over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

NAD+ is it effective?

Nootropics Depot still carries NMN powder. I get 100 grams at a time.

Nootropics Depot still carries NMN powder. I get 100 grams at a time.
Do you convert it to injectable ?
If so at what concentration?
What's yours dosing and frequency?
What effects do you experience?

The evidence in humans for NAD/NMN is pretty weak. Very overhyped with very little data to back up the claims.

Yes, NAD levels decline as we age. The problem is taking NAD hasn't shown much in any outcomes data.

NAD failed to extend lifespan in the gold standard Interventions Testing Program in mice.

The evidence in humans for NAD/NMN is pretty weak. Very overhyped with very little data to back up the claims.

Yes, NAD levels decline as we age. The problem is taking NAD hasn't shown much in any outcomes data.

NAD failed to extend lifespan in the gold standard Interventions Testing Program in mice.
Cigarettes are more reliable 👍😂

Calorie restriction is about the only thing i have seen that adds years to lives. Just few want to spend a life time doing that.

Calorie restriction is about the only thing i have seen that adds years to lives. Just few want to spend a life time doing that.
There has been more in recent years. Rapamycin is by far the most promising. Then Acarbose, SGLT2's like like Empagliflozin, something called 17-alpha estradiol (no, not THAT estradiol), Astaxanthin, and Taurine have a lot of potential to slow the aging process.

NAD didn't show anywhere near the benefits that these other things have. Waste of money.

There has been more in recent years. Rapamycin is by far the most promising. Then Acarbose, SGLT2's like like Empagliflozin, something called 17-alpha estradiol (no, not THAT estradiol), Astaxanthin, and Taurine have a lot of potential to slow the aging process.

NAD didn't show anywhere near the benefits that these other things have. Waste of money.
Did the lifespan of animals actually end up longer as i have not seen any studies showing that but i have not looked to closely recently. I have followed most of those some over the last few years. Simple forms of life in a lab is not the type of thing i count as definitively showing life extension. I have been disillusioned with all the things i have read about in the 40+ years that i have had some blue collar interest in anti-aging. so i tend to be pretty sceptical.

Did the lifespan of animals actually end up longer as i have not seen any studies showing that but i have not looked to closely recently. I have followed most of those some over the last few years. Simple forms of life in a lab is not the type of thing i count as definitively showing life extension. I have been disillusioned with all the things i have read about in the 40+ years that i have had some blue collar interest in anti-aging. so i tend to be pretty sceptical.
Absolutely. Look into the Interventions Testing Program. Rapamycin & Acarbose combined increased lifespan in male mice by 37%.

Do you convert it to injectable ?
If so at what concentration?
What's yours dosing and frequency?
What effects do you experience?
I tried once at 150mg/ml. It was not the most comfortable shot and it started turning a dark amber color as the days went on. Threw it out because I didn't know what was going on. Note: I combined synthelamin with it a few times. I don't THINK I drew that up first, therefore coloring the NMN by cross contamination... but it's not impossible. @01dragonslayer seemed to have pretty good luck brewing his.

So for now, it's a half teaspoon orally per day. I think that measured out roughly to 500mg.

@nothuman I get that there's no evidence of extending lifespan, but have you tried it? I generally have more energy and well-being with vs without it. Andrew Huberman came to the same conclusion. He mentioned on an AMA that he takes both NMN and NR and just feels better with them. He'll go get the occasional IV push of NAD+ when he's really feeling run down.

I heard hubermann say if you want to shorten the lifespan of a mouse, over feed it and over work it - essentially the bodybuilder life lol

I tried once at 150mg/ml. It was not the most comfortable shot and it started turning a dark amber color as the days went on. Threw it out because I didn't know what was going on. Note: I combined synthelamin with it a few times. I don't THINK I drew that up first, therefore coloring the NMN by cross contamination... but it's not impossible. @01dragonslayer seemed to have pretty good luck brewing his.

So for now, it's a half teaspoon orally per day. I think that measured out roughly to 500mg.

@nothuman I get that there's no evidence of extending lifespan, but have you tried it? I generally have more energy and well-being with vs without it. Andrew Huberman came to the same conclusion. He mentioned on an AMA that he takes both NMN and NR and just feels better with them. He'll go get the occasional IV push of NAD+ when he's really feeling run down.
What effects did you experience with the injection? Euphoria? Improved mood ?

What effects did you experience with the injection? Euphoria? Improved mood ?
Eh, nothing special. But I've been using NMN for a few years straight. And I only ran the injectable for a little over a week before I started second guessing whether or not it was contaminated somehow.

Eh, nothing special. But I've been using NMN for a few years straight. And I only ran the injectable for a little over a week before I started second guessing whether or not it was contaminated somehow.
So your recommendation is to just orally dose 500mg of NMN ?

So your recommendation is to just orally dose 500mg of NMN ?
Try it and see if you like it. I just found that I generally feel better on it. I didn't give the injectable a fair chance. I planned on brewing some up again but just haven't gotten around to it. My wife already gives me the side-eye when she sees me brewing carnitine as it is, haha.

I heard hubermann say if you want to shorten the lifespan of a mouse, over feed it and over work it - essentially the bodybuilder life lol
That is pretty much what have read about longevity. Being an aerobic beast doesn't seem to help it either. Moderate size, diet, activity seems go go the farthest. What we choose to do with that info is up to each of us as i see it. I have made my choices and am comfortable. At least for now!

Yeah but lots of posit e reviews on it. Even if it doesn't increase life span but does increase quality of life it may be worth it. 1000 grams a week of test made me feel great all day. Lol pretty sure that would of had negative health implications or I would still be doing it. If I could find something that had no negatives and made me feel noticeably better in general I'd be intrested. I've been recently researching injectable glutathione as it seems to have some applications to boost quality of life as well as long as it's not used to much. Problem is it's supposedly hard to find good glutathione.

Yeah but lots of posit e reviews on it. Even if it doesn't increase life span but does increase quality of life it may be worth it. 1000 grams a week of test made me feel great all day. Lol pretty sure that would have had negative health implications or I would still be doing it. If I could find something that had no negatives and made me feel noticeably better in general I'd be intrested. I've been recently researching injectable glutathione as it seems to have some applications to boost quality of life as well as long as it's not used to much. Problem is it's supposedly hard to find good glutathione.
Hey if it makes anyone feel noticeably better, then they should definitely keep taking it. I’m just saying right now there isn’t quite enough evidence in humans to back up its marketing claims. We will see if more research comes out showing more positive results.

Yeah I wasn't disagreeing with you just pointing out why I think most use it. Seems like most so called life extension stuff is really more quality of life boosters. Sort of like low dose gh. You probably know more about it then me as I don't follow it to closely but being 45 I'm starting to show more and more interest. Lol

Yeah I wasn't disagreeing with you just pointing out why I think most use it. Seems like most so called life extension stuff is really more quality of life boosters. Sort of like low dose gh. You probably know more about it then me as I don't follow it to closely but being 45 I'm starting to show more and more interest. Lol
I became super involved with the longevity community the same way I was with the bodybuilding community so I do have a strong particular interest in the field. It’s very difficult to prove lifespan increase in humans given how difficult it would be to get a large population of humans vs placebo to agree to it. However, we have rodent data on it so some of the data could possibly be extrapolated into humans and some of it will not be.

If certain interventions have been proven to extend lifespan in rodents, then it’s reasonable to assume we can extend lifespan in humans too (including healthspan. They go together).

Back to NAD. It’s been proven that NAD levels indeed decline in humans as we age. It’s more reasonable to think older people would benefit more than younger people. The problem is the rodent data on lifespan extension hasn’t been so great as of yet. Could be a dosaging issue. Could be a delivery method. Or maybe it just doesn’t work too great.

Btw, niacin has also shown to increase NAD levels (since it’s also vitamin B3).

That being said, there are certainly anecdotes of people swearing they people better.

The jury is still out on NAD and NAD precursors like NMN

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity