advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Need help from the research intellectuals here.......

Skip

Registered
Okay, here is the situation;

I have a buddy that just got out of federal prison and was in for gear issues. He was in for one year and was using gear prior to going in but had a script for both test and deca. He is being drug tested while on probation now and he just tested positive for deca on his first drug test. His PO is typically uneducated on gear and thinks that he needs to recommend weekly drug testing instead of monthy. My friend has to go in Monday morning and convince his PO that the drug was taken before he went to prison and that the deca metabolite is still in his system. His dosing was 200mg per week last year so the blood levels can't be that high, none the less, the test was positive.

I need a credible and preferably a medical document of sorts that states that the nandrolone metabolite can be present in the body for over 12 months. I have searched on the internet to no avail and figured I would ask you guys because there are so many medical related links on this site.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I will be checking in throughout the week and weekend as any and all information will be helpful.

Skip

SKIP - I will do some research this evening when I return home.

In the meantime, consider this, if he had a script from his doc and he was receiving medications under medical supervision then I would think that the best and most reliable source of information relating to the DECA would be the physician that wrote the script.

Can your buddy contact the doctor and explain the situation? If the doc is willing to attest to the fact that the metabolite may last that long, then your friend should be okay.

hows this...

Published online ahead of print February 15, 2005
(Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism 2005, 10.1210/jc.2004-1526)

PubMed
PubMed Citation
Articles by BAGCHUS, W. M.
Articles by GEURTS, T.B. P.

Submitted on August 5, 2004
Accepted on February 7, 2005
Pharmacokinetic Evaluation of Three Different Intramuscular Doses of Nandrolone Decanoate: Analysis of Serum and Urine Samples in Healthy Men
WILMA M. BAGCHUS*, JEAN M.W. SMEETS, HERMAN A.M. VERHEUL, SUZANNE M. DE JAGER-VAN DER VEEN, ANDREAS PORT, and T.B. PAUL GEURTS

Department of Clinical Pharmacology and Kinetics, Organon, Oss, the Netherlands; International Regulatory Affairs, Organon, Oss, the Netherlands; Xendo Laboratories, Groningen, the Netherlands;Focus Clinical Drug Development, Neuss, Germany; International Medical Services, Organon, Oss, the Netherlands

* To whom correspondence should be addressed. E-mail: [email protected].

Pharmacokinetics of nandrolone in serum and urine was investigated in healthy young men after a single intramuscular injection of 50 mg (n = 20), 100 mg (n = 17) or 150 mg (n = 17) nandrolone decanoate. Blood samples were collected pre-dose and for up to 32 days after dosing. In addition, in the 50 and 150 mg groups 24-hours urine samples were collected at pre-dose and during days 1, 7 and 33, and in the 150 mg group additional samples were collected after 3 and 6 months. Serum concentrations and area-under-curve of nandrolone increased proportionally with the dose administered. Peak serum concentration (Cmax) ranged from 2.14 ng/mL in the 50 mg group to 4.26 ng/mL in the 100 mg group and to 5.16 ng/mL in the 150 mg group. Cmax was reached after 30 (50 and 100 mg) and 72 h (150 mg), whereas the terminal half-life was 7-12 days. In urine, pre-dose concentrations of 19-NA and/or 19-NE were detected in 5/37 subjects (14%). In the 50 mg group, 19-NA and/or 19-NE could be detected at least until 33 days after injection in 16/17 subjects (94%). In the 150 mg group of subjects presumed to have not previously used nandrolone, nandrolone metabolites could be detected up to 6 months in 8/12 subjects (67%) for 19-NE to 10/12 subjects (83%) for 19-NA.

Key words: nandrolone decanoate • pharmacokinetics • doping • 19-norandrosterone • 19-noretiocholanolone

I researched this on google, under nandrolone decanoate and metabolite
gooey

Last edited:
another

: J Steroid Biochem. 1985 May;22(5):623-9. Related Articles, Links

Pharmacokinetics of 19-nortestosterone esters in normal men.

Belkien L, Schurmeyer T, Hano R, Gunnarsson PO, Nieschlag E.

A reliable method for the isolation of 19-nortestosterone (NT), testosterone (T) and dihydrotestosterone (DHT) by high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) and quantitation of the individual steroids by radioimmunoassays is described. The method was used to measure serum concentrations of NT, T and DHT in a pharmacokinetic study and in a clinical trial for male fertility control. Following intramuscular injection of either 50 mg 19-nortestosterone-3-(p-hexoxyphenyl)-propionate (NP) or 50 mg 19-nortestosterone-decanoate (ND) serum NT increased rapidly to maximal concentrations of 4.6 +/- 3.2 and 2.0 +/- 1.3 nmol/l (+/-SD), respectively, in the 6 volunteers. The half-life time was 8 days for ND and 21 days for NP. Based on these findings a clinical trial with NP was performed. NP was given to 5 healthy men in doses of 100 mg/week for the first 3 weeks followed by 200 mg/week for 10 further weeks. Serum NT levels increased gradually and maximal concentrations were reached in the 13th treatment week (20.2 +/- 3.4 nmol/l). Measurable amounts of NT were detectable for 19 weeks after the last injection. The study shows that NT accumulates under this treatment regime and wider spacing of the injection intervals may be possible in future trials.

PMID: 4010287 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

they could tell if it was used 1 year ago or 2 months ago by the levels. At my job we have a consultant in my office that I show drug test to and he tells me if the user is using weekley,dosages or just 1 time evry few months by reading the anaylasis. If he cant he willl make a referral for a more specific test. I n your friends case they may send him for a more specfic test to determine if his results cooralate when he used.

I found this one, too, but it doesn't do him much good because he needs it to show that the metabolite can remain up to 12 months or longer because it has been just a few weeks shy of 1 year. This study only goes to 6 months.

Skip

gooey said:
Published online ahead of print February 15, 2005
(Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism 2005, 10.1210/jc.2004-1526)

PubMed
PubMed Citation
Articles by BAGCHUS, W. M.
Articles by GEURTS, T.B. P.

Submitted on August 5, 2004
Accepted on February 7, 2005
Pharmacokinetic Evaluation of Three Different Intramuscular Doses of Nandrolone Decanoate: Analysis of Serum and Urine Samples in Healthy Men
WILMA M. BAGCHUS*, JEAN M.W. SMEETS, HERMAN A.M. VERHEUL, SUZANNE M. DE JAGER-VAN DER VEEN, ANDREAS PORT, and T.B. PAUL GEURTS

Department of Clinical Pharmacology and Kinetics, Organon, Oss, the Netherlands; International Regulatory Affairs, Organon, Oss, the Netherlands; Xendo Laboratories, Groningen, the Netherlands;Focus Clinical Drug Development, Neuss, Germany; International Medical Services, Organon, Oss, the Netherlands

* To whom correspondence should be addressed. E-mail: [email protected].

Pharmacokinetics of nandrolone in serum and urine was investigated in healthy young men after a single intramuscular injection of 50 mg (n = 20), 100 mg (n = 17) or 150 mg (n = 17) nandrolone decanoate. Blood samples were collected pre-dose and for up to 32 days after dosing. In addition, in the 50 and 150 mg groups 24-hours urine samples were collected at pre-dose and during days 1, 7 and 33, and in the 150 mg group additional samples were collected after 3 and 6 months. Serum concentrations and area-under-curve of nandrolone increased proportionally with the dose administered. Peak serum concentration (Cmax) ranged from 2.14 ng/mL in the 50 mg group to 4.26 ng/mL in the 100 mg group and to 5.16 ng/mL in the 150 mg group. Cmax was reached after 30 (50 and 100 mg) and 72 h (150 mg), whereas the terminal half-life was 7-12 days. In urine, pre-dose concentrations of 19-NA and/or 19-NE were detected in 5/37 subjects (14%). In the 50 mg group, 19-NA and/or 19-NE could be detected at least until 33 days after injection in 16/17 subjects (94%). In the 150 mg group of subjects presumed to have not previously used nandrolone, nandrolone metabolites could be detected up to 6 months in 8/12 subjects (67%) for 19-NE to 10/12 subjects (83%) for 19-NA.

Key words: nandrolone decanoate • pharmacokinetics • doping • 19-norandrosterone • 19-noretiocholanolone

I researched this on google, under nandrolone decanoate and metabolite
gooey

Coopie said:
Can your buddy contact the doctor and explain the situation? If the doc is willing to attest to the fact that the metabolite may last that long, then your friend should be okay.

I wondered this as well but I think the scripts are from not so face to face consulting by the physician, if you get what I mean.

Skip

Skip -

I know exactly what you mean, but that should be of little (if any) significance. You see, a doctor/patient relationship is established generally when a patient fills out a new patient information intake sheet and signs a health care waiver. If the doc, at any point thereafter, thinks that the patient's best needs are served by a direct offic visit, a phone consultation, or through email - well, that's at the discretion of the doctor.

Take, for example, a recent article in the New York Law Journal that stated medical insurance will soon cover emails and telephone calls in lieu of an office visit. Many doctors are comfortable treating patients "remotely", and even the insurance companies see the benefit as opposed to an office visit.

Skip,

I would try to contact Mauro Di Pasquale and/or find this reference:

Di Pasquale MG. Beating drug tests: part 2. Drugs in Sports 1992; 1(3):6-12.

Also, it is possible that he was using supplements that contain nandrolone (that were not prohormones):

1. Geyer, H., M. K. Parr, U. Mareck, U. Reinhart, Y. Schrader, and W. Schanzer. Analysis of non-hormonal nutritional supplements for anabolic-androgenic steroids - results of an international study. Int J Sports Med. 25:124-129, 2004.

Several recent studies have shown evidence of some nutritional supplements containing prohibited anabolic androgenic steroids, so-called prohormones, which were not declared on the label. Therefore, a broad-based investigation of the international nutritional supplement market was initiated to clarify the extent of this problem. From October 2000 until November 2001, 634 non-hormonal nutritional supplements were purchased in 13 countries from 215 different suppliers. Most supplements were bought in shops in the respective countries (578 samples = 91.2 %) and on the internet (52 samples = 8.2 %). 289 supplements were from prohormone-selling companies and 345 supplements came from companies which do not offer prohormones. After isolation from the supplement matrix 11 different anabolic androgenic steroids, mainly prohormones of testosterone and nandrolone, were analysed by gas-chromatography/mass spectrometry. Out of the 634 samples analysed 94 (14.8 %) contained anabolic androgenic steroids not declared on the label ("positive supplements"). We could not obtain reliable data for 66 samples (10.4 %) due to matrix effects. In relation to the total number of products purchased per country, most of the positive supplements were bought in the Netherlands (25.8 %), in Austria (22.7 %), in the UK (18.8 %) and the USA (18.8 %). According to the label, all positive supplements were from companies located in only five countries: the USA, the Netherlands, the UK, Italy and Germany. 21.1 % of the nutritional supplements from prohormone-selling companies contained anabolic androgenic steroids, whereas 9.6 % of the supplements from companies not selling prohormones were positive. The positive supplements showed anabolic androgenic steroid concentrations of 0.01 micro g/g up to 190 micro g/g. The administration of supplements containing nandrolone prohormones adding up to a total uptake of more than 1 micro g resulted in positive doping results for norandrosterone for several hours.

-R

Mauro DiPasquale thinks you could show positive for nandrolone even if you never took the drug!

**broken link removed**

His PO said that his blood levels were 6.2 ng/ml. WTF?? He has taken NOTHING and has been off deca for 12 months. His dosing a year ago for the deca 600mg per week.

How could he possibly have blood levels that high or is his PO lying?

Skip

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner