over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Gravitational slingshots & Einsteins theory of relativity

Much like the mathematical gymnastics and 11 dimensions needed to make string theory "work", I have carefully concluded that quantum loop gravity is another pipe dream.
String theory and gravitational loops are no different to me than saying tiny leprechauns are the heart of the TOE. This is where physics begins to meet philosophy and that's not a place I'm ready to go..

As a NASA contractor now , you should all be happy that these fucking clowns can get the satellites into space to keep the internet going.
Maybe some private company might get us to the moon in the next 10 years but we are CENTURIES away from putting a human on Mars.
Actual space exploration beyond the moon is so many lifetimes away from where we are now it's unthinkable.
You know the biggest problem about putting people on mars? It’s not a rocket issue. It’s that we can figure out a way to put enough pressure on our astronauts. Without pressure(gravity) human beings can’t build or maintain skeletal muscle. We could get you there, but you wouldn’t live long

You know the biggest problem about putting people on mars? It’s not a rocket issue. It’s that we can figure out a way to put enough pressure on our astronauts. Without pressure(gravity) human beings can’t build or maintain skeletal muscle. We could get you there, but you wouldn’t live long
They have to do aerobic exercise on ergometers for cardio and then use things like springs and bands for training the muscles. They do it all the time now on the international space station. This Russian was up in space for 14 months. In space there is no gravity. On Mars there is gravity, but its less than earth's. The gravity on Mars is 38% of what earth's is. So being on Mars wouldnt be nearly as difficult as living on the space station. Not sure how long someone could stay on Mars and still be healthy and safe.

On Mars you could bench almost 3x what you do on earth. Now that would be cool.

They have to do aerobic exercise on ergometers for cardio and then use things like springs and bands for training the muscles. They do it all the time now on the international space station. This Russian was up in space for 14 months. In space there is no gravity. On Mars there is gravity, but its less than earth's. The gravity on Mars is 38% of what earth's is. So being on Mars wouldnt be nearly as difficult as living on the space station. Not sure how long someone could stay on Mars and still be healthy and safe.

On Mars you could bench almost 3x what you do on earth. Now that would be cool.
You would lose bone density and muscle very quickly. You’d have to be loading yourself in some way all the time in order to try and combat this. Like a weighted compressive suit or something

You would lose bone density and muscle very quickly. You’d have to be loading yourself in some way all the time in order to try and combat this. Like a weighted compressive suit or something
It's inevitable, but as I said earlier, people have lived many months in space where there is zero gravity. So living on a planet that actually has gravity won't be as hard on the body.

It's inevitable, but as I said earlier, people have lived many months in space where there is zero gravity. So living on a planet that actually has gravity won't be as hard on the body.
Upon returning home from even just a couple months in zero gravity, astronauts require extended periods of rehabilitation. Sometimes over a year or even more. Their eye pressure has changed, they need to regain bone density and muscle mass, balance, coordination. Even speech therapy as their tongue and lips now are weighted. A many months (over a year) trip to Mars and back would yield at least some people who are permanently unsuitable to return to normal life back here on Earth.

Travelling to Mars, while seemingly really cool, is a massive, massive boondoggle. Humans aren't going to spread throughout the galaxy like moving to new neighborhoods. The galaxy and the entire universe outside our Earthly environment is an entirely inhospitable environment to living things. So we get to Mars. Then what? Spend billions and billions to make this happen and then what? Are we going leave our solar system into deep space on a multi-generational space craft like Battlestar Galactica?

Rather than wasting valuable resources on a one-way trip to nowhere, why not use those resources to give this planet, our home, the ability to support more than two or three more generations before people start dying by the millions or billions? There is no planet B. We've been horrible stewards of our planet and now we want to take these fanciful ideas and attempt to leave our trash heap of a planet to create another trash heap somewhere else.

I suppose if nothing else, it's a befitting end to our existence as a species.

Upon returning home from even just a couple months in zero gravity, astronauts require extended periods of rehabilitation. Sometimes over a year or even more. Their eye pressure has changed, they need to regain bone density and muscle mass, balance, coordination. Even speech therapy as their tongue and lips now are weighted. A many months (over a year) trip to Mars and back would yield at least some people who are permanently unsuitable to return to normal life back here on Earth.

Travelling to Mars, while seemingly really cool, is a massive, massive boondoggle. Humans aren't going to spread throughout the galaxy like moving to new neighborhoods. The galaxy and the entire universe outside our Earthly environment is an entirely inhospitable environment to living things. So we get to Mars. Then what? Spend billions and billions to make this happen and then what? Are we going leave our solar system into deep space on a multi-generational space craft like Battlestar Galactica?

Rather than wasting valuable resources on a one-way trip to nowhere, why not use those resources to give this planet, our home, the ability to support more than two or three more generations before people start dying by the millions or billions? There is no planet B. We've been horrible stewards of our planet and now we want to take these fanciful ideas and attempt to leave our trash heap of a planet to create another trash heap somewhere else.

I suppose if nothing else, it's a befitting end to our existence as a species.

I completely agree with you. Humanity is going to end up destroying itself.

You might want to recheck that bit of physics.
You were right. I forgot, I thought there was some other criteria above and beyond equal mass and opposite charge off the top of my head. Still, we can't even make anti-hydrogen and store it really so it's a far cry from being used as an energy source at this point.

Much like the mathematical gymnastics and 11 dimensions needed to make string theory "work", I have carefully concluded that quantum loop gravity is another pipe dream.
That math, I also have trouble with. I don't dismiss them out of hand though BECAUSE I have trouble with the math. If I can't spend the time enough to get familiar enough with those gymnastics...I can't really personally say they are wrong.

You were right. I forgot, I thought there was some other criteria above and beyond equal mass and opposite charge off the top of my head. Still, we can't even make anti-hydrogen and store it really so it's a far cry from being used as an energy source at this point.

CERN created 9 antihydrogen atoms in 1995. Fermilabs followed suit when they created 100 antihydrogen atoms.

That math, I also have trouble with. I don't dismiss them out of hand though BECAUSE I have trouble with the math. If I can't spend the time enough to get familiar enough with those gymnastics...I can't really personally say they are wrong.

My personal favorite topic in theoretical physics is quantum electrodynamics.

I'm mad at myself for missing this thread because I'm a theoretical physicist who does research in gravitational physics. And the 11 dimensions is only for fermionic strings, bosonic strings require 26 dimensions to be consistent. :D

Excuse my ignorance, I’m just trying to visualize. Would the lack of gravity not remove the majority of stress on the human body? Like if we could propel ourselves mechanically, wouldn’t we last much longer and barely require any calories to survive? I’m imagining the aging process slows way down without gravity. But that’s not how it would work, is it?

you can easily tell I don’t get around much in the space/science/tech realm lol

To be fair, you didn't exactly make a strong effort to throw us off with "Rumpwrangler".

Excuse my ignorance, I’m just trying to visualize. Would the lack of gravity not remove the majority of stress on the human body? Like if we could propel ourselves mechanically, wouldn’t we last much longer and barely require any calories to survive? I’m imagining the aging process slows way down without gravity. But that’s not how it would work, is it?

The big thing is that without as much gravity as we have on earth, the muscles will atrophy. The heart as well, since it doesnt have to fight as much downward force. Makes it easier for your muscles to do their job, but because of that they shrink down. Then when you come back to earth you will be weak and out of shape. The heart I think is the main danger. By doing plenty of exercise in space or on Mars, the astronauts can prolong how long they can stay in space. I do think that if someone were to stay on Mars indefinitely, they might be ok as long as they dont come back here to earth where the gravity is 3x as strong. Not sure but just a guess.

The human body requires stress to adapt and grow

The big thing is that without as much gravity as we have on earth, the muscles will atrophy. The heart as well, since it doesnt have to fight as much downward force. Makes it easier for your muscles to do their job, but because of that they shrink down. Then when you come back to earth you will be weak and out of shape. The heart I think is the main danger. By doing plenty of exercise in space or on Mars, the astronauts can prolong how long they can stay in space. I do think that if someone were to stay on Mars indefinitely, they might be ok as long as they dont come back here to earth where the gravity is 3x as strong. Not sure but just a guess.
Even if you don’t come back to earth. Maintenance of skeletal muscle into old age had been linked with reductions in all cause mortality

Even if you don’t come back to earth. Maintenance of skeletal muscle into old age had been linked with reductions in all cause mortality
Well, yeah its not ideal for sure because it would lead to more inactivity and more falls when youre old. I have a feeling though that since on Mars the gravity is about 1/3, you could probably lose a lot of muscle and still be ok since the gravity is so weak. I would be very concerned though about the heart. Regular aerobic exercise though would keep that within limits. It will be an exciting time when we finally get people on Mars. Lots to be learned.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws