over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Nebivolol Question

Because beta blockers lower blood pressure and heart rate, they can be used to help manage symptoms of anxiety.

Ask your GP, or pharmacist. Low dose Bystolic (Nebivolol) helps with anxiety. Simply get a prescription for the lowest effective dose to control your BP....The anti-anxiety is just a bonus.

Beta blockers work by blocking the effects of norepinephrine, a stress hormone involved in the fight-or-flight response. This helps control the physical symptoms of anxiety such as rapid heart rate, a trembling voice, sweating, dizziness, and shaky hands.
Beta adrenergic receptor antagonists and antiemetic
muscarinic receptor antagonists are useful for mental health
in primary care and family medicine settings, as they provide
favorable risk/benefit profiles, and especially so relative to
benzodiazepines. Beta blockers (e.g., propranolol) prescribed
off-label have been known for decades to provide some,
albeit limited, anxiolytic benefit for patients affected by
social anxiety disorder (social phobia), including performance
anxiety
. Blockage of adrenaline’s binding to cardiovascular
beta adrenergic receptors inhibits tachycardia, reduces blood
pressure, and thus diminishes palpitations in acute anxiety
and panic
. However, beta blockers are not effective against
the psychic (CNS) symptoms, such as anxiousness, fear, and
avoidance
**broken link removed**

Furthermore, the limited anxiolytic effects of beta blockers have been shown only for non-selective ones like Propanolol. There is 0 evidence for Nebivolol having the same effects, and given it's selectivity in heart tissue (at least at the dosages you use) the only thing one could notice is reduced tachycardia and palpitations in case of an anxiety episode.

I use Propanolol before important presentations, and it works great in keeping physical symptoms (heart rate, dry mouth, sweating) down. I also use 7.5 mg of Nebivolol and found that is does not have the same benefits other than keeping heart rate somewhat lower. Not to put to much weight into my personal anecdotal evidence though, like you are doing :rolleyes:

You wanna be a jerkoff? I have no idea why you have sand in your vagina about my previous comment.

My pharmacist takes the same medication for it anxiety benefit. My doctor prescribed this to control my BP and for its AA benefit. As you can see from other members, some of us benefit from this.

So unless you have more knowledge than my local pharmacist, doctor, and or more personal experience with it...You should just shut your fucking trap.
I also happen to know a couple of doctors, and none of them would use Nebivolol for performance anxiety, not to speak of other anxiety disorders. That's because there is absolutely ZERO empirical evidence that Nebivolol works for that purpose. In addition, based on the mechanism of action, there is strong theoretical evidence that it will NOT work well. They all prescribe Propanolol for performance anxiety, where it suppresses the physical manifestations but not the emotional fear.
Anecdotal stories of a couple of people feeling like Nebivolol reduces anxiety for them (at 5mg, sure :rolleyes:) does jack shit to prove that it works. read the fucking article I posted or STFU.

I am on the lowest dosage 5mg daily. You can get a coupon for Bystolic, where you pay no more than $30. I am not sure...But I get 90 days at a clip. I'll let you know shortly (need to pickup refill today) what my rate is for 90 days worth.

Went up $5. $35 for a 90 days supply. Discuss it with your cardiologist and GP, then tell Jeff to piss off :D

Well It works well for my anxiety at 5mg. Just anecdotal of course.

I was prescribed clonidine many years back as the only medication known by doctors to give people with tourretts like myself. Cant remember to well but obviously didnt help me.

I’m a psych nurse and we use clonadine all the time in child populations where we don’t want them to use benzos.

Another option is vistaril. It’s like benadryls cousin. But it’s gonna slow you down. If you have general anxiety, maybe look towards CBT+ antidepressants such as lexapro or Effexor. I know many hate Effexor, but for anxiety treatment, no other drug can match it.

Also try l-theanine, asghwanda, CBD oil, etc.

I know anxiety sucks, I struggle with it

I could be wrong but did you say it made you dizzy at a higher dose? I just made a thread about this

Just want to say my dizziness earlier was from using L-Theanine, NOT Bystolic. Found that out after this thread was made. No more issues on Bystolic now that I dropped the Theanine.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear