over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

My problem with Nebivolol

pesty4077

Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Staff member
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I have got occular migranes in the past. Mostly from not eating when I should and going hypo. Very rare, but still got them. Occular migranes start out as a flashing light in eyes, then progressing to bright zig zag line.They usually last about 30 minutes. At that time, I just drink some juice and relax and they went away quick.

Now getting back to current. About 2 months ago, I was starting to get them and my vision was very blurry. At first every 4 days, then progressing everyday. I was getting to the point getting them more then once a day. I even woke up one time and had them. Since I know it wasn't my glucose, I had to figure out what changed in my routine. Only one thing I added and that was Nebivolol. I just stopped it completely and guess what? You got it, they went away and vision is fine. Just a heads up to anyone who is taking Nebivolol and experiencing the same.

Have you checked your blood pressure while on it? Maybe it’s too low and that’s triggering the migraine?

I get the same kind of migraine from certain smells, only way to get rid of it for me is sleep. Haven’t noticed nebivolol triggering it thankfully.

Im taking 15mg daily and never had such a thing. I honestly had no side effects at all. None. And I don't know of any friend who had any sides.

But it's obviously good that you figured out what was causing it for you. Im a migraine patient myself and to my surprise my doc says betablockers are used to treat it. Which is weird then because you say it's causing you to have even more migraine attacks when in theory it should prevent these attacks.

Im taking 15mg daily and never had such a thing. I honestly had no side effects at all. None. And I don't know of any friend who had any sides.

But it's obviously good that you figured out what was causing it for you. Im a migraine patient myself and to my surprise my doc says betablockers are used to treat it. Which is weird then because you say it's causing you to have even more migraine attacks when in theory it should prevent these attacks.
Actually one of the side effects is headaches.

Have you checked your blood pressure while on it? Maybe it’s too low and that’s triggering the migraine?

I get the same kind of migraine from certain smells, only way to get rid of it for me is sleep. Haven’t noticed nebivolol triggering it thankfully.
Nebivolol hardly drops my BP at all. My BP is always around normal. I measure it twice daily.

Actually one of the side effects is headaches.

I’d have to assume the vasodilation is what might bring headaches, as migraine meds usually contain caffeine to help pain via vasoconstriction

I have got occular migranes in the past. Mostly from not eating when I should and going hypo. Very rare, but still got them. Occular migranes start out as a flashing light in eyes, then progressing to bright zig zag line.They usually last about 30 minutes. At that time, I just drink some juice and relax and they went away quick.

Now getting back to current. About 2 months ago, I was starting to get them and my vision was very blurry. At first every 4 days, then progressing everyday. I was getting to the point getting them more than once a day. I even woke up one time and had them. Since I know it wasn't my glucose, I had to figure out what changed in my routine. Only one thing I added and that was Nebivolol. I just stopped it completely and guess what? You got it, they went away and vision is fine. Just a heads up to anyone who is taking Nebivolol and experiencing the same.

The dosage could be a factor. With Nebilivol you get more from less. I work with a top sports cardiologist who handles many NFL and Pro teams and he has me on Nebilivol, but it’s only 2.5mg before bed. 10-15mg is a fairly strong starting dosage.

Unless there is a rhythm or blood pressure issue that warrants more, sticking to the lowest dose usually minimizes any potential side effects and is extremely effective with Nebilivol.

The dosage could be a factor. With Nebilivol you get more from less. I work with a top sports cardiologist who handles many NFL and Pro teams and he has me on Nebilivol, but it’s only 2.5mg before bed. 10-15mg is a fairly strong starting dosage.

Unless there is a rhythm or blood pressure issue that warrants more, sticking to the lowest dose usually minimizes any potential side effects and is extremely effective with Nebilivol.
I was only taking 5 mg.

but it’s only 2.5mg before bed. 10-15mg is a fairly strong starting dosage.
If you are talking about me - I didn’t start with 15mg. I started slowly and titrated up over time. I had and still have no sides at all.

And I take it for heart rate control and to prevent arrhythmia. It's by far the best medication that I have tried.

It doesn't do much for blood pressure, it was around 130/80 and is now 120/80 with 15mg, so the effect is kinda weak.

I didn’t know it can cause headaches. My doc always said betablockers are used to reduce migraine attacks. Seems like it can go both ways.

I was only taking 5 mg.
I would try taking the lowest 2.5mg. There is no other beta blocker as cardio specific as Nebilivol. It’s also the only one that does not make your heart exercise resistant.

The one thing my sports cardiologist stressed was that a little bit goes a long way. It’s his preference to keep it at the lowest dosage possible especially for athletes.

I have mild left ventricular hypertrophy which is part genetic, but also common in athletes and for those who use PEDs. So the Nebilivol is cardio protective and keeps BP down.

But if not for the minor LVH I would not take it or any beta blocker as while cardio specific it will still slow down or regulate other pathways, I.e adrenaline.

You could always check magnesium levels as well. It’s critical for heart health, helps with minor rhythm issues and can help with headaches and migraines. Magnesium and Taurine are both daily heart staples that I would use daily for anyone like us with a bodybuilding lifestyle.

If you are talking about me - I didn’t start with 15mg. I started slowly and titrated up over time. I had and still have no sides at all.

And I take it for heart rate control and to prevent arrhythmia. It's by far the best medication that I have tried.

It doesn't do much for blood pressure, it was around 130/80 and is now 120/80 with 15mg, so the effect is kinda weak.

I didn’t know it can cause headaches. My doc always said betablockers are used to reduce migraine attacks. Seems like it can go both ways.
Sorry I forgot to quote his post when replying. If 15mg works for you then that’s great. If I took that much every days I wouldn’t have any energy. Even at 2.5mg daily it takes doing the stepmill daily for my cardio to get my heart rate up to where I want it.

It’s by far the best beta blocker in my opinion for athletes and those with rhythm issues. It’s the only one my sports cardiologist uses with athletes.

Your blood pressure numbers are pretty good there. Especially if you’re doing any hormones. As long as your RHR says down and in range the BP numbers are good, especially for a bodybuilder.

I know it’s been said so many times on here, but the one test I would suggest all do is the CT Calcification score test. $99 for peace of mind is worth every penny.

I would try taking the lowest 2.5mg. There is no other beta blocker as cardio specific as Nebilivol. It’s also the only one that does not make your heart exercise resistant.

The one thing my sports cardiologist stressed was that a little bit goes a long way. It’s his preference to keep it at the lowest dosage possible especially for athletes.

I have mild left ventricular hypertrophy which is part genetic, but also common in athletes and for those who use PEDs. So the Nebilivol is cardio protective and keeps BP down.

But if not for the minor LVH I would not take it or any beta blocker as while cardio specific it will still slow down or regulate other pathways, I.e adrenaline.

You could always check magnesium levels as well. It’s critical for heart health, helps with minor rhythm issues and can help with headaches and migraines. Magnesium and Taurine are both daily heart staples that I would use daily for anyone like us with a bodybuilding lifestyle.
No thanks, it is crap too me when it causes issues with my health like that.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws