over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Not gaing (not gaining anything)

Most people don't get it. Eating is a pain in the Ass.
...and I love food. But eating large amounts of "clean" food is by far harder for me than the other factors (Training, Gear) involved in this hobby of mine.

I posted pics of one of my lunches in the Synthetine thread the other day. Two foot long grinders in one sitting. But they were on whole wheat bread!

The day before was a large steak, chicken, rice and veggie plate from Fuji....and with it another plate of the same....but it was just a regular plate and not a large.

And those were just one of multiple meals I had those days.

My wife always told me I should be doing eating competitions.......and that was before I started back using MK.

I'm barely 200lbs...and my calorie tracking app has shown an average of 4,300 calories a day for the last two weeks. If I go below 3,000/ daily....I drop weight like I'm sick or something.

I can guarantee that if they were to track the amount of food they eat for a few days....they would be very surprised.

Crazy thing is that I know there are guys on here who put me to shame in that department.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk
This is my problem as I get older. Much as I love eating keeping on stuffing yourself as you get older is just a pain.

That's where cheat meals come in for gains. You get to a point where the volume of clean food required, because it's not as calorie-dense, is just too much. Nothing wrong with a few well placed, calorie-dense cheat meals to help gains.

The key for me is simple, have the proper foods on hand at all times. When it's not readily available, that is when people get sloppy and start eating shit. If you fridge and freezer are packed with the foods you're supposed to eat, you'll eat them. If it's not, you'll jump in your car, or reach for some crap you shouldn't.

Another reason maintaining calorie intake is challenging in this, is because the foods we eat get boring and many of us stick to the same foods, day after day and when food gets boring, you start eating less of it. You have to get creative. I was a chef in my early 20's so for me, it's easy. I know how to buy food, keep it stalked and keep it interesting.

Last edited:
The key for me is simple, have the proper foods on hand at all times. When it's not readily available, that is when people get sloppy and start eating shit. If you fridge and freezer are packed with the foods you're supposed to eat, you'll eat them. If it's not, you'll jump in your car, or reach for some crap you shouldn't.

Another reason maintaining calorie intake is challenging in this, is because the foods we eat get boring and many of us stick to the same foods, day after day and when food gets boring, you start eating less of it. You have to get creative. I was a chef in my early 20's so for me, it's easy. I know how to buy food, keep it stalked and keep it interesting.
I keep about 10-15 meals around that I can fix pretty quickly. Plus these are foods that my body digests very easily.

All my maintaince calories come from that. If bulking...I will add in different foods....but specifically two "refeed" meals where I bump my calories up. Probably comes out to around a 300 calorie surplus averaged over the entire week.

test doesnt normally start to kick in really good till 6th or 7th week

Who told you that? Congratulations on making 50 posts btw.

My friend has been on around 500mg test a week for 5 weeks. Same test product I use. He says hes not gaining anything. First thing I thought was bunk test, but I'm on it as well. From the diet alone, how's he not gaining "anything"
Sounds sketchy to me...help me understand.

6 foot 210lbs
Per day he eats:
Almost 2.5 lbs (cooked weight) chicken breast a day. 2.5 grams carbs per pound, 2cups egg whites, and some whey/peanut butter (400 or so grams protein per day 3800-4440 cals per day)

he should be gaining even without gear. Something not adding up.

At 6'3" 150 lbs I was one of THOSE guys. "I can't gain weight no matter what I
do. I eat and eat and the scale doesn't move." Fast food for breakfast. A whole
pizza for dinner. It didn't seem to matter. I didn't gain fat or muscle. My
metabolism was and still is insane. Finally I started tracking exactly what I ate
and I realized my protein intake was shit. If I ate intuitively, my calorie intake
was very inconsistent. I upped protein to 1.2g protein per lb of my GOAL
weight and that's when I started gaining. Put on 30+ lbs natty in the first 3
years.

I think people lie about the work they are putting in because they are lying to
themselves. They like the IDEA of having the body they want. But when it
comes down to it, they don't want it bad enough to actually do what it takes.
Either that or they are fucking stubborn for some reason and don't want to do
any research or listen to someone with experience. I can't believe how many
people come to me and want to gain muslce or lose fat but I am in disbelief
when they tell me what they are doing to achieve the results. Just had a lady
tell me the other day she can go 14 days without eating when she's trying to
lose weight.

At 6'3" 150 lbs I was one of THOSE guys. "I can't gain weight no matter what I
do. I eat and eat and the scale doesn't move." Fast food for breakfast. A whole
pizza for dinner. It didn't seem to matter. I didn't gain fat or muscle. My
metabolism was and still is insane. Finally I started tracking exactly what I ate
and I realized my protein intake was shit. If I ate intuitively, my calorie intake
was very inconsistent. I upped protein to 1.2g protein per lb of my GOAL
weight and that's when I started gaining. Put on 30+ lbs natty in the first 3
years.

I think people lie about the work they are putting in because they are lying to
themselves. They like the IDEA of having the body they want. But when it
comes down to it, they don't want it bad enough to actually do what it takes.
Either that or they are fucking stubborn for some reason and don't want to do
any research or listen to someone with experience. I can't believe how many
people come to me and want to gain muslce or lose fat but I am in disbelief
when they tell me what they are doing to achieve the results. Just had a lady
tell me the other day she can go 14 days without eating when she's trying to
lose weight.
That's the truth. I could always gain or lose pretty easily. But when I started actually tracking macros.....my estimates were way off.

Now I weigh out everything. I don't even go by the nutritional label. Seen way to many times a serving listed as so many grams....but put it in a scale and it vary as much as 10% of claimed weight!

Scales doesnt needs to go up week by week. But if he doesnt feel bigger probably he needs to start pushing down more food or start lifting heavier. Or probably both, not necessarily because you are using test means that you are going to put a lot of size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Needs to really up the calories probably, If your diet is good and your lifting regimen is solid you should be gaining regardless of steroids or not. But if your not gaining ANYTHING expecially on roids my first piece of advice would probably be to stop doing roids.

Update

I asked him to get his testosterone checked.

Total test was 4700 free test was 1900. This from 500mg per week

Might not be enough cals regardless of popular opinion here lol

Funny watching people brag about eating 4500 cals and saying how most people don't have what it takes to eat that much. Then how is obesity at an all time high? Lol

Regardless I got my RMR tested recently at a university and it was 2834 cals and I'm 5'8 198 so not even 200 lbs and with my activity level my maintenance is 5200-5300,just to hold around 200

And still not gaining
Did you refer him to this thread? Lots of good advice and real-life accounts on here. It's obvious the test is legitimate, so at this point it comes down to food and training. Are you familiar with both or just trusting his word when it comes to how much he's eating and how hard he's training?

I asked him to get his testosterone checked.

Total test was 4700 free test was 1900. This from 500mg per week

And still not gaining

I didn't even think that was physically possible to not gain with levels like that.

Numerous studies have shown that Test will put muscle on you even if you literally sit on your ass all day and eat like a regular person.

Either he's expecting results that are unrealistic or this is the worst genetics I have ever heard of lmao.

I can honestly say that I'm inn the same boat at times because I'm trying to gain size without gaining fat which is damn near impossible.

I'm 6'3" @ 223lbs dry in the morning. I'd say I'm at 13% bf as I can see my abs/obliques but not totally shredded.

That said, for the guys really eating 4500-5000 cals a day AND taking anabolics only (no growth), does AM fasted cardio help keep the inevitable fat gain off of you when you're really trying to grow?

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws