advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Little different... I want to get smaller...

One other thing: After many years of making sure I got 50 grams of protein every 3 hours, I am sick of the hassle.

Now, I train in the evening, get at least 60 plus grams of solid food protein and another 60 powdered protein before going to bed.

I then get 60 more for breakfast/lunch and after that I don't get a lot, I am tired of the trouble. I just snack on what's available, usually more carb than protein.

not sure about the mystery in this...

less food+ less drugs=less you

lol

the rest of the variables are individual and should be addressed based on individual goals and needs...

if health is the motivation I would eat in a way to make myself more insulin sensitive.

in general less calories is more healthy.
I mean... I don't think its a mystery lol, just something different to talk about. I think its been touched on pretty well but the diet and training should be a tad different.

I get much better separation training with higher reps so it should improve my look. Training just once a week per muscle should be sufficient to maintain as much as I can on a low dose of test.

I trained yesterday and just did what I wanted. It felt good, I was just training for fun. Didn't do a set of less than 10 reps.

Hey Tri,
been on trt dose for 5 years now. every now and then do a short run of npp but not often. Recently hammering cardio for my MMA, still train to failure and have been dieting, down to 260 first time since 95 ish. Lean, strong and feel great. Just take it slow and get lean that helps.

I wrote a whole bunch of shit and erased it lol.

Look, I'm 37 and I have a bunch of muscle but I'm also much fatter than I'd like to be.
I want/need a lifestyle change for a while. I need to clean my diet up, permanently, I need to do more cardio, and I've cut back on gear, but maybe I need to cut back more.

Any recomendations?
I'm 5'11", about 255 right now, probably 18%BF. maybe more, who cares it's almost irrelevant, I'm fatter than I want to be period and bigger than I want to be right now.

I'd like to get down to 220, maybe less and be lean, mobile, healthy. I don't need a "diet" per say, I need to change my dietary habits period. I'm leaning towards doing low carbs on M-F, not counting calories but limiting carbs to 50g a day or less and focusing on meat and veggies. Kinda anabolic diet or paleo style, and relaxing a bit on the weekends.

Probably weight train 3 days a week to keep some muscle but focus more on the pump and higher reps although still training hard.

I've always liked riding bicycles, both road and MTB, so I'm thinking about getting new mountain bike and riding as much as I can.

Thoughts?

I was in a similar boat as you a few years ago, I was 310 and over the years my abs had blurred my face had changed etc.
Went to the doc one day and asked him about the extreme distension I had and he told me it was visceral fat, that once you get into your mid 30's and beyond when you gain fat your body lays down fat around the organs.

Anyway long story short after researching the fat and tying it together with some symptoms I had had and the vast amount of inflammation that the fat can place on the body's system through cytokines and other chemicals released. I decided to diet. To me diet has always been 90% of fat loss.
I went through and logged my diet and it was almost 6000 calories, now that would be ok say 5 years ago maybe 10, but over the years injuries have taken their toll, and some of the heavy free weight work has been replaced by machines. And it's a helluva difference between machine rows than bb rows. I used to burn through 5-6,000 cals pretty fast, but not these days.
I cut down to 3500, and removed anything that came in a box or packaged that wasn't raw. Removed beef added chicken fish, dumped diet sodas etc I started the diet in Late March and my goal was to be down to 260 lbs by July. I stayed on the diet for 6 months and lost 70 lbs. Never changed one damn thing I trained the same did the same cadio and ate pretty much the excat same diet and the pounds just kept coming off.

good luck and keep us posted

I was in a similar boat as you a few years ago, I was 310 and over the years my abs had blurred my face had changed etc.
Went to the doc one day and asked him about the extreme distension I had and he told me it was visceral fat, that once you get into your mid 30's and beyond when you gain fat your body lays down fat around the organs.

Anyway long story short after researching the fat and tying it together with some symptoms I had had and the vast amount of inflammation that the fat can place on the body's system through cytokines and other chemicals released. I decided to diet. To me diet has always been 90% of fat loss.
I went through and logged my diet and it was almost 6000 calories, now that would be ok say 5 years ago maybe 10, but over the years injuries have taken their toll, and some of the heavy free weight work has been replaced by machines. And it's a helluva difference between machine rows than bb rows. I used to burn through 5-6,000 cals pretty fast, but not these days.
I cut down to 3500, and removed anything that came in a box or packaged that wasn't raw. Removed beef added chicken fish, dumped diet sodas etc I started the diet in Late March and my goal was to be down to 260 lbs by July. I stayed on the diet for 6 months and lost 70 lbs. Never changed one damn thing I trained the same did the same cadio and ate pretty much the excat same diet and the pounds just kept coming off.

good luck and keep us posted

I'll bet you feel 100 times better too.

My advice is to stay off the scales and just worry about what you look and feel like. The scales will mess with your head because you'll (most likely) discover that you are even fatter than you think you are. This is why it took me so long to lose down to a healthy weight. I would think that I needed to lose down to a particular weight, only to find out that I was still fat at that weight. Bottom line...I wound up losing 50 pounds before I was able to honestly say I am cut. I can skip a few well placed meals and pop a 20mg lasix and be pretty much ripped in a week, if necessary. Being huge is over rated. There's a reason why it feels so uncomfortable to be big.

You know the answer and it's quite simple... less food, more cardio, less drugs and just trying to eat well.

Personally I would eat when you are hungry and try to include a lot of fruit and vegetables into your diet with lean sources of protein. Include good sources of fats such as free range whole eggs, avocados, nuts and certain oils. Nice and simple and never over eating and no stressing about diet.

Train hard but try and improve cardiovascular health through different forms of cardio and fast paced workouts. Take a simple stack of gear that is non toxic and your body has always responded to well. Blasts like 200-300mg test and 400-500mg primo sound about right. Cruise on 20mg test p ed (or 40mg test e eod) in between blasts.

A few carefully selected supplements to improve overall health, blood work and sense of well being.

You know the answer and it's quite simple... less food, more cardio, less drugs and just trying to eat well.

Personally I would eat when you are hungry and try to include a lot of fruit and vegetables into your diet with lean sources of protein. Include good sources of fats such as free range whole eggs, avocados, nuts and certain oils. Nice and simple and never over eating and no stressing about diet.

Train hard but try and improve cardiovascular health through different forms of cardio and fast paced workouts. Take a simple stack of gear that is non toxic and your body has always responded to well. Blasts like 200-300mg test and 400-500mg primo sound about right. Cruise on 20mg test p ed (or 40mg test e eod) in between blasts.

A few carefully selected supplements to improve overall health, blood work and sense of well being.

Dude your giving advise? you have to be BIG once to get smaller....

Well I finally got a bike yesterday so its really on now. Im down to like 252 atm

I mean... I don't think its a mystery lol, just something different to talk about. I think its been touched on pretty well but the diet and training should be a tad different.

I get much better separation training with higher reps so it should improve my look. Training just once a week per muscle should be sufficient to maintain as much as I can on a low dose of test.

I trained yesterday and just did what I wanted. It felt good, I was just training for fun. Didn't do a set of less than 10 reps.

I always train pretty high rep, like pretty much never into single digits, and I have made my self a smaller prettier person... lol

I figured much healthier as I get older to be lean and less then 250 rather then puffier and over 250 all the time...

I have really focused on trying to touch numbers close to that at low bf while on low doses.

not glamorous but I have fun with it.

Look, I'm 37 and I have a bunch of muscle but I'm also much fatter than I'd like to be.
I want/need a lifestyle change for a while. I need to clean my diet up, permanently, I need to do more cardio, and I've cut back on gear, but maybe I need to cut back more.

Any recomendations?
I'm 5'11", about 255 right now, probably 18%BF. maybe more, who cares it's almost irrelevant, I'm fatter than I want to be period and bigger than I want to be right now.

I'd like to get down to 220, maybe less and be lean, mobile, healthy. I don't need a "diet" per say, I need to change my dietary habits period. I'm leaning towards doing low carbs on M-F, not counting calories but limiting carbs to 50g a day or less and focusing on meat and veggies. Kinda anabolic diet or paleo style, and relaxing a bit on the weekends.

Probably weight train 3 days a week to keep some muscle but focus more on the pump and higher reps although still training hard.

I've always liked riding bicycles, both road and MTB, so I'm thinking about getting new mountain bike and riding as much as I can.

Thoughts?
My focus would be on cardio (lots, cycling is great), cutting out carbs to the point of focusing on never spiking blood sugar levels, and keeping them completely level all day. (I'll elaborate on this, my mom is a dietician that focuses strictly on blood sugar levels and insulin response), her clients eat alot but it's a huge transition initially with what products to avoid and what to eat instead.) Veggies veggies veggies. Avoid fruit high in sugar. (I'll pm you).

Then intense, high rep (but still heavy) fast paced workouts

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I feel the same way man. Time to switch gears and think a little more long term. Subscribed

Well I finally got a bike yesterday so its really on now. Im down to like 252 atm

As soon as your putting miles of trails, or an hour of technical stuff. A few times a week, the weight comes off.

So what do you guys think about splitting my training week up into like 5 days?
Like chest/back/legs/delts/bis and tris?
Doing pretty short but intense workouts? That would get me in the gym most days and I could do a little cardio too. Right now I'm doing a 3 day split, but I was thinking that getting a little work in on most days might be beneficial?

When focusing on lagging parts, my solution is to split in this manner. It's easier to add in the lagging part when I feel it can handle more work than trying to work the are based on a rotation. Also, this keeps more focus on my target area, as well clears my mind.

Before you were doing a 3 day split. 3 on 1 off rotation, or only 3 days lifting. Confused here. Thanks :)

(Where ya been, by the way? Haven't seen you post in a while)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So what do you guys think about splitting my training week up into like 5 days?
Like chest/back/legs/delts/bis and tris?
Doing pretty short but intense workouts? That would get me in the gym most days and I could do a little cardio too. Right now I'm doing a 3 day split, but I was thinking that getting a little work in on most days might be beneficial?

personally I do not like putting big muscle groups together.

I also like to keep workouts to around an hour, or less.

rest is still very important.

I think once you are just on a small amount if test and lean it really you wont worry about the size thing, unless you are really heavily muscled.

I train on a 4 day split:

mon, chest shoulder
tues, back
wed off
thurs, legs
fri, arms

Monday and Tuesday are like secondary work outs for tir and bi, as they get a little indirect work.

Friday chest and shoulders get a little work.

that recovery day in the middle is super important for me, with it I can hit the gym hard and make progress.

usually I go for a walk first thing in the morning.

I stay low double digit to high single digit bf year round, I eat generally what I want, in the winter I eat lots of shit food, I have a little wine on most weekends.

this keeps me generally 225-240 on 300mg or less test per week. no other aas of gh/ peptides, to be solid single digit and 230+ I need a lil something more in terms of peds. I am a fat guy traditionally so being that lean for me has taken some work.

When focusing on lagging parts, my solution is to split in this manner. It's easier to add in the lagging part when I feel it can handle more work than trying to work the are based on a rotation. Also, this keeps more focus on my target area, as well clears my mind.

Before you were doing a 3 day split. 3 on 1 off rotation, or only 3 days lifting. Confused here. Thanks :)

(Where ya been, by the way? Haven't seen you post in a while)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well I've been focusing on getting fat... that's where I've been lol.
I keep telling myself I'm going to get busy but for one reason or another I don't get to it.

I started out training 3 days a week a couple weeks ago just to get going. I'd love to do 3 on 1 off but its hard with my work schedule. Thats why I was thinking about a 5 day split, that way I could I could train in 30 to 45 min and be out. I could work that into my schedule.

Hope you don't have a super crazy appetite because you basically need to starve to pull it off.

Hope you don't have a super crazy appetite because you basically need to starve to pull it off.

Not at all actually. When I get lean I will be hungry all the time but right now I can eat once or twice a day. So that's exactly what I've been doing.

I had a shake before bed this morning after work, made a smoothie before I went to the gym with 8oz almond milk, 3/4 cup mixed berries, 1 scoop protein, and 1 tablespoon PB. This was at like 1530, then I went to the gym. Trained arms for 40 minutes, went home and had a chicken salad sandwich and some green tea.

Tonight at work I'll have a shake, and some more chicken salad with a couple ounces shredded cheese.

You sound like you already know...

Any recomendations?

Thoughts?

Doesn't sound like you really need advice. You know your situation, are realistic, understand nutrition, and have a good plan for training frequency. Riding, walking, hiking, etc., are definitely good ways to sort of "reprogram" your body to be more movement oriented, more athletic, rather than just big and powerful.

Bodybuilders know that to get big, really big, we have to eat a lot more protein than normal people. It works, no matter what the skinny nutrition experts think. So to peel protein off, it's just the opposite. Go practically vegetarian and you'll feel pretty darn good, your digestive track will thrive, and you'll see your body shrink, but not turn to mush. Control the reduction by tracking your body fat, measurements, and weight, and adjust your daily protein intake so you gradually reduce your overall size. Be methodical.

Last thing, you know who did just this, and looks great IMO, even into his 60
's? Dave Draper. Check out some of his pictures in his 50's and 60's. He is lean and looks awesome.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
808Labs
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131