over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

NAD+ is it effective?

i just said fuck it.. and bought 10g NMN powder... a bottle of lipsomal NAD+ and a bottle of lipsomal NR
the two liposomal products contain trans-reservatol and TMG(??).. so i dont think i'm missing out on the needed supportive 'nutrients'

I became super involved with the longevity community the same way I was with the bodybuilding community so I do have a strong particular interest in the field. It’s very difficult to prove lifespan increase in humans given how difficult it would be to get a large population of humans vs placebo to agree to it. However, we have rodent data on it so some of the data could possibly be extrapolated into humans and some of it will not be.

If certain interventions have been proven to extend lifespan in rodents, then it’s reasonable to assume we can extend lifespan in humans too (including healthspan. They go together).

Back to NAD. It’s been proven that NAD levels indeed decline in humans as we age. It’s more reasonable to think older people would benefit more than younger people. The problem is the rodent data on lifespan extension hasn’t been so great as of yet. Could be a dosaging issue. Could be a delivery method. Or maybe it just doesn’t work too great.

Btw, niacin has also shown to increase NAD levels (since it’s also vitamin B3).

That being said, there are certainly anecdotes of people swearing they people better.

The jury is still out on NAD and NAD precursors like NMN
im trying to understand something here.
are you saying NAD/NAD-precursors havent proven effective with respect to longevity ? or are you saying the energy, euphoria, skin 'rengeneration' effects havent been scientifically proven ?
or maybe they havent been proven to be effective in both aspects ?
it seems many are reporting(amazon, ray peat, longecity, etc), that they've experienced an increase of energy, mood improvement, etc.
maybe all due to placebo.. regardless, i'm willing to give it a good college try..

im trying to understand something here.
are you saying NAD/NAD-precursors havent proven effective with respect to longevity ? or are you saying the energy, euphoria, skin 'rengeneration' effects havent been scientifically proven ?
or maybe they havent been proven to be effective in both aspects ?
it seems many are reporting(amazon, ray peat, longecity, etc), that they've experienced an increase of energy, mood improvement, etc.
maybe all due to placebo.. regardless, i'm willing to give it a good college try..
No longevity effects have been proven. The subjective benefits people say they get are all anecdotal. Probably a waste of money if you already eat foods with B3 and take a little niacin from a multivitamin.

No longevity effects have been proven. The subjective benefits people say they get are all anecdotal. Probably a waste of money if you already eat foods with B3 and take a little niacin from a multivitamin.
So I've been doing 2hrs cardio a day since early November. This morning I did 1hr stairs, came home ate, decided to take the day off. Slept most the day and decided not to do another 1hr of stairs this evening. I took 500mg NMN then decided to at least walk 3miles the local park. Was in the mid-upper 70s today.
Anyway, as I start my walk I just started off running. Thought I would just do 1.5miles, but felt very good. So decided to continue on to run 3miles. Could have run more but ranger closed the park. Not sure if the NMN gave me a jolt of energy, but whatever it was I was certainly feeling MUCH better than earlier. Felt VERY run down. But now feel somewhat normal again.
Will continue to assess and report.

So I've been doing 2hrs cardio a day since early November. This morning I did 1hr stairs, came home ate, decided to take the day off. Slept most the day and decided not to do another 1hr of stairs this evening. I took 500mg NMN then decided to at least walk 3miles the local park. Was in the mid-upper 70s today.
Anyway, as I start my walk I just started off running. Thought I would just do 1.5miles, but felt very good. So decided to continue on to run 3miles. Could have run more but ranger closed the park. Not sure if the NMN gave me a jolt of energy, but whatever it was I was certainly feeling MUCH better than earlier. Felt VERY run down. But now feel somewhat normal again.
Will continue to assess and report.
Nice. Of course it's being discussed that NMN could be banned. I know none of us would dare order anything from the black market. 😉

I've been eyeballing NAD+ powder and might order some with my next gh order. I just don't know if I can just brew it with sterile water and BA like I do with carnitine. Nobody really talks about NAD+ injections, but then again this is the only board I spend any time on.

Yeah. You'll have to search sites like reddit, Ray Pear, longecity, for experience accounts on NAD+, and precursors.
I took today off since we have Monday off, so I could have a 4day weekend. Anyway, I literally slept all day today. Got up to head to the gym, but decided to take a FULL rest day.
Got some calls to hang out tonight, but turned them all down. I just want to sleep and lay in the dark. Had a small pizza cause I felt like I needed it. Now I'm sitting here burning up whole body is on fire and can't get back to sleep. Feel like getting out now but want to get as much rest as possible so I can start tomorrow back on track with a 2x daily cardio sessions.
Good thing is.. it's taking longer for me to feel burnt out. Before I was feeling it in 2-3days. Now it's weeks.
I can probably better assess NMN once fully rested and back on routine.

Yeah. You'll have to search sites like reddit, Ray Pear, longecity, for experience accounts on NAD+, and precursors.
I took today off since we have Monday off, so I could have a 4day weekend. Anyway, I literally slept all day today. Got up to head to the gym, but decided to take a FULL rest day.
Got some calls to hang out tonight, but turned them all down. I just want to sleep and lay in the dark. Had a small pizza cause I felt like I needed it. Now I'm sitting here burning up whole body is on fire and can't get back to sleep. Feel like getting out now but want to get as much rest as possible so I can start tomorrow back on track with a 2x daily cardio sessions.
Good thing is.. it's taking longer for me to feel burnt out. Before I was feeling it in 2-3days. Now it's weeks.
I can probably better assess NMN once fully rested and back on routine.
Oh damn, longecity is still around? I used to go there when it was called imminst.org. I will check it out.

Yeah I'm curious how you do with NMN once you get a chance to assess it. It's been so long since I've NOT been on it.

Not sure if it's the NMN or what, but 500mg puts me to sleep.
Will have to research this some more to see if lethargy is side effects for some.

Not sure if it's the NMN or what, but 500mg puts me to sleep.
Will have to research this some more to see if lethargy is side effects for some.
Hmm. Seeing reports on Reddit of the same. I also noticed my breathing was as if I was running tren. Like I wasnt getting enough oxygen. Seeing reports of this effect as well.
I may not be deficient in this regard(NAD)

That's a trip. I've heard of people needing to take methyl donors like TMG with it. But it might not be worth having to take other shit just to take it.

Hmm. Seeing reports on Reddit of the same. I also noticed my breathing was as if I was running tren. Like I wasnt getting enough oxygen. Seeing reports of this effect as well.
I may not be deficient in this regard(NAD)
I get a weird rush and my breathing gets all labored right after IM NAD+. I only use 50-80mg tops for this reason.

I get a weird rush and my breathing gets all labored right after IM NAD+. I only use 50-80mg tops for this reason.
Today I took 50mg oral, went right to sleep a couple hours later. Slept for like 4hrs.
I do wake more alert
I may just incorporate this into my bed time stack

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear