over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

New Music Sucks

Kids in my gym just listen to good old heavy. Asked them if there's no newer bands to listen to, and they said not like these(Maiden,judas,Megadeth, Metallica, Sepultura,Anthrax,Testament,Suicidal,White zombie,Fear Factory, etc,etc,etc)
And being a metal guy doesn't mean I can't appreciate Beasty boys, Cypress Hill, CCR, Elvis, Classic music and so on. But most of the actual shit is crap.
Those kids are severely misinformed - or more likely just too lazy to find the good stuff out there today. The heavy bands today make Megadeth, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Sepultura, etc., seem like very light radio rock. And I say that as a big fan of all those classic bands.

The heavy bands today make Megadeth, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Sepultura, etc., seem like very light radio rock. And I say that as a big fan of all those classic bands.
Are we talking about the same bands? :oops:

Yes. You clearly haven't heard any modern metal. Here's an example:

I did it! Wasn't that my neighbor running his air compressor, angle grinder, gas forge and power hammer at the same time?? Sorry, not trying to be a smart ass haha but I listened this song to the end and it means nothing for me as every new band I looked for in the past years.
How you can match this song with Replica(Fear Factory)? to name something....

Haha you take posts on the internet way too seriously......Everyone else seemed to get the joking aspect of my hyperbole. So I'll fill you in.
I wasn't serious about throwing my underwear at him.
Regarding hyperbole here you go.....

1. obvious and intentional exaggeration.
  2. an extravagant statement or figure of speech not intended to be taken literally, as “to wait an eternity.”
  3. or in this instance, to "Throw my underwear at Steven Tyler"
So rest easy, I still have all my underwear.
Lol no brother I was joking too sorry if you miss understood me.my apologies

I did it! Wasn't that my neighbor running his air compressor, angle grinder, gas forge and power hammer at the same time?? Sorry, not trying to be a smart ass haha but I listened this song to the end and it means nothing for me as every new band I looked for in the past years.
How you can match this song with Replica(Fear Factory)? to name something....
Right. I mean we all have different tastes, different ear, etc.
But to me where is the melody here ?
Even with 70s/80s punk bands there was at least an attempt at melody. Even speed metal.. Motorhead.
This latest generation just seems to turn up the distortion, throw in a bunch of industrial sound samples, and call it hardcore.

100% spot on
No shit a few hours after I made that post I walked in the gym and that obnoxious shit was blaring too I was so fucking pissed. All the under 30s have air pods in so why should I have to listen to the teenager working the front desk playlist?

No shit a few hours after I made that post I walked in the gym and that obnoxious shit was blaring too I was so fucking pissed. All the under 30s have air pods in so why should I have to listen to the teenager working the front desk playlist?
When I go to the gym I don't wear headphones. Don't like getting them all sweaty. Although if I do wear headphones they are over the ear and I wear a beanie between my ear and the headphones.
Sweaty ears and headphones never really worked for me.
Regardless I can't even hear the music they play at the gym.. I'm too focused on getting my lifts in so I can go home and run the neighborhood.

Can't go wrong with Eminem.
Never understood his appeal, he's gotta be 50 still acts and looks like a middle schooler lol.

2 good ones....fast car...into the orange. To me music should be calming, pump you up, or uplifting, or tell a story. Just my opinion. Everyone has a different taste in music just like we all have different taste in women and the ideal physique. Some want to be lean like a ufc fighter, some want to look like Jay Cutler. Those who want to look like one would be horrified if they woke up looking like the other.

Mumble rap is the absolute worst fucking shit I’ve ever heard and oddly the money for it comes mostly from sheltered middle class to rich white kids who wouldn’t last 5 minutes in a “hood” there’s a 19 year college girl that puts that shit on at my gym and I wanna knock her teeth out mind you she goes to a $$$$ University and drives a fucking G Wagen. But she’s a gangsta chic riiiiight
Man they do the same at my gym, blast rap half the time. Once I walked in they had non rap playing I actually went up to the front desk and thanked them.

My earlier post in this thread was a little negative and at this point in my life I try not to be like that. I know it’s not very appealing. So this will definitely help with my poor attitude. Where’s all my Va. Beach brothers at? Respect to all.

Attachments

• IMG_4848.png
    IMG_4848.png
    324.8 KB · Views: 1
My earlier post in this thread was a little negative and at this point in my life I try not to be like that. I know it’s not very appealing. So this will definitely help with my poor attitude. Where’s all my Va. Beach brothers at? Respect to all.
Love me some Sevendust.

When I go to the gym I don't wear headphones. Don't like getting them all sweaty. Although if I do wear headphones they are over the ear and I wear a beanie between my ear and the headphones.
Sweaty ears and headphones never really worked for me.
Regardless I can't even hear the music they play at the gym.. I'm too focused on getting my lifts in so I can go home and run the neighborhood.
Yea I usually wear Beats but when it’s this hot I can’t. Now the music can really impact my lift good music say Metallica etc. vs. fucking mumble rap is definitely notable. The gibberish booming through the speakers makes me angry and can distract me at times, sometimes the anger is good. Now old school rap, Tupac, Biggie, Jay-Z etc. all good but the shit these days “whogoodie boogidie whoop whoop sip drank smoke dro homie brrrrrrp Lamborghini yellow fruitcake” 🤮

Yea I usually wear Beats but when it’s this hot I can’t. Now the music can really impact my lift good music say Metallica etc. vs. fucking mumble rap is definitely notable. The gibberish booming through the speakers makes me angry and can distract me at times, sometimes the anger is good. Now old school rap, Tupac, Biggie, Jay-Z etc. all good but the shit these days “whogoodie boogidie whoop whoop sip drank smoke dro homie brrrrrrp Lamborghini yellow fruitcake” 🤮
Only music that changes my mood is 36 mafia
And that's barely. I see supposed hood guys get folded at the various boxing gyms I go to.
I've sparred tatted up supposed hood guys who have zero power in their punches.
Seen hood guys get folded by lilly white suburban chads. So I see through all that loud talking, chest thumping BS. Half those guys in these rap groups are barely 5'2 weighing 120lbs. Former band nerds who now wear some gang attire. aka clown costume.
So yeah... Hard to hear the message from these guys when in real life they'd fold in a real 1v1 hand to hand confrontation.

Yes. You clearly haven't heard any modern metal. Here's an example:

Cannot make out a single word they are saying. To me that is just a bunch of racket. With Maiden, Metallica, etc. the words and music actually mattered. They were more than just hard and heavy. Here is some HEAVY stuff that you can actually understand:

Cannot make out a single word they are saying. To me that is just a bunch of racket. With Maiden, Metallica, etc. the words and music actually mattered. They were more than just hard and heavy. Here is some HEAVY stuff that you can actually understand:
Y'all are acting like I trashed the classics when I specifically said I love Metallica, Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Black Sabbath, etc. I should also point out that I listen to this stuff almost exclusively when working out so I don't really care how profound the words are - I just want crazy, loud, heavy shit that gets me fired up to lift.

This thread is a great example of entropy. Time goes on, shit gets crazier, and music is no exception.

Y'all are acting like I trashed the classics when I specifically said I love Metallica, Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Black Sabbath, etc. I should also point out that I listen to this stuff almost exclusively when working out so I don't really care how profound the words are - I just want crazy, loud, heavy shit that gets me fired up to lift.

This thread is a great example of entropy. Time goes on, shit gets crazier, and music is no exception.
You want crazy. Have you heard HANK III? Country/speed metal fusion:

You want crazy. Have you heard HANK III? Country/speed metal fusion:
Been listening to Hank III for 21 years. Trust me, if y'all think it's crazy metal I've already heard it!

His son does more traditional country but some of it's still a bit out there.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131