over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

New Planet Fitness Anti-Bodybuilder Commercial

Are you any of those things? Is it going to cause you to lose sleep at night? I laugh when I see the commercials. If that is the case then I feel sorry for you, but if it isn't then you need to lighten up a bit. I used to get offended when people made the assumption that I wasn't intelligent because I was big, but now I just get passive aggressive and use my vocabulary and use big fancy words to talk down to them and make them feel stupid.

And honestly, we should thank them for taking people out of the gyms we go to that take up space and get in our way. I think people lose sight of how much of a minority the serious bodybuilders/weightlifters are. People sound bitter that PF doesnt want them. If you were a business owner, would you market to 10% or 90%? I would market to 90%. It's a no brainer and that's what they have done...I guarantee if a hardcore gym had a commercial on TV making fun of middle aged people eating pizza while they "worked out" with sauce stains on their shirts and showed them getting fatter everyone on this board would post links to the video and would laugh their asses off at it saying it was the funniest thing they have ever seen and it would be 100 pages of posts in the first day...

No, Im not losing any sleep but it does agitate me when a company in that industry degrades the very people who strive to better themselves. JMO. I think it's the hypocrisy that bothers me.
If you "used to get offended", then you should understand people's initial reactions. I don't think any normal person is losing sleep over it, but I don't think most people are just laughing it off either....but whatever...I do need lighten up a bit. :) Ive always been, "wound" tight. :p

The problems is that every single gym has a couple of idiots that think they are huge and scream and yell, and drop weights. Every fucking gym has these idoits, so of course people stero type. I want to go to a gym that I can do my workout and leave. I can't stand people screamin, etc. so if there is a choice, I will stay away from the hard core gym. Heck, 24hour fitness(where I work out now), has to many idiots.

No, Im not losing any sleep but it does agitate me when a company in that industry degrades the very people who strive to better themselves. JMO. I think it's the hypocrisy that bothers me.
If you "used to get offended", then you should understand people's initial reactions. I don't think any normal person is losing sleep over it, but I don't think most people are just laughing it off either....but whatever...I do need lighten up a bit. :) Ive always been, "wound" tight. :p

I used to get offended when people would talk down to me because they didn't think I was intelligent. That bothered me because, and this might sound arrogant, but I was and usually am the smartest person in the room. Someone making a commercial playing on stereotypes trying to attract people to a gym that doesn't want me and nor do I want them doesn't offend me. You can't tell me that you didn't laugh when the guy says I pick things up and I put things down. It was funny and his voice reminded me of the old bug bunny cartoon when the monster says "I will love him and hug him and name him George."

You should laugh it off bro. They are funny. You also need to realize that company's don't care if anyone improves their physique or anything else. The only thing they care about is profits. They don't care if you pay your membership and never step foot in the gym again as long as they get our money. And this comes back to their brilliant business model...We will never miss any extended periods of time and will put wear and tear on machines from actually using them. The people they want aren't trying to push themselves. Just move the weights and machines around just enough to get a sweat going. They will cause less destruction to machines because they won't abuse them and a lot of them will pay the year or monthly withdrawals and never set foot in the place again after a week or two. How great would it be to have a business that people paid for the year or every month with a 1 or 2 year contract and never used your services??? That's who they are marketing to and want to do business with and I can't fault them with that

That's just funny... Planet fitness is a joke. But from a business standpoint I see their angle. There's lots more overweight lazy fat fucks and wimpy turds than guys like us. They're appealing to many more with this angle which brings them more $. I say fuck em who the fuck cares lol

The problems is that every single gym has a couple of idiots that think they are huge and scream and yell, and drop weights. Every fucking gym has these idoits, so of course people stero type. I want to go to a gym that I can do my workout and leave. I can't stand people screamin, etc. so if there is a choice, I will stay away from the hard core gym. Heck, 24hour fitness(where I work out now), has to many idiots.

Exactly! That is what sticks in everyone's mind. It's always that 1% that ruin it for everyone else.

I used to get offended when people would talk down to me because they didn't think I was intelligent. That bothered me because, and this might sound arrogant, but I was and usually am the smartest person in the room. Someone making a commercial playing on stereotypes trying to attract people to a gym that doesn't want me and nor do I want them doesn't offend me. You can't tell me that you didn't laugh when the guy says I pick things up and I put things down. It was funny and his voice reminded me of the old bug bunny cartoon when the monster says "I will love him and hug him and name him George."

You should laugh it off bro. They are funny. You also need to realize that company's don't care if anyone improves their physique or anything else. The only thing they care about is profits. They don't care if you pay your membership and never step foot in the gym again as long as they get our money. And this comes back to their brilliant business model...We will never miss any extended periods of time and will put wear and tear on machines from actually using them. The people they want aren't trying to push themselves. Just move the weights and machines around just enough to get a sweat going. They will cause less destruction to machines because they won't abuse them and a lot of them will pay the year or monthly withdrawals and never set foot in the place again after a week or two. How great would it be to have a business that people paid for the year or every month with a 1 or 2 year contract and never used your services??? That's who they are marketing to and want to do business with and I can't fault them with that

Ur dead fucking on here....awesome post

well the major problem I have with planet fatass is that it fucks up the other gyms around the area. for an example my powerhouse I went to got closed down cuz they couldn't compete with the 10 bucks a month. then my gym I'm at now it's startingto get PF rules ie no stringer tanks an there bitching at people over dropping dumbbells. and over other stupid things. but this is only happening becuase of the planet FATASS rules and how they have massive members becuase ofthe 99 bucks for a year. soother gyms now want to follow suit and that effects all of us at some point. what would u do if all the gyms u went to now said no deadlifting, had legpreses that u can only put 3 plates on, no squat rack. see where I'm going with this.

Your right. I cant disagree.

well the major problem I have with planet fatass is that it fucks up the other gyms around the area. for an example my powerhouse I went to got closed down cuz they couldn't compete with the 10 bucks a month. then my gym I'm at now it's startingto get PF rules ie no stringer tanks an there bitching at people over dropping dumbbells. and over other stupid things. but this is only happening becuase of the planet FATASS rules and how they have massive members becuase ofthe 99 bucks for a year. soother gyms now want to follow suit and that effects all of us at some point. what would u do if all the gyms u went to now said no deadlifting, had legpreses that u can only put 3 plates on, no squat rack. see where I'm going with this.

What you are talking about is an entirely different animal altogether. I don't disagree at all with most of what you are saying, but to play devil's advocate for a second. If you shop at Best Buy, Walgreens, Home Depot, etc...instead of your local family owned places you can't really complain too much. That is the corporate world we live in today. Big business generally destroys the mom and pop places. They can't compete with their prices. Like I've been saying in all of my posts...We are far and away the minority of what people want to accomplish in the gym. If we weren't Planet Fitness wouldn't be able to close your gyms because there would still be an overwhelming demand for it, which clearly in your area there is not.

I hate planet fitness for ruining the healthclub business..$9/month lowers the value of a healthclub membership(hence why they failed nationally at personal training)...I also hope they get sued for copying Crunch Fitness's motto "no judgements"....replaced by "judgement free" what a bunch of jerkoffs..:rolleyes:

without that jacked guy, whom they discriminate against, that commercial would not have been possible

the very thing they are trying to advertise against is what allowed them to make that advertisement - hypocrites right there

I train in a dungeon of a gym. Really hardcore. We hear the PF commercials on the radio and see them on the one TV in our place and laugh. While we all agree it is somewhat discriminatory and places powerlifters and bodybuilders in a negative light, we all agree that those commercials are smart business.

That being said, most of us on this board are passionate about lifting and enjoy being around our lifting bros. What we really want to do is walk into PF together, chalk up, lift, grunt, slam some weights, spit, swear, drink post work out protein, belch as loud as we can and then walk by the front desk saying; "see you tomorrow". :banghead:

I sent them an email awhile ago and got no response haha

"Myself, my power lifting team and our families were all interested in signing up for a multi year membership at your facility, when would be a good time to stop by? Also do you have power racks? Better yet a mono-lift? When squatting 600+lbs safety is my number one concern. Thanks!"

I'm glad they exist.
Now there is a place for all the morons who want to play in the gym can go.

"Hey man, have you heard of planet fitness? They are awesome! Check it out bro! They have all kinds of equipment to lean on."

:yeahthat:
LOL.. I was just getting ready to post that in this thread. Lol. I wouldve been pissed too.. That place is for pussies.

Come on man. The guy was throwing his weights on the floor. It looked like only about 35lbs. I would of walked up to him and said something on my own. There is nothing worse than some wanna be throwing weights around and making lots of noise with weights that I use for warm-ups.
And he scared the hell at of that poor girl.
Just a pussy in my opinion.

x2

They don't hate bodybuilders because they're strange. They hate bodybuilders because they are jealous and feel insecure because of them. Why would a bodybuilder get angry about this? I enjoyed watching the commercial though.

x3

That would be a dark dark day in my area.. The closest Planet Fatass as you call it LOL is 45 minutes from me.. We have LA Fitness which is huge and Urban Active which is a Golds Gym knock off... I hope they never change man..

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
HughJass
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131