over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

No improvement at all in HDL with krill oil

Are there any other supplements we can add to our adrenal to increase HDL other than krill oil and aspirin? I started taking 500mg of jarrow bcm85 curcumin a day.

Citrus bergamot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are there any other supplements we can add to our adrenal to increase HDL other than krill oil and aspirin? I started taking 500mg of jarrow bcm85 curcumin a day.

Niacin. Although it's questionable on its overall benefit. It showed no reduction in total or cardiac mortality in the HPS2-THRIVE trial.

Aspirin doesn't increase HDL, it acts on enhancing reverse cholesterol transport. Then there's the lowering actions of Lp(a). Which an independent CVD risk factor.

It's one of the main reasons why I take 81mg ASA daily. Thanks to eff'd up genetics.

Last edited:
Niacin. Although it's questionable on its overall benefit. It showed no reduction in total or cardiac mortality in the HPS2-THRIVE trial.

Aspirin doesn't increase HDL, it acts on enhancing reverse cholesterol transport. Then there's the lowering actions of Lp(a). Which an independent CVD risk factor.

It's one of the main reasons why I take 81mg ASA daily. Thanks to eff'd up genetics.

I had no idea aspirin lowered Lp(a). Good to know.

I had no idea aspirin lowered Lp(a). Good to know.

And you claim to read my posts :naughty: :p

**broken link removed**

Over the years I've posted about different strategies that may help lower Lp(a).

And you claim to read my posts :naughty: :p

**broken link removed**

Over the years I've posted about different strategies that may help lower Lp(a).

I forgot I made that thread so thanks for the link so I can reread it. My Lpa is down to 31nmol

Citrus bergamot

sorry forgot to include i am taking the now foods cholesterol pro product as well. This contains -

61N03M81ynL._SL1000_.jpg

sorry forgot to include i am taking the now foods cholesterol pro product as well. This contains -

61N03M81ynL._SL1000_.jpg

I took that as well as the narrow citrus bergamot

Nicotinic acid or niacin, one of the water-soluble B vitamins, improves all lipoproteins when given in doses well above the vitamin requirement. Nicotinic acid lowers the total cholesterol, "bad" LDL-cholesterol, and triglyceride levels, while raising the "good" HDL-cholesterol level.

make sure your niacin form is nicotinic acid, this is the only form that truly helps

have you tried niacin form nicotinic acid?

you may have to go high dose, its uncomfortable, get all itchy at high doses. 500 mgs got me all itchy first time using it so may want to work your way up. Some people take up to five grams a day.

Do some research on it, there's plenty studies out on this form of niacin for hdl Thank you

Last edited:
have you tried niacin form nicotinic acid?

you may have to go high dose, its uncomfortable, get all itchy at high doses. 500 mgs got me all itchy first time using it so may want to work your way up. Some people take up to five grams a day.

Do some research on it, there's plenty studies out on this form of niacin for hdl Thank you

Hello there LTBB.

Yes I've read plenty of literature on different forms of niacin.

These were the two largest population based trials looking at Niacin (Nicotinic acid) mortality risk reduction. There's a total of 29,087 individuals in both trials.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4352676/

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/828580

And this was from our very own, Rex Feral. IIRC, Rex has been involved with a few different clinical settings Phase trials. Encourage you or anyone else to dig through his posts on topics such as this. Mucho better than Google.

http://www.professionalmuscle.com/f...es-raising-your-hdl-actually-benefit-you.html

My interest of using niacin isn't for the HDL raising properties, moreso on its lowering effects of Lp(a)(lipoprotein a). Which is an independent CVD risk factor. As mentioned earlier, I'm one of the unlucky ones with an inherited trait of high levels of Lp(a). Incidentally tho, the lowering effects are related to the individual allelic heterogeneity apolipoprotein-a1 molecular mass (MM) phenotype. More specifically, a lower MM ApoA1, niacin seems better suited than those with a higher MM. Only if we we're able to readily test our ApoA1 phenotype. So, it's a crap-shoot at best. There's other reasons why I take niacin.

Functionality is the ideal goal when manipulating HDL, not necessarily quantity. Look into ways to increase HDL2b and increase the reverse cholesterol transport of HDL. There's methods right at your fingertips.

Remnant lipoproteins are of great interest, too. Banging your triglycerides down helps.

Functionality is the ideal goal when manipulating HDL, not necessarily quantity. Look into ways to increase HDL2b and increase the reverse cholesterol transport of HDL. There's methods right at your fingertips.

Remnant lipoproteins are of great interest, too. Banging your triglycerides down helps.

Stewie, what methods would those be? I looked up ways to increase HDL2b and reverse cholesterol transport of HDL and most studies simply linked better values of both to exercise/athlete population, which really doesn't necessarily say it's all exercise induced (athletes don't eat like the general population, for instance).

More elaboration would be greatly appreciated.

Hello there LTBB.

Yes I've read plenty of literature on different forms of niacin.

These were the two largest population based trials looking at Niacin (Nicotinic acid) mortality risk reduction. There's a total of 29,087 individuals in both trials.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4352676/

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/828580

And this was from our very own, Rex Feral. IIRC, Rex has been involved with a few different clinical settings Phase trials. Encourage you or anyone else to dig through his posts on topics such as this. Mucho better than Google.

http://www.professionalmuscle.com/f...es-raising-your-hdl-actually-benefit-you.html

My interest of using niacin isn't for the HDL raising properties, moreso on its lowering effects of Lp(a)(lipoprotein a). Which is an independent CVD risk factor. As mentioned earlier, I'm one of the unlucky ones with an inherited trait of high levels of Lp(a). Incidentally tho, the lowering effects are related to the individual allelic heterogeneity apolipoprotein-a1 molecular mass (MM) phenotype. More specifically, a lower MM ApoA1, niacin seems better suited than those with a higher MM. Only if we we're able to readily test our ApoA1 phenotype. So, it's a crap-shoot at best. There's other reasons why I take niacin.

I think I remember you said that niacin can also increase homocysteine (bad)?

The issue I had with Niacin was that taking a decent dose to bump up my HDL also increased my liver values. I only got about 2-3 points out of my HDL with the Niacin so for me it wasn't worth it.

I've often wondered about our obsession with these cholesterol numbers. I truly believe their relationship is loose at best in regards to your cardiac health. Why you might naturally ask? I can onbly speak for myself but my cholesterol profile has always been "bad" single digit hdl for many years , runs a bit higher now but never has been "good". My dad passed away of cardiac issues and when he did I naturally started getting concerned. After extensive cardiac workups including heart CT , I was told my heart was in perfect condition , zero calcium score no buildup no blockages no nothing and I am nearly 50 years old.

Sometimes I really think its all luck of the draw unfortunately. I also don't believe that the time to start eating huge amounts of fish oil/krill oil etc/citrus bergamot or whatever else you want to try is after you realize there is an issue as I have yet to see any truly documented cases of serious improvement in values. Of course again my point being are those values REALLY that closely related to your actual health??? I would use that bloodwork as a signal to get some real testing done...you may just realize that you are fine and you can stop worrying about it.

I will say this AS A PREVENTATIVE I think fish oil is a wonderful thing and may have vey well contributed to me never having any issues as I have taken 2-4 grams daily for 25 years. But I don't think it will reverse an existing condition.

I got borderline High LDL but also Very High HDL(68).

1.Megadosing Fish oil high in DHA(15G/day)
2.Eating citrus fruits along with tropical fruits and vegetables daily
3.Doing hit Cardio with Sprints
4.Eating a lower carb diet
5.Drinking at least 5 Whole raw eggs daily

I think

1.increasing Fats in your diet help with HDL.
2.Eating a lowered carb diet.

ya well I was dosing 2 caps viva labs krill oil and 3 tabs lovas twice a day...so I expected some at least a little improvement...I'll stay the course and modify diet and cardio and bodyweight and get retested.
for those that know me well I tend to over-react to medical tests...a bit :)

Try adding Curcumin. It can hels convert the Omegas into DHA

I also believe that getting your body weight down and reducing your carbs would benefit you. Also the types of carbs.

I got borderline High LDL but also Very High HDL(68).

1.Megadosing Fish oil high in DHA(15G/day)
2.Eating citrus fruits along with tropical fruits and vegetables daily
3.Doing hit Cardio with Sprints
4.Eating a lower carb diet
5.Drinking at least 5 Whole raw eggs daily

I think

1.increasing Fats in your diet help with HDL.
2.Eating a lowered carb diet.

BigMatt which fishoil supplement are you taking that is allowing you to consume that much DHA per day? By looking at some of these labels that would be upwards of 15-30 pills a day, or 20tbsp of liquid...

BigMatt which fishoil supplement are you taking that is allowing you to consume that much DHA per day? By looking at some of these labels that would be upwards of 15-30 pills a day, or 20tbsp of liquid...

15 grams total fish oil, not DHA alone.

Bloodwork 1/12/17 just fish oil
Hdl-44
Ldl-117
Total-172

Bloodwork 8/9/17 3/day viva labs krill oil
Hdl-70
Ldl-117
Total-196

Hdl was almost doubled ,ldl stayed the same

Staff online