Votes: 7 2.0%
  • elbows

Votes: 81 23.5%
  • shoulders

Votes: 105 30.4%
  • other

Votes: 11 3.2%

• Total voters
Knees. My left one ever since a high school football injury. Torn MCL, pretty sure I have torn it again since. Always makes a crazy popping sound maybe 10-12 times a day when I bend it all the way. I read its from ligaments sliding over the top of bony protrusions in the knee cap. Supposedly not harmful but I don't like it cracking all the time.

My back has been a mess since I was about 21, mild scoliosis/kyphosis & to top it off I found out about 2 yrs ago I got arhtritis in/on my spine! My elbows, the inner aspect/ligament, hurt like a bitch after any upper rowing/pulling movement, especially the lt one. I think it's tendinitis, aka-"tennis elbow". Sucks to be old!

Well I've been doing this longer than any of you (pickup up my first weight in the YMCA 50 years ago) and I don't have any problems - but, I do have to watch all my joints to avoid injury.

During a cycle 7 years ago I was matching preacher curls with a man half-my age (130lbs - heavy for me) and hurt a ligament in my bicep. Then, I was working too heavy on a BP machine and hurt my shoulder. I quit lifting for about 3 years.

Now I don't do any exercise that requires stressful angles or pressure on the joints - no skull crushers, overhead tri-extensions, anything behind the neck, no bent rows, dead-lifts, or dips (hard on the shoulders).

I lift twice a week, never go below 8 reps, do 8-12 reps one day and if I feel sore (you have to listen to your body) the next work out I use lighter weights and only rest 30 seconds or less between sets. I've seen good gains using intensity instead of heavy weights.

You probably all know this by experience, but "working through the pain" is the stupidest thing you can do. If you feel a pain in a muscle or joint, stop doing that exercise immediately. Wait until the next day to see if you get a sharp, distinct pain in that area. If not, ease back in; if you do have residual pain, nurse that area in your subsequent workouts.

So I am 67 without any injuries and just started my 6th week on my first cycle in 7 years. Put 2" on my arms in the first 5 weeks (muscle memory) and have veins popping out all over the place.

Something somewhat strange: I've never done any stretching or aerobic warm-up in my life; always warmed up by doing 2 or 3 sets of light weights for the exercise I was doing.

Joints: Shoulders
Muscles: Muscle at upper back next to spine...more RH side...

I'm another lucky one so far (32yrs). I think it has been luck more than skill that kept me ache and injury free. Like when I was 16 and first started in the gym. Everyone benched constantly. And man could these guys throw up weight (well in a 16 yr olds eyes anyway). But being shallow chested and monkey armed I knew I would suck at it. So I would do declines and inclines instead as these benches were normally free, and nobody paid attention to me. Who knew I might be saving the pec delt tie in and rotator cuffs. I didn't even know what those meant.

I've always squatted ass to grass, and deadlifted from day one which I feel kept me injury resistant in sports. I remember seeing a guy doing half squats once. I just thought why does he stop in the middle of a rep? I thought maybe they were like the 21's some kid showed me for curling, lol.

Some exercises I have only done once and didn't feel right, so I never did them again. That would be skullcrushers and stiff leg deads. Too many other exercises to choose from.

Now I know about these things, but at the time it was just a combo of common sense and dumb luck. Who knows if any of this really kept the aches and pains away. But it's the best I can come up with.

if i could change anything ive done in the gym it would be those heavy hack squats when i was younger.......overall after 20+ years in the gym i feel good

both my knees especially right one and my mid back along my spine...feels like i have been shot sometimes.

i cannot work out whether squats are to blame for my knees, i have actually found that full squats right to the floor with lighter weight seem to lessen the stresses on the knees and everything i have read tends to support this.

i have laos read that knee trouble is often a cause of an imbalance between quad and ham strength which i admit i was always guilty of. get it everything for leg press and squat but then 3 sets of lying leg curls and that was it.

trying to do alot more romanian deads stiff legs and good mornings now even up the strength

i know it will only get worse

one other thing i will throw out there i have been doing low carb now along with cissus for 10 days or so and my knees do feel better. i have read that carbs can be inflammatory to joints but i dont know if its the carb reduction or the cissus

My right wrist. Had a tfcc tear and every now and then it hurts like hell after lifting.

the older I get, the more I get. Mine in order of worst to least are shoulders, elbows, knees, back.

Hurts the most

Hard to choose between the elbows and the shoulders but I'd have to go with elbows right now.

Joints: Shoulders
Muscles: Muscle at upper back next to spine...more RH side...

Right there with ya bro! My right elbow and those damn muscles in my back ache like a S.O.B., especially after squats!!

Hip joint: now replaced
Bicep: reattached - long head screwed on to the bone
Shoulder: sub A decompression done a while ago, didn't work so having it done again soon.

I ain't even near 40 yet ffs :eek:

Elbows have always been my nemesis. 43 years old and finally realized just to scale back on heavy tri days. Feelin good these days tho

Knees from baseball and deep squats for years. Right shoulder from a labrum tear I got in '97 that I never got surgery on.

for my its my left pec. once i tore it (muscle belly no surgery) it was never the same. always restraining it. have to be careful drying yourself with a towel after a shower, reaching into your pocket, scratching your ass/back with that hand, other wise i will strain it again. same with my bicep but that is a more recent injury, so maybe it just isnt healed. when i throw a football i have to make sure to catch with my right hand, i dont want to have it yank my pec again and strain or tear into it and cause more time off from the gym. also have to be careful during sex too, you cant really be rough with your girl because you gotta watch the pec. i can only slap ass with my right hand, lol

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
DRock1!
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws