Lower Back Pain

biglizard225

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
Anyone here get this?

I've always gotten a little inflammation once year but was able to push threw it and it would chill after a week or two.

The past 2 weeks my lower back right above my glute muscle where the back joins the glute is in excruciating pain. I've been trying everything with no relief. I can barely take the ride to work in the morning before getting nauseous from the pain. It's just a dull kinda cramping feeling.

I'm praying this shit chills out because it's hindering me with the gym and daily life as well. Anyone have any suggestions? I'm desperate

Anyone here get this?

I've always gotten a little inflammation once year but was able to push threw it and it would chill after a week or two.

The past 2 weeks my lower back right above my glute muscle where the back joins the glute is in excruciating pain. I've been trying everything with no relief. I can barely take the ride to work in the morning before getting nauseous from the pain. It's just a dull kinda cramping feeling.

I'm praying this shit chills out because it's hindering me with the gym and daily life as well. Anyone have any suggestions? I'm desperate

Did you injure it lifting? Or anything that brought it on?
I had/have Lumbar issues from deadlifting. I think I squeezed a disk out and it had me F up for quite some time. sciatica running down my leg, no Bueno
I hope yours is just a stinger or some tightness.

I had this a few months back out of nowhere. Dr. I have trusted for years recommended a muscle relaxer, but I turned him down as I don't take any of that stuff. Plus my mom is a pill addict, and growing up watching that just left s bad taste in my mouth.

But after awhile, I couldn't take it anymore and he prescribed me the lowest dose of valium you can get for just a two week trial.

I was so scared to try the first pill, I actually split it in half and took them that way. They lasted almost 3 weeks, and my pain was pretty much gone by 7 days in.

After they were gone, I haven't taken anything since and still no more issues. I don't even remember injuring myself, but he said it was a really good smooth muscle relaxer and could maybe give whatever was bugging me a chance to heal.

Wish I had done it sooner, but I'm the type of guy that doesn't even keep stuff like Tylenol in my house.

Not saying you should do this, but just an honest experience that I had and actually surprised me. Plus I could function with no impairment as it felt like I really hadn't taken anything.

Plus I hate anything that makes me feel kind of "off".

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Anyone here get this?

Who doesn't?

The crisis comes and goes on its own most of the times, but you need to find what works for you.

- Foam rolling
- Reverse hypers
- Core stability
- Stretching

All of these help somewhat. When I lived in Florida I used to have a chiro monthly plan. It wasn't expensive back then, like 30 or 40 bucks monthly. And it did help a lot.

But you should investigate further.

Very possibly muscles all tight and locked up, twisting vertebrae. Yes I get it too. My hip will lean forward and out to the right side. Deep massage work, stretching and chiro adjust once it's not so locked up. My wife has just learned adjustments and we got a table for the house. Problem is she is 115lbs and dies t have the power to get through my meaty back to get things moving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Usually pain and tightness in the area you describe (quadratus lumborum and upper gluteal attachment) was triggered by being overly tight and lifting unevenly. Hiking your hip, combined with external rotation of your leg is easily the trigger. You should be rolling the hip flexor in the front, as well as the upper quad. Long term tightness of the front will typically trigger that pain in the back.
Once its reached a flareup like this, stretching alone wont resolve it. Use self myofascial release with a compression tool like a foam roller. Find those sore spots in the front and hold each one for avout 30 seconds

Is it one sided or both sides?
Along with the dull/achy feeling is there numbness or tingling that travels down the leg(s)?
What makes it feel better?
What makes it feel worse?
Does it wake you at night?

Just a little more details about my issue.

I always feel like my hips are extremely tight. I squat every week extremely heavy. I can't afford therapy work from a professional and I know I should be more pro active with self therapy as far as rolling. It's on the right side and the only relief I really feel is putting my hands on a table and letting my lower body hang by pushing down and leaning forward on the table. It decompresses my lower back and feels great. I'm around 275 pounds right now and the job I have now I'm sitting a lot in an office chair.

A few weeks ago it just started by what felt like disc pain where it catches when moving a certain way and now it's moved on to a dull muscle ache that makes me feel nauseated and kills my appetite. It was so bad the other day on the way back from the gym I started gagging in the truck and by the time I pulled up in the drive way I got out of my truck and yacked. I just don't know what to do.

Hopping on the inversion table 4-5 times a week helps my low back and right hip immensely. But mine is general pain chronic over time and not really debilitating at all. I can feel it if I skip The inversion table a few days in a row.

Honestly if it's that bad I would give it complete rest for 7-10 days before evaluating it next. No lifting, no physical activity. It likely won't get much better until you rest it. Take a couple ibuprofen here and there too.

Usually pain and tightness in the area you describe (quadratus lumborum and upper gluteal attachment) was triggered by being overly tight and lifting unevenly. Hiking your hip, combined with external rotation of your leg is easily the trigger. You should be rolling the hip flexor in the front, as well as the upper quad. Long term tightness of the front will typically trigger that pain in the back.
Once its reached a flareup like this, stretching alone wont resolve it. Use self myofascial release with a compression tool like a foam roller. Find those sore spots in the front and hold each one for avout 30 seconds

This! 11sh is a professional in this field.

Just a little more details about my issue.

I always feel like my hips are extremely tight. I squat every week extremely heavy. I can't afford therapy work from a professional and I know I should be more pro active with self therapy as far as rolling. It's on the right side and the only relief I really feel is putting my hands on a table and letting my lower body hang by pushing down and leaning forward on the table. It decompresses my lower back and feels great. I'm around 275 pounds right now and the job I have now I'm sitting a lot in an office chair.

A few weeks ago it just started by what felt like disc pain where it catches when moving a certain way and now it's moved on to a dull muscle ache that makes me feel nauseated and kills my appetite. It was so bad the other day on the way back from the gym I started gagging in the truck and by the time I pulled up in the drive way I got out of my truck and yacked. I just don't know what to do.

You're a big guy, and chances are your lower body is as tight and tense as a tin can.

Try Yoga; I'm not even kidding, it will open up a LOT of those tense areas that then lead to you getting extra stress in your lower back, and then pain as a byproduct.

Also lay off the heavy stuff (I know this is a death sentence :) ) just for a little bit to let your back heal, and for you to get in a groove of doing yoga.

These simple tweaks from hamstring, glute, abductor, and quad inflexibility can later lead to some serious issues as we really love to put our bodies in unnatural positions as bodybuilders.

I've relapsed from my weekly yoga sessions (mostly because it's so fuckin hard), but they will literally complement your training when done on a regular basis; helps a ton with recovery too.

Anyone here get this?

your hips are out of alignment, I get the same pain, drop table on my hips at the chiropractor and the pain is gone after one visit. I can preach this all day, but it seems the majority of the forum is anti chiro, and more so pro PT and Doctors.

If you have insurance and they cover it, its worth a try. Look for one with great reviews.

I've been reading The TB12 method by Tom Brady. He talks of this philosophy of pliability. Basically muscles need to soft, lengthened and fire properly to prevent injury. He spoke about lower backpain, sounds like in some cases it originates in hips. I would look into your muscular imbalances, and maybe deep tissue massage. Get to the root of the problem not just a quick fix...

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Crooked: Outwitting the Back Pain Industry and Getting on the Road to Recovery

https://www.amazon.com/Crooked-Outw...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1508851899&sr=1-1

https://www.cathrynjakobsonramin.com/books/crooked/overview/

https://www.commonwealthclub.org/ev...twit-back-pain-industry-and-get-road-recovery

Hey biglizard225,

Sorry to hear you are having back issues. Been there, done that, got the T-shirt
(many times), definitely not fun. Hope you get better soon.

My suggestion would be to read the book Crooked: Outwitting the Back Pain Industry
and Getting on the Road to Recovery
by Cathryn Jakobson Ramin. It will forever change
the way you look at back pain and rehabilitation. The best book I have ever read on
the subject.

Also, check out her website. But at the very least, listen to her podcast from the
Commonwealth Club (I was there). It’s free and will give you a great overview
of back pain, rehab, etc.

Last edited:
Back pain is no joke. It's also very hard to diagnose and pinpoint due to the fact that the area in question isn't always the area that's injured. So many nerve endings that can cause pain in different regions. I really wish you the best and hope you can figure it out sooner than later.

I dealt with a similar issue, but it was affecting my mid/upper back, left shoulder blade area and left pec. Turned out to be a disc in my cervical spine. Really nothing they could do for it other than "surgery" which usually does little to nothing, or to just let the spongy material eventually deteriorate enough when it isn't pressing on the nerve. I did some PT and eventually it became manageable. Now I'm so used to it that it just feels tight at times. Little to no pain now. It took a good 8 months though :(.

Look up Donnie thompsons low back fix. It looks king of funky but works wonders at providing decompression for the spine

Thank you for the suggestions everyone. I'm going to start being very pro active with my rehabilitation. I've know I needed to and I'm not getting any younger. Today is my 3rd day in a row out of the gym which is unheard of for me even after getting violently sick I make my way back into the gym the next day, but anyway I am going to:

1)Look into a chiro. I have really good insurance so I'm sure I can get one.
2)Foam roll my hips and lower body more often. (I used to do this and it really seemed like it not only helped with recovery my quads were growing faster) I guess I just got lazy on this one.
3)Stretches and rehab mobility excercises.

Last night I took a couple muscle relaxers along with some ibuprofen and it was just a temporary fix but wow was it nice to feel normal. Today the pain has gone down a little so after an extremely hot shower I did 100 body weight stiff leg deadlifts touching my toes with my fingers. This helped a lot. Hopefully it will have chilled out more by tomorrow it's killing me not being able to go to the gym and crank some heavy ass weight.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
RES15NMV
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws