over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

My training partner

Type 2 diabetes is the body's way of forcing weight loss.

If you have a low insulin response, glucose and micronutrients will just build up in your blood which could lead to hyperglycemia. Your body does have other ways of controlling blood glucose besides insulin. One major pathway is just excreting glucose in urine (this is why diabetics can gain a multitude of kidney problems). Basically, if the insulin isn't there, nothing will be shuttled into cells for weight gain.

You could try some lantus in the AM, log around meals, or regular preworkout. Also some combination of the three. Metformin also sounds like a decent alternative in this case if he doesn't want to shoot insulin.

If he's at like 90 fasted, he definitely has a problem. I get like 75 when i'm not fasted. (edit: if he's peeing real frequently, or his pee is really yellow/brown, he's already messing up his kidneys and needs to get treated ASAP)

90 fasting doesn't mean it's definitely a problem. Some people have higher fasted glucose levels that are not diabetic.

He isnt eating what you are telling him to eat!!!

My dad is Type 2 diabetic and when he cleans up his diet his Meds make him dizzy and drop his BG too low. His doctor has taken him off and then put him back on his Meds twice. Some people are just borderline and don't need the Meds if their diet is right.

It's also possible he doesn't train hard, his gear is bunk, or he is inconsistent with his gear use.
This is exactly it. My dad is the same way. I would set his diet up, and he would do good for a few weeks and then have issues again. He would swear he was doing right. But digging into it further, I found out he was eating other things. He tried to justify it by saying he had a sugar drop, and had to have that cookie or whatever else he had eaten.

I fought this issue with him for years until he had a bad accident when he ran through a stop sign into an embankment. They said he blacked out. His blood sugar was off the scale of the meter they used.

Long story short, I cleaned his house out, and started taking him grocery shopping as he had only one good arm for a long time. I cooked his meals, gave him his medicine, and he ended up loosing almost 30 lbs after it was all said and done.

Once he seen what he could accomplish, it lit a fire in him to do what he knew he should do.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

The doc has had him on and off Metformin twice. I'M NOT TELLING HIM TO DO ANYTHING. We talk at the gym (while training) about how he may do better. If he wants to put down the metformin, that's his fucking business.

(((G E T I T ????)))

I ask a simple question and get all this crap.

PLEASE go back to the first post and read the question.

To the guys that are trying to help Lex, k3 and the rest, thank you. I truly appreciate it. :)

CG

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity