speed and technique:
barx5
95x5
135x5
185x5x5

Behind the neck press on smith machine - slow controlled reps:
185x5x5 - yes IK this isn't actually 185lbs but the weights "appear" that way so I write it like that

Dips for triceps
BWx30x3

Dumbell curls:
5 sets varying weight

Pushdowns:
10 sets varying weights

Hammer curls:
6 sets up to 70x10 each arm

Jump rope x 1000 reps

Squat day:

Squats:
135x5
135x5
225x5
315x5
405x2
465x1
455x6 - Had 2 more in me at least. I made this set look like a joke. Super excited

Squats with 50lbs of chain around my neck:
315+chains x 5 x 5 sets
225+chains x10 (all paused)

Medicine ball leg raises:
4 sets x 25-30 reps

Diet was keto minus pre oats and cereal and backloading with spaghetti and bread.

Yesterday was an off day and today I did chest. Session sucked. The only thing of note was a 245x13 bench which still sucks haha. I've noticed that on my new diet and training I sometimes feel overtrained and like I've eaten too many carbs. I'm thinking about adopting a more major lift day or accessory day mindset where on the major lift days I can just do the major life minus 20 minutes or so of burnout accessory work (or none at all) and then have high volume days where I go nuts. Additionally, I'm planning on cleaning up my diet a little and experimenting with a different brand berberine again. I'm getting stronger, but could make the same gains and stay leaner (haven't gained any fat yet, but I know my body and I would if I kept up like this). Hopefully I can optimize my training/diet and truly stay shredded and make gains at the same time.

So this is coming from an iPhone so I'll be brief.

5 day update:
Friday: shit bench session... 245x13 and then 225 volume and left.
Saturday and Sunday: off and keto
Monday: keto until training. Deadlifted and hit a huge beltless pr 435x15! 700 is coming soon! After that I did stiff legged deficits 5x5x365 followed up my block pulls with 500x5 for several sets. All of this was sans belt. I was destroyed after that and finished with 5x10 on the lat pull down.
Tuesday: shoulders: military standing 170x10x5. Goal on next course months is to hit a volume pr of bwx10x5. Followed that up with floor presses up to325 and then5x5 of 250. Holy shit my triceps are my weakness in bench. I'm super pumped I decided to add these in. Did paused speed reps with 175 on the flat bench after that and ended with arms and abs.

Training is going great. I've decided ice cream is king my stomach and popcorn is a great pre workout (home made with no bs in it).

So I read a facebook post by George Leeman today that really resonated with me. He said he wished he could get back to hating himself so that he could go back to having no friends and no support and just punish himself through training.

I'm a firm believer that exuberance doesn't produce and I began training and a number of other things in my life (like insane obsession with grades in high school and college - 4.3 college gpa in mathematics at a major public university bitches) because I hated shortcomings in my life and thought that I could get positive attention if I stood out in other areas. These aren't serious shortcomings, but just general things like being shy or growing slower than all the other kids at school - basic stuff like that. Now that things are good (career, positive female attention, ect...) it is harder to train. I still love it, but it hasn't been the same. For the first time in years, I have that same bug I had that allowed me to bulk for years without regard to anything else.

Additionally, I read a similar quote from a guy who wrote into the Chaos and Pain greatest strength athlete contest. It read, "What else makes Klokov a total badass? The fact that he gives exactly zero fucks. This is the guy who decided to throw 4 years of training out the door and drop out of the London Olympics because he wanted to run another cycle. This is the guy who decided he’d fuck around with Crossfit out of what can only be assumed is boredom with his own sport. He then goes and does a bunch of seminars for American lifters who are all too busy bitching about USADA to actually lift anything heavy."

That is absolute gold. Not giving a single fuck is the absolute warrior mentality combined with a risk taking personality. I'm truly convinced of this. Nearly every powerlifting record holder has tattoos, binge drinks, and generally takes lots of risks. I read an article detailing the daily habits of intellectuals and polymaths like Tesla, Leibnitz, ect and they all did seemingly risky activities. I'm not advocating stupid acts, but I'm saying that the mentality that allows people to push the edge of humanity and become transhuman also has side effects and one of those is taking risks.

John Haack just broke the drug tested world record for 181 raw (wraps and no wraps and did it without wraps) with a 1708 total. He missed the all time wrapless record (ie including non tested) held by Ben Puccio by 2 lbs. He smoked a 2nd attempt of 679 (I believe) and could have taken the record if he hadn't gone for 705 on his third. The guy didn't give a fuck about the record though. He wanted to get 705 because he missed it at RUM 7. This is just one example of not caring.

Not much to update. I'm going to clean up the diet a little. I have no desire for junk food right now so I'm going to use it as an opportunity to recomp. I'll be hitting a 545 squat for reps, 635 beltless dead, and 225 for 10+ reps over head press in the next month all at under 195. Should be fun. I think I can pause 365 on bench too, but we will see.

So I deadlifted yesterday. I had a nice chipotle lunch about 3 hours prior and was carb loaded and ready to go when I hit the gym.

Deadlift - working set was off a defecit:
135x5
225x5
315x5
405x2
455x2
500x1
Threw a belt on and pulled from a defecit of 2 inches... 500x8

I had more in me so I was very happy with this set - I think I can double 635 easy off a deficit right now.

More Deficit pulls:
455x2x5

Hamstring curls:
4 sets of increasing weight

Weighted hanging leg raises:
5 sets

750 reps on the jump rope.

Ok so I've been very busy lately.

I trained shoulders and arms a couple days back. The only thing of note was a 185x7x5 standing strict press. I followed that up with super light paused benches, floor presses, behind the neck smith machine seated presses, and a bunch of arms.

I also squatted two days ago. I worked up to an incredibly easy 500x1. I followed that with 315x5x5 and some abs.

My plan on squats is to stay light (under 500) until I can hit 455-475x10 and then peak that to 600+. There's no real secret to squatting once your technique is perfect for you(ie comfortable and maximizes leverages) - you just squat and recover and repeat.

I'm liking staying in the higher reps on my lifts for now. I'm planning on hitting a big deficit deadlift soon and then staying light there too.

I've had a chest and deadlift session since my last post.

Chest:

Bench:
barx5
95x5
135x5
185x5
225x5
265x2
265x2
265x2
275x2
285x2
275x2
185x10
135x10

Floor Presses
up to 225x5

Pushdowns

Abs
Hanging leg raises

I really need to get my bench up. I think I can't see my progress because of all the volume I'm doing. Nonetheless, I'm considering starting a 5x5 style program.

Deadlift day:

Deadlift (off a plate deficit):
135x5
225x5
315x2
405x2
495x1
545x4
500x3
500x3
500x3

45 deg reverse hypers
135x12x3

Leg curls
3 sets x 15 reps

Leg extensions
4 sets x 15 reps

Abs
Hanging leg raises

It's been a while since I've updated. I started a very demanding graduate program and battling insomnia so I've been up to my eyeballs. But that's just the way life is sometimes :) Anyway, I'll just hit some of the highlights (good and bad) from recent weeks...

Bodyweight is right around 200 in the gym - I'm up about 5 lbs, but still very lean.

I've been taking it very easy on deadlifting and back training because of a very sore lower back. I think it is finally healed up and I hope to hit 675-700+ very soon.

I hit a 455x10 squat recently.

Also hit 315x5 and 335x3 all paused bench with LOTS left in the tank. 405 is mine soon.

For the next 3-4 weeks I'm not watching calories or carbs and just going for a 605-405-705 gym total @200 lbs. After I hit those, I'll cut down to 190 and become a better 190 and start all over. That way I keep everything fun and have mini goals to hit on my way to my ultimate goals.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131