over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

MICHAEL GUNDILL THEORY

Ray i think if ya buy or have bought the book or any book you get forum access as far as that goes

my cycle thinking is similar to Rea's but we have some differences of course

btw cycling does not necessarily coming off IMO

Instynct, thanks for the insight. I understand what you mean about cycling. I was curious as to whether you had experimented with periods of androgen loading, then cortisol suppression, etc? Thanks.

came across an article in russian by michael gundill , he agrees that the heavy training emphasising the negative portion does increase over all number of androgen receptors in the long run , but in the present , its effect is " its decreasing the number of androgen receptors " , after the disspearring of the "negative factors " , there is a lasting increase in the number of androgen receptors , as he puts it .
but he says this is not what we want on a cycle , we want a large number of androgen receptors to use the high doses of testosterone , he says not using higher loads and emphasising the positive part of the movement synthesises a particular protein called HSP( heat shock protein ) which prevents the disintegration of androgen receptors during training , while the training is also increasing the number of androgen receptors , thus ure preserving what u have and also increasing the number of androgen receptors .

thats what i understood from the russian to english translation, as the words were all mixed up lol , and i have no idea how far the man's ideas are true .

DIEZEL666 said:
Instynct, thanks for the insight. I understand what you mean about cycling. I was curious as to whether you had experimented with periods of androgen loading, then cortisol suppression, etc? Thanks.

a bit

more in the realm of loading then resensitization techniques

also don't as i tend to do overthink too much like with the Gundhill receptor related training principles

BB is more about tweaking to what your body responds to

DIEZEL666 said:
I agree. Lift heavy, eat more and you will get bigger.

he, he yeah, basically
and if a few grams of androgens and a few mgs of Growth factors happen to find there way into your system then all the better ;)

ray

raybravo said:

really, although the fella is wayy off at certain places , he's quite good when talking of drug synnergy etc , i got hold of his next book building the perfect beast and its a very good one i felt .
Where can onw purchase this book? I've seen it advertised on the net before, but can't come up with the website it was under.

Re: ray

mike man said:

Where can onw purchase this book? I've seen it advertised on the net before, but can't come up with the website it was under.
www.anabolicbeast.com
some of the info in the book is original and worth reading, other parts are basics , but its definitely a good thing to have as the next book in the series rocks !

by buying the book i believe through the website you get access to the private forum which although is just getting going will be a top notch place for cutting edge anabolic pharmacology

instynct999 said:
by buying the book i believe through the website you get access to the private forum which although is just getting going will be a top notch place for cutting edge anabolic pharmacology
u know i think its going to be more like a big mess full of newbies who have bought that book and have no idea of how things work . am surprised u fel its going to be a top notch place , ofcourse i hope it turns out to be a top notch place , the man does have a lot to offer .

ray

I have CME. I thought there was a book called "Building The Perfect Beast"? Or was that just what the advertisement says?

Re: ray

mike man said:
I have CME. I thought there was a book called "Building The Perfect Beast"? Or was that just what the advertisement says?
the book is there , its not yet released for sales yet , i somehow got lucky thro some contacts and got hold of a copy :D , it will be released in a few months , look forward to it as the book is really good .

raybravo said:
well , heavy weight training has been shown to increase androgen receptor count in the muscle , so wouldnt training heavy be an advantage ?
ofcourse, the point made by the fellow is about androgen uptake , but wouldnt it be better to have increased androgen receptor count ? just another thought .

muscle contractions up-regulate androgen receptors, and one can train heavy and not go to failure, if u do a 5 x 5 routine, 10 x 3 or whatever where on each set u had one maybe 2 reps left it gone to all out failure then the weight in my mind is still heavy enough to cause a stimilus

instynct999 said:

yes this was based on my theory that most 70s pros lived in the gym all day and would basically workout almost all day doing many sub-maximal intensity sets but with pretty rrasonable weigths and woul keep the msucle saturated with the precious androgens and groeth factors by doing such

long rests were not uncommon as it was highly social at many woulds train with 2-3 other people

basically it seems they would eat and train for much of the day

also smaller waists duew to less of the growth factors sitting in the gut as the blood was in the muscle a longer portion of the day and also by using weights that did not maximally stress their core/waists-hips this cause less growth in this area

flip side is Dorian--thich waist but brutal muscle from heavy intense loads

there is more than one way to skin a cat IMO though, but if you wish the smaller waist perhaps the 70's mode is better

ill comment on this when i have more time but one thing ive noticed is the so called "herculean" physique i have only seen attributed to dorian, mentzer, and viator (all HIT people)

instynct999 said:

and again that works perhaps, but name someone who had more sheer dense muscle than Dorian who ONLY trained HIT

i c instynct beat me to the conclusion of density and how it seems to be most prevalent in my mind on those who did HIT

ive been thinking about gundill's ideas on training, his idea is not to destroy the amount of androgen receptors there are in the muscle , and also increase the number of androgen receptors training the way he says , but my thought is :
" since localised increases of igf-1 and mgf through streching and contraction play such an important role in hypertrophy , and these increases would be at their maximum only when heavy weights are used , arent we compromising on the igf-1 and mgf increase in the muscle because of light training ?" .

it seems ya give one to get the other

that is why overthinking may lead in circles--been there, done that, both work--what is best for you may be what you are seeking

Remember again Dorian and ronnie boith lift heavy as a mofo--if ya wanna be a bull , might be best to load up the cart

instynct999 said:
it seems ya give one to get the other

that is why overthinking may lead in circles--been there, done that, both work--what is best for you may be what you are seeking

Remember again Dorian and ronnie boith lift heavy as a mofo--if ya wanna be a bull , might be best to load up the cart
no the thing is , too much traumatic training will lead to a point of null gains , the human being gains about 35 kilograms of pure muscle in a year(roughly 280 gms a day ) , but this is all being nullified by the counteracting catabolic effect, so too much trauma would mean ure just setting urself up togo nowhere , so maybe cycles of heavy training followed by cycles of light weight training , or alternating heavy and light training workouts , something like that should work well ?

yep..i appears that one needs to get the best of both worlds to make his ideas work..alternating maybe, 6 weeks heavy with 6 weeks the way he suggests maybe what the doc ordered..i am still thinking on this subject..lol i still remember what my mentor and title winner joe dunning told me back in '86..i kept asking him training question and asking about theories ect..he shook his head one day and said " would you please throw those magazines away? you can look at the pictures but, no reading..understand??" i now know what he meant lol i have been researching this since i posted it..oh well, gotta love it lol :D

raybravo said:

no the thing is , too much traumatic training will lead to a point of null gains , the human being gains about 35 kilograms of pure muscle in a year(roughly 280 gms a day ) , but this is all being nullified by the counteracting catabolic effect, so too much trauma would mean ure just setting urself up togo nowhere , so maybe cycles of heavy training followed by cycles of light weight training , or alternating heavy and light training workouts , something like that should work well ?

it's WAYYYYY more complex than that--homeostasis is a far more stubborn, complex beast than that

that would not do the trick at all

there are ways though......

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner