over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Mr olympia Vs Instagram 🤷‍♂️

La_pantera

Registered
Is it only me but every single one of the competitors look so much tighter and better 1 week out then on stage. They look watery wash out 90% of the competitors in the open compare to how they look on instagram.

Are they going for fullness to much that they loose that shredded dryness like they had in the 90s??

or are they filtering there photos on instagram?

Nick is off
Ian is off
Andrew is off
Ramy is off
Brandon is off
Hunter is waaay off

working with the best coaches how can so many be off?

I agree with you 100%. I follow these dudes on instagram and year after year wonder why they come in less than their pictures online. I kind of attribute it to they do what they do and take instagram pics when they randomly look good after a work out or eating session in their best light and everything works for a good looking physique. While on the contrary they are trying to replicate a look and time it for the competition which does not always come together.

I agree with you 100%. I follow these dudes on instagram and year after year wonder why they come in less than their pictures online. I kind of attribute it to they do what they do and take instagram pics when they randomly look good after a work out or eating session in their best light and everything works for a good looking physique. While on the contrary they are trying to replicate a look and time it for the competition which does not always come together.

Or they are carbing up to much that they are spilling over. they playing the fullness game and loose that dry look.

Phil Heath or Jay Cutler On would slay this lineup.
Not disagreeing with you here, just gonna point out something I find funny. My dad and I argue all the time about sports and who’s the best ever in a given sport. He argues the guys he grew up watching and I say the guys I grew up watching. Just funny how (in my opinion) it’s extremely tough to compare generations of any sport.

I think the lights have more to do with it that anything , for the ones not filtering pics anyway
I dont think its the light because look at hadi he is peeled. look at the midsection of the others they lack definition and look blocky washed out and the legs too.

I am sure on their own pages they only post the best pics with the best lighting. The stage lighting is bound to be worse. But at least it effects them all the same way.

Maybe it just depends on who
You are standing next to?
There have been times I thought I look great until I would run into someone better.

I thought the thread was maybe in the direction of Instagram taking over or paying better then the Olympia.

Even chris aceto said the only one who had striated chest was hadi choopan.

I think they need more time to get leaner to be peeled like hadi.

One of my friends was expediting for the open and she said she was very underwhelmed by the condition up close.

I think a big part of the issue for the viewers not on-site is that the stream is not high-quality enough to capture any of the details. I was watching on my phone while also watching on a big screen TV at a Christmas party last night and getting close up vids from people there and then looking at gilcoproductions videos on IG after the fact and they’re all entirely different bodies depending on where I was viewing them.

I dont think its the light because look at hadi he is peeled. look at the midsection of the others they lack definition and look blocky washed out and the legs too.
It's because Hadi is absolutely PEELED! If hadi photo bombed half those guys in their instagram pics you would think hadi was the most peeled bodybuilder of all time in the other guys "perfect instagram lighting". Those bright stage lights tell the horrible truth!

Hunter was a HUGE disappointment. I expected him to be challenging for top 3.

But why the fuck is he working with Ben Chow? Who has zero experience with good pro bodybuilders.

This clearly backfired.

Not disagreeing with you here, just gonna point out something I find funny. My dad and I argue all the time about sports and who’s the best ever in a given sport. He argues the guys he grew up watching and I say the guys I grew up watching. Just funny how (in my opinion) it’s extremely tough to compare generations of any sport.
Sometimes, but not always.

Like this...

Lebron James is a whiny bitch. Jordan would make him look stupid, Magic would break his ankles and Larry Bird would talk shit until Bron Bron cried, and then score 35 left-handed. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

But to the point of bodybuilding... while it is hard to compare eras, we can certainly compare looks. A peak Dorian/Ronnie/Jay/Phil wipes their tails with this lineup. Yeah, it's all really supposition and speculation, but it is fun!

Excellent point.

I think the lights have more to do with it that anything , for the ones not filtering pics anyway
Having only seen a handful of photos from the show my observation is it not the stage lighting (it is / should be flattering) it is all about conditioning and ‘last minute’ prep.

If somebody can look peeled than you
know it is not the lighting, it is you.

But in all fairness to the competitors, I have seen better stage lighting. They ought to get a gaffer to set up their lighting or some body who knows what they are doing.

Poor lighting is not intentional, is not something they set out to do but in many cases it sure seems that way.

And yes, many of these guy look incredible in the gym / hotel room shots. Why they can’t hold that or replicate that I don’t know, this is out of my depth.

Maybe it is all in the lighting . . . much truth to that.

From the pictures I saw from the contest and I was underwhelmed. A collection of misshapen body parts now-a-days.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
105octane
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws