over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

New metallica cd

abunce

Newbies
Anyone else getting pumped about metallicas new cd coming out on sept. 12
. There new song "the day that never comes" that you can hear on there website i think is great . Anyone else like it?

Looks like they are getting back to their orginal roots with an 8 minute song.. I liked the intro and the main melody.. Vocals were ok.. Solo at end was cool... But i don't think it really matched up with the song.. You have a melodic song.. Then a pretty hard solo at the end..

lots of Metallica songs are melodic at the begining and end on a heavy note. Especially their best ones! Like One, Welcome Home, Fade to Black, ect...

I even like the ones that start heavy, then go mellow like master of puppets. That kind of transitioning is awesome.

I can't wait to buy their new album. St. Anger was a disaster.

One of my friends got a copy about 6 months ago of a whole bunch of demo songs from there current album. I'm not sure how he got it exactly, but it was a rough copy and he told me it sounded like older school Metallica.

Ya i guess rolling stones did a review on it and gave it there highest review

im way excited!!!! the are coming to portland with down on nov 1st. cant wait!

No... not their single " The day that never Comes" Sounds like Load/ Reload shit.... Just longer songs.

Theres no going back. Dont get me wrong, Metallica is a great band, but after selling out for 15 years, theyve lost that touch. Listen to Master or even Justice. No comparison.

Disposable Heros, Trapped under Ice, Blackened.... Thats the SHIT Metallica is known for.

Good band today, just different. And If this is what to expect, then NO ; Metallica hasnt gone back to their roots.

But We'll just have to wait and see.

No... not their single " The day that never Comes" Sounds like Load/ Reload shit.... Just longer songs.

Theres no going back. Dont get me wrong, Metallica is a great band, but after selling out for 15 years, theyve lost that touch. Listen to Master or even Justice. No comparison.

Disposable Heros, Trapped under Ice, Blackened.... Thats the SHIT Metallica is known for.

Good band today, just different. And If this is what to expect, then NO ; Metallica hasnt gone back to their roots.

But We'll just have to wait and see.

Hey...at least there is some guitar soloing on this one. Too bad Lars wasn't in the bunk that Cliff was in the night their bus crashed and Cliff got killed...because I'll guarantee you one thing, if Cliff Burton was still alive, they wouldn't have made 15 years of half-assed albums. Oh well, even with the lousy albums, they have always been great to see live. Can't wait to see them this winter. There will never be another Master of Puppets, but hopefully this album will still be 100 times better than St. Anger.

I like the sound of their new song, it's like a mix of 80's metallica and load which is ok but the fact is that james voice is fucking shot.... he hasn't been able to sing for the last 8 years...... even if they totally went back to their old sound his voice couldn't match it anymore..... all that being said they're still one of my favorite bands even though their new shit is terrable and their new album will fuckin too...... damn shame

lots of Metallica songs are melodic at the begining and end on a heavy note. Especially their best ones! Like One, Welcome Home, Fade to Black, ect...

I even like the ones that start heavy, then go mellow like master of puppets. That kind of transitioning is awesome.

I can't wait to buy their new album. St. Anger was a disaster.

I really loved there earlier stuff. But the last few too me havent been the same.

I really loved there earlier stuff. But the last few too me havent been the same.

I agree, I thought their best track was the Four Horsemen!!!

I heard the new one apocalyps. Its ok, more like their earlier hardcore stuff. I didn't like it as much as their black album or load or reload. Its alot of hardcore riffs that seem to ramble on but I'm still a Metallica fan.

Am i the only one who is tired of people saying they don't sound like they did TWENTY years ago? Did they sell out or just decide to try different sounds? If they kept playing like Master of Puppets, people would say they just sound the same. They're so popular, they can't win no matter what they put out.

I think they rocked back then and do now. Every band who has been around as long as they have will have good albums and bad.

Am i the only one who is tired of people saying they don't sound like they did TWENTY years ago? Did they sell out or just decide to try different sounds? If they kept playing like Master of Puppets, people would say they just sound the same. They're so popular, they can't win no matter what they put out.

I think they rocked back then and do now. Every band who has been around as long as they have will have good albums and bad.

ZZ Top formed in 1967, still has all original members and have kept the same sound.

Many bands do.

But when You are a fan of a band and all the sudden they decide to do something different, and Metallica was SOOOOO Bad ASS!!!!, of course one will have opinions.

What other bands have sold out? More important.... What other bands have sold out and had such an impact in the music world FOR selling out???

Metallica is the poster child for selling out. The foundation. The Epitamy. Look " sell out" up in the dictionary and there's a pic of Metallica. Bands sell out....sure. But they dont get the rap for doing so like Metallica.

Greatest non-sell out band in history AC/DC!

Maybe not as good anymore but they put out so many kick ass albums and songs and concerts, no one can take that a way. Always stuck to their guns. Can't even get their music on itunes because they didn't sell it.

It doesn't matter what they do at this time because they have already stood the test of time worldwide.

Metallica will never live down their sell out BS. Remember that "Kill em all" meant kill all the record producers. And "One" was supposed to be their one and only video they were ever going to do.
Now you can buy their home video of them going through counciling. Poor Metallicca! They don't get along sometimes and they hurt each others feelings.:(

"Kill em All" should be kill themseves because that is what they did.

And I once loved Metallica as much as anybody. Now I can't even spell it right.

this is some funny shit good read bro i would have to agree with you...metal just isnt the same anymore & will never be....btw I like old suicidal tendences better...

QUOTE=hellraiser27;448082]Greatest non-sell out band in history AC/DC!

Maybe not as good anymore but they put out so many kick ass albums and songs and concerts, no one can take that a way. Always stuck to their guns. Can't even get their music on itunes because they didn't sell it.

It doesn't matter what they do at this time because they have already stood the test of time worldwide.

Metallica will never live down their sell out BS. Remember that "Kill em all" meant kill all the record producers. And "One" was supposed to be their one and only video they were ever going to do.
Now you can buy their home video of them going through counciling. Poor Metallicca! They don't get along sometimes and they hurt each others feelings.:(

"Kill em All" should be kill themseves because that is what they did.

And I once loved Metallica as much as anybody. Now I can't even spell it right.[/QUOTE]

Metallica is screwed no matter what they do. If they tried sounding new, people would say "WTF are they doing!?!?!?!" a la St. Anger. If they try to sound like their old stuff, people would say "Hey Metallica, way to be original..." With so many fans there are going to be naysayers no matter what. I say they are the smartest band in a long time. They swung for the fences with St. Anger, and whiffed so they rebound with something which sounds like the albums which gained them the most mainstream notoriety and money. I for one, really like the song. It's formula is a throwback to "One" and Welcome Home (Sanitarium) where the bulk of the song is melodic and then it breaks down into a much harder instrumental. This "sellout" stuff is crap. Any band who has ever made money has been called a "sellout." If your supplement business was sucking, making no money, and an advertising firm called up and set up an offer which guaranteed you millions, would you sell out? There is no difference with professional musicians! They are in it for the business. Yes, maybe some bands set out to be original and make "art" but the majority of them are in it for the $$$ Selling out should be a moot point.

yup yup

Metallica is screwed no matter what they do. If they tried sounding new, people would say "WTF are they doing!?!?!?!" a la St. Anger. If they try to sound like their old stuff, people would say "Hey Metallica, way to be original..." With so many fans there are going to be naysayers no matter what. I say they are the smartest band in a long time. They swung for the fences with St. Anger, and whiffed so they rebound with something which sounds like the albums which gained them the most mainstream notoriety and money. I for one, really like the song. It's formula is a throwback to "One" and Welcome Home (Sanitarium) where the bulk of the song is melodic and then it breaks down into a much harder instrumental. This "sellout" stuff is crap. Any band who has ever made money has been called a "sellout." If your supplement business was sucking, making no money, and an advertising firm called up and set up an offer which guaranteed you millions, would you sell out? There is no difference with professional musicians! They are in it for the business. Yes, maybe some bands set out to be original and make "art" but the majority of them are in it for the $$$ Selling out should be a moot point.

Finally... Did MJ sell out when he stopped driving to the hoop an decided to go to the fade away as his bread and butter? Metallica cannot win either way. As long as their is time their will be change... U cannot compare AC/DC to metallica? Who is 2nd to the Beatles in catalog album sales? Who is qouted as the Led Zeppelin of the 90's, who is noted as an Icon? not AC/DC as much as I like them. I am loyal and love all of their music.. they are the great ones!

Goo

while its not what i am acustom to, their newer stuff is growign on me. and i must say,seeing them live in dallas stadium was pretty amazing.

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads