over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Oreos Lower LDL more than Statins -not a clickbait

omoplata

Registered
This guy tried both Oreos and Statins in succession and oreos lowered his LDL to a greater extent...
He is a researcher who studies exactly this matter and explains why this may have happened.

This is not a discussion about whether or not LDL causes heart disease. This is simply an interesting experiment with n=1

This will not apply to bodybuilers because nobody here is on super low carb diet. Still a very interesting video

Saw this from Metabolic Mike - I think it’s needs to be looked at deeper. But in the meantime pass me the Oreos

If the guy didn't look like an AI generated character i might be able to take him more serious.

I already see big pharma putting hands on this biscuits and taking them off from the shelves.

It actually is click bait lol he says in the video any carb would have worked but he chose Oreos because it grabs attention

The theory he was seeking to confirm, for those who didn't watch, was that the high cholesterol levels that occur in lean individuals when they eat low carb is due to deprivation of liver glycogen. He theorized that a lean person who was eating low carb and experiencing high cholesterol could lower their cholesterol by consuming carbs to restore liver glycogen. And his experiment worked as predicted.

There does not seem to be any real world application in terms of health benefits. It's just an interesting phenomenon he was seeking to explain.

It actually is click bait lol he says in the video any carb would have worked but he chose Oreos because it grabs attention

The theory he was seeking to confirm, for those who didn't watch, was that the high cholesterol levels that occur in lean individuals when they eat low carb is due to deprivation of liver glycogen. He theorized that a lean person who was eating low carb and experiencing high cholesterol could lower their cholesterol by consuming carbs to restore liver glycogen. And his experiment worked as predicted.

There does not seem to be any real world application in terms of health benefits. It's just an interesting phenomenon he was seeking to explain.
How does it not have any real world application?
It would follow that if you are lean and are eating very low carb, you'd do well adding some good carbs, no?
Of course don't add oreos; add bananas, oats or whatever instead

How does it not have any real world application?
It would follow that if you are lean and are eating very low carb, you'd do well adding some good carbs, no?
Of course don't add oreos; add bananas, oats or whatever instead
No because the idea is that high cholesterol on a low fat diet isn't a risk factor but rather necessary for increased transport of fatty acids

Good summary Biggerp73

To add a bit….

There is a phenotype called LMHR ~ (Lean Mass Hyper Responder) that exists whereby a ketogenic dieter who is a very lean and otherwise metabolically healthy individual (mostly determined by low fasting insulin levels, is active and w low body fat) and low Triglycerides and moderate to high HDL …with a high ApoB / elevated LDL (north of 275)…

Did not have a hint of atherosclerosis / plaquing whatsoever. Very low ASCVD risk.

These people are also high saturated fat advocates with an avg age of 50. Again, low/minimal to no ASCVD risk.

When a 100 grams of OREO cookies were introduced (carb source used to be provocative), it dropped his LDL by ~70% (Rosuvostatin only dropped it ~30%) *I can’t recall the exact %’s *

The secondary message that can be extracted (I’ve watched a few other videos); is that LDL is not the Boogey man it’s been villainized to be and LDL is not necessarily atherogenic. LDL is found in the plaque - along with a host of all sorts of other biological components (foam cells, macrophages, clotting factors, etc). So, as it relates to LDL and heart disease, it’s correlation at best, not causation.

Fascinating study. Loaded topic of course. It’s making Lipidologists, Cardiologists and I’d guess - Big Pharma lose its mind. Lol.

I have no dog in the fight but find this guy’s info pretty interesting. He’s a med student at Harvard who already has a PhD. Wicked smart. He is also APOE4,4 and should avoid keto - especially SFA’s - big time - per the supposed experts. He’s dispelling / disproving a lot of “facts”.

I was gonna say the same thing...."nobody here is on a super low carb diet"...... HUH???
I’d say most guys on here are on a super low carb diet at some during the year every year.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131