over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Michael Vick

Status
Not open for further replies.

sickboy

Registered
Do you guys think its right what is happening to him?

I tend to think an animal is an animal, either protect them all or protect none the way i see it.

Why is sport hunting legal but dog fighting illegal?

If I so choose I could go hunting for coyotes and wolves with no problem and even shoot one in the head at point blank if I desire. But dogs... no can do. I can kill just about any animal, but not dogs.

Let me say that I don't hunt or have any desire to. In my opinion, any cruelty to any animal seems wrong. But at the same time, I eat meat, so in a way I contribute to their deaths. I guess if I really cared for animals then i would become a vegetarian.....

I don't know, prison for him just seems so harsh. I could see suspending him for a year or two, but Federal prison? However what he supposedly did and the desire to torture something like that is kind of scary in my opinion.

I'm not trying take sides, I just want to hear what you guys think.

i believe the gambling operation involved is what's actually getting him a stiffer sentence, but the media just discusses the dog fighting/torturing part

I tend to think an animal is an animal, either protect them all or protect none the way i see it.

If I so choose I could go hunting for coyotes and wolves with no problem and even shoot one in the head at point blank if I desire. But dogs... no can do. I can kill just about any animal, but not dogs.

Let me say that I don't hunt or have any desire to. In my opinion, any cruelty to any animal seems wrong. But at the same time, I eat meat, so in a way I contribute to their deaths. I guess if I really cared for animals then i would become a vegetarian.....

I don't know, prison for him just seems so harsh. I could see suspending him for a year or two, but Federal prison? However what he supposedly did and the desire to torture something like that is kind of scary in my opinion.

BUMP

Most hunters eat what they kill (Myself included). Hunting wild animals isnt just walking up to a bird, duck, deer etc. and shooting them. Its hunting. SOmetimes you win sometime you dont get anything. But these dogs have no say so in what they are asked to do. A professional fighter can see his opponent and drop out. Ultimate fighters can tap out if they feel something starting to break or be dislocated. BUt these dogs have no say so. I hope he get the max sentence and never plays pro football again. What an idiot he is!!

an animal is an animal...even one with a multimillion dollar contract. prison is where he belongs.

BUt these dogs have no say so. I hope he get the max sentence and never plays pro football again. What an idiot he is!!

Nor does livestock have a say so on whether or not they are to be consumed. That is the sole purpose of breeding them. It's hard to avoid hypocrisy in this matter when you owe your hard earned muscle to the consumption of animals.

From what I've read how the dogs were treated seems very scary to me, but from what I've read and seen with my own eyes the way livestock is treated is just as torturous.

I'll say this much: I don't condone his actions, and it'd probably make me sick if I were to witness it, but he doesn't deserve prison, just like so many people currently in prison don't deserve it.

It's an unfortunate waste - I have a really hard time understanding why people with such upside and potential compromise themselves and their future. He certainly didn't need the money from the gambling operation and look what it'll probably cost him. Don't get me wrong, he deserves to be punished and that may mean an end to a career, but I'll never understand the choices some people make. A hard lesson learned I guess.

an animal is an animal...even one with a multimillion dollar contract. prison is where he belongs.
I agree with this statement, however he is below the status of an animal. Real animals do not do what he does to dogs to each other. They kill for food and fight for territory or mating rights. Not for fun or sport! I say he goes down the river for a long stint!!

Nor does livestock have a say so on whether or not they are to be consumed. That is the sole purpose of breeding them. It's hard to avoid hypocrisy in this matter when you owe your hard earned muscle to the consumption of animals. QUOTE]

It most certainly is not hard to avoid hypocracy on this subject. The animals I eat were raised, fed, and then killed very rapidly. They were not starved, beaten, and otherwise tortured till the day they are forced to fight in a pit with another animal brutally and sickly while getting ears and limbs bitten and torn off while grown men watch and place bets in with sadistic enjoyment! There is a huge difference in dogfighting and farming. If you cant see the difference between torturing animals and farming then perhaps you should google "torturing animals" and "cattle farming".

I agree with this statement, however he is below the status of an animal. Real animals do not do what he does to dogs to each other. They kill for food and fight for territory or mating rights. Not for fun or sport! I say he goes down the river for a long stint!!

I have to agree.
In my opinion, hunting is a natural fullfillment of a predators own genetic predisposition, its own "teleology" or genetic goal. It is therefore, not cruel to hunt a deer or shoot a pheasent, since that is what nature had made it for (I'm not touching the cattle issue).

What dogfighters do is a bastardization of a male dogs instinct to protect his territory. It is taking a very important behavior, from a Darwinian standpoint, and physically forcing (by torture and chemicals) it to an extreme simply for our own pleasre. It is, in essence, a perversion of nature. I think it is that very perversion that is so sickening.

Ya, Ya... I will but down the inhaler, take out my pocketprotector and get back to the gym. :D

I can't even believe that what that asshole was doing to these dogs could be compared to sport hunting. An unsuspecting animal takes a bullet in the back of the head,over and done quick,animal never knew. Like some of the others said,the dogs were tortued their whole lives right up to the point where one of those assholes would tie a cinder block around the dogs neck and throw it in the pool and let it fight for its life,yeah,that's the same thing. Or throw a rope around its neck and hang it. These dogs probably knew nothing good was going to happen when they saw a human coming. The best part of my day is when I walk through the door after work and my dog is so excited to see me.

What?

"" Sickboy "" with those heartless words. I would say you fit that name Sickboy! You are entitled to your opinion. I could say a lot regarding this subject. Bet I will refrain as it would sound very babaric. Let me say this if he is guilty ( which he is ) he deserves no mercy. Let me take one of your kin ( child, mother) and electrocute....body slam....shoot....etc. A lot of people hold their pets in the highest regard! Just look at the pic thread in the member photos section! Ask those people if prison is a fair outcome for Mr. Vick?

Take no offense to my example of abusing and torturing your kin. Just trying to make a example for you! You obviosly did not ever have a bond with man's best friend. Hopefully you have with our fellow kind...............?

Last edited:
they electrocuted, choked, hung and just plaing beat in the head untill they died the dogs that lost these fights.

lets get some perspective here.

he deserves jail.

"A society is judged by how it treats the least among them.”

???

I cannot beleive some of your responses guys! What about the GLARING obvious truth about this? Animals have rights also! Haven't you guys seen the animal police shows etc? Vick is the kind of scum they are looking to stop more than anyone, with general neglect being the usual scenario. Livestock is livestock, we eat that --- dogs and cats (forget about Korea and other nations for a second) are our PETS. Mans best friend right? Why does this saying exist???

Because nature had a very distinct way of giving humans animal companions. These are what we call pets. Now dogs go back a long time in HUMAN existance, when we were hunter/gatherers, yep, when we were HUNTING and KILLING other animals for survival, and even today we have bird dogs and good hunting dogs. They have been their FOR US FOREVER fellas. Alongside us in war, hunting, standing guard for villages and camps, basically dogs have been watching man's ass since our existence. They are our canine friends, our loyal, trusty, and sometimes life changing companions (think of seeing eye dogs) ... Bottom line is, they trust us. . . . . through the natural domestication, specialized breeding, and more importantly their history as man's undying ally, they have found and earned a place (especially in America) living faithfully under their owner's guidance. If a person wants to own a dog, do not betray this trust -- that is how bad things happen with dogs, whether from pitbull etc attacks, to neglect, to torture and killing -- this trust somewhere was broken and the dog was mistreated and misguided. They so badly wish they could be human, just like us, so when the trust is betrayed, the behave in the most animalistic way possible.

So my point is, there is a HUGE difference between dogs and any other animal on this earth when it comes to the unique relationship dogs and humans share. This is why what Vick did is so heinous and foolishly juvenile. Here is a better mental picture to digest: They were getting their jollies off of watching animals get forced into a situation where they had to rely on the their basic animal instincts to survive, as they were tortured into fighting, and if they still refused, or lost a fight by cowering to his fellow dog, (some of the poor animals just did not have the heart to do this to each other, or knew they would die) were tortured further into eventual death, and were put to death as an attraction by itself. "Hey guys hee hee, let's shock the shit out of and electrocute this wimpy dog hee hee har, and watch it suffer, yeah, huh huh, let's watch it suffer, I'll pay to see that huh huh..."

What is it in these people and in Vick that drove them to waste so much time, resource, and animal life - - - ? Is it the same thing that you occasionally see in the young 8 year old boy hanging the cat over the clotheline with the other? This deeply primitive fascination with pushing life to the edge, this morbid curiosity to stare into the face of death, and to fuck with it, taunt it, and toy with it.. this... natural fight for survival that all of life's beings are programmed with. Almost as if some people must learn about life and death in their own little way, but most little boys outgrow this, those that do not end up usually very disturbed people... such as serial killers, rapists, and other violent criminals.

We outgrow this because we learn that this is why we are human, and we do humane things. It should come naturally to you, the ability and sense to be compassionate, and to appreciate life, however it may present itself to you.
Back to Vick -- here is a guy with a 30 million dollar + lottery ticket, (if he loses his contract, total loss will be 83 million) a guy that was, WAS a hero to a city and to many other aspiring young boys wanting to play just like him, and to most of us, a tremendously gifted athlete that did eye-popping things on the gridiron. Gone. Let me say it again... GONE. What a fucking idiot. I usually could give a shit what a dude does outside his work, or what an athlete does outside of his sport, but this is intolerable. What is he so miserable inside, so sick and twisted that he was willing to jeapordize not only his career, but his legacy, his family name, EVERYTHING???! The answer??? YEP, you BET your ass he did, pardon the pun there... Never mind the cruelty for a second...but gambling and pro-athletes never mixes and HE KNEW THAT. Now, throw in that he was gambling (this is what the NFL does not like the most, and is what could ban him for life from the sport if the NFL so chooses) and killing dogs, sponsoring this retarded sadistic madness, he KNEW ALL OF THIS, and said to himself, to his fans, to his family..."Fuck It! I have a dog fighting jones that I can't seem to get out of my head, so I will risk everything that I have created, just so I can watch some animals tear each other to shit, and kill 'em if they dare not fight, yep, that's what I'll do, fuck it!"

To the people that think jail is too harsh: ... Are you fucking serious? This needs to be handled properly and by that I mean that it needs to set a precedent that this kind of behavior is absolutely, totally, and COMPLETELY wrong and inexcusable. If he ever wants to even remotely save face, he needs to do a number of things to gain back the trust of the general population, and PETA for sure. Too many to list actually.

Bottom line is: what happened was a TOTAL atrocity, a deplorable act against the sacred trust that dogs share with humans, a crime of miserable and gruesome intent, and a lesson to the world about what people do behind closed doors, and even among the most gifted of us in this fast paced world, evil does not discriminate, it can just. . . happen. To the best of us. Micheal Vick made his bed, now he has to lie...in it.

Last edited:
man this shit is soooooo funny! everyone totally misread this threads intentions, hes just asking your thoughts on why other things aren't considered cruelty, like the sport hunting of coyotes, heres a good one that makes me laugh in the face of everydog lover on this thread, quess what people a coyote is a fucking dog, but its perfectly legal to hunt them down and mow them down for the pure sport and fun of it... ha ha ha what a crock of fucking shit, you people feel sorry for some dogs that were fighting each other and at least had a chance to survive but don't give a rats ass about the thousands upon thousands of people out there hunting and cruely trapping, and poisoning coyotes, and for what....... THE PURE SPORT AND LOVE OF IT... WHERE THE FUCK IS P.E.T.A. ON THAT ONE! Vic should get the fucking book thrown at him but there are a lot of other sick fucks that need to do the same time and the cruel sick shit they do is perfectly legal.. wow! FUCK P.E.T.A.! they only go after shit thats going to fatten their pockets. dog fighting should get the death penalty, killing coyotes for sport should get the death penalty, vets that put animals to sleep that are not critically injured should get the death penalty, its all dog killing and is the same fucking thing in my book! now how about them apples... im done ranting.

wish some of you dudes were on the jury if there is need of one!! fuk anyone one who does this kinda pusy shit to a dog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Lbmike99
NapsGear